Aetna, a CVS Health Company

Aetna, a CVS Health Company Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,563 reviews
It is good work place depends on what exactly is your work. Normal working hours but 24 hours support format more than 220 resources working on it in Infosys
This job is great to work at and for when I think about the friendly atmosphere and management. It is just unfortunate that the company struggles to adequately compensate the employees for all the work and constant changes
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Working from home and being in the phone is ok they give you all equipment needed, however since cvs took over Aetna it’s went down hill on policy. There are no sick days of you have kids especially babies or toddlers think about that if you have to leave to get them or call out because they are sick it will go against you and there is no way around it. Yes you get pto to cover the pay for that day but you will still get points which add up quick
Pros
Work at home
Cons
No personal or sick time
Work load is very up and down. Some days I had little to do while other days or weeks I was swamped and had the work of 2-3 people. Providers can get upset when claims aren’t paid correctly. My job was to review claims and create projects to fix processing issues.
Pros
Great benefits. Good pay.
Cons
Workload can be overwhelming
The company encouraged you to set goals personally and company goals, encouraged you to stay healthy and also provided support for those who may have needed further education.
Pros
Discouraged hoarding your time off but to use it
Cons
would like an hour lunch, wish we had a gym at facility
Just run, unless you’re a favorite or know the managers don’t bother working here’s. It really is terrible believe the reviews. Expect you to work hours on end. No guidance or proper training
Pros
Non
Cons
The managers aren’t well trained and resign or get fired shortly after starting. I’ve had 4 managers within the last year. The company benefits also more than doubled in cost but most of us didn’t receive a raise or bonus which was due this March.
Pros
Pto, Vacation Time, Helping others
Cons
Poor management, you’re just a number, no raises
Management lied to us from the start of training class. We were thrown on the phones without any knowledge of the job. Management is very unprofessional. You can send them several emails and they won’t respond to any of them. They expect you to sound confident about a job that you are really unprepared to do. 8 weeks of training that had absolutely nothing to do with the job that you will be doing. It was the worst job I’ve ever had.
Pros
30 minute lunch, two 15 minute breaks, and a CVS discount card.
Cons
Poor upper management, long hours on the phone, being lied to constantly, and most importantly being talked to as if you’re a child
Aetna -CVS Health is a great company to work. You can definitively grow with the company. There are lots of opportunities to move around within the company training is topnotch.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility
Cons
During peak it’s hard to get time off
I enjoyed working from home, because it was convenient. I enjoyed some of my coworkers, even if we didn't see each other. I enjoyed the work I was doing. What I didn't enjoy, was the training, once I got in my plan. I only had 2 days of plan training and was expected to meet my quota within 3 months. I had no problem with meeting my quota, but was always expected to push harder to work more claims. Although, management stated that they prefer "quality over quantity", that was not the case. Management was always pushing you to do more claims a day. I would have stayed with the company, but felt as if I was being overworked and under appreciated.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Lack of communication from management and plan training
Management is demanding and sets unrealistic and impossible goals. Salaried employees are expected to work 60+ hours per week. No consideration is given to work-life balance. Many employees are unable to take PTO due to the demands of their jobs. Little or no opportunity for employee development. No opportunities for advancement. Aetna and CVS Health pay lip service to having a healthy workplace culture but the reality is far different than the promises. Aetna employee health benefits are among the most expensive in the industry with very high deductibles and copayments and limited provider networks and poor pharmacy benefits.
Pros
Great co-workers!
Cons
No work-life balance. Poor Salaries and expensive health care benefits.
It started off great , but then became overwhelming. I eventually left after only being there for 1 year. There is a lack of communication, and no support.
Pros
Quarterly Bonus
Cons
Work life balance is terrible
this company is money driven. if you do not go above and beyond their demands, then you are out--they give you a 30 day notice. their demands are unreasonable and can only be met by team members stealing work from each other.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
strict overzealous demands with no give
Salary increases are very small and once you meet pay grade threshold you are no longer eligible for increases. However, you will still receive the small quartley bonus.Very hard to transition into new position and advance. Recruiters do not have a good idea of job, therefore you are told you do not meet the requirements for positions you apply. Meantime, you are actually doing the job already or in a position under it on the career ladder. Makes no sense hence, very difficult to advance.Also, not alot of opportunities for minorities. Most minorities are located in lower paying or customer service jobs. They say they reach benchmark with diversity, but fail to mention they are mainly in the lower paying jobs.
Pros
Perm Telework
Cons
Pay, lack of career growth and job advancement and no diversity at top of org
I enjoyed my time working at Aetna, they are very supportive of work life balance. The pay was good, and overall I loved working there. I was able to learn a lot from this company and my career with them. I gained valuable experience that has benefited me moving forward in my career. Great place to work!
I know this isn’t the case with all teams but because I process a major client that is fairly knew... our goals are set at an extremely high standard. We are asked constantly, “why is there an issue meeting goal?” and once issues are explained nothing is really done. I have a manager that really doesn’t have a full grasp on how we currently process claims and a SME that’s overworked. So getting assistance or additional training is very rare.
Sr. Leadership is toxic and does not provide support to their teams. They expect you to answer phones without any help when you ask for help they give you Internet links systems within aetna to look for the answer and have your customer on hold before they help answer the question on the phone so you can read it how to handle a phone call
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Management supervisor very rude and disrespectful
This is my first time working in a corporate environment and so far I am happy here. Management has been supportive and are approachable and most of the employees are helpful.
Pros
Management, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Pay is lower than most companies and benefits are just ok
This coming has yet to figure out how to treat staff. High turn over. Staff burn out. Each minor supervisor does things differently leafing to constant staff confusion and misunderstanding. Corporate office no help. Takes hours to get any one from HR or IT on the phone for help
Pros
Wah
Cons
Low pay, high turn over, no stability
The pay is good. Management is poor. Favoritism is evident. The people who have worked in their position for a while get away with doing little to no work, while the newer people are left to pick up the slack. People who manage their time well are constantly asked to help those who don’t, instead of the poor work ethic of said individuals being addressed. Too many company wide meetings with redundant information.
Pros
Pay, bonus, work from home
Cons
Management, poor work ethic of some employees
There is an exciting potential for ecosystem transformation, with CVS stores and Aetna insurance creating better solutions for health insurance members. Constant leadership change hampers continued focus on a unified vision and a clear path forward. Some departments face regular (annual, perhaps) job eliminations and then growth spurts. CVS has taken Aetna’s culture of health for colleagues and members and become more biased towards cost efficiency and revenue.
Pros
Fair pay and opportunities for lateral moves to other areas of the company
Cons
HIghly matrixed organization which can be difficult for some people to navigate, Big focus on achieving cost savings through business-related reductions in spending.