Affinity Water

Affinity Water Employee Reviews

Affinity water , the people.was great to work with but the management I feel didn't know how to look after or respect their employees, they didn't listen and just piled more work on to your work load that was not your job or position
Pros
Free samples
Cons
This company has a high staff turnaround due to the stressful environment. Your mental health is drained by working here with no appreciation from managers, you are treated like a robot, just a head on a phone and nothing else. Very stat driven, but they make stats unavailable and keep moving the goal posts. Managers are very cliquey and have favourites, if you’re not part of the faveourites then your experience here is not likely to be a very good one.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Everything else
I didn't like my time here. I didn't gel with my boss and although I did my work to the best of my ability, without any consultation I was moved to a different team which felt like I had done something wrong when I hadn't. Disruptive and not a nice way to be treated, my confidence really suffered working here. It's a quiet place if you work on the top floor of the Hatfield office. Nothing wrong with that, but for me felt a bit formal and cold. I work somewhere now which is much warmer in comparison. I'm glad I'm not there any more.That said, if you're a person who can bring people together then the company needs more people like you.
Pros
Some decent people
Cons
Car park too small
Manager is a bully and uses people to make himself look good . Talks to staff like they are small children . Only wants staff under 30 so if you are older he will push you out . No people skills
Pros
Cons
Standby duties and poor management
Unprofessional management. Meeting targets prioritied over welfare. It's all about saving money for them. Zero training or development, training considered unessential by management. Treat staff like cogs in a machine. Piling on more and more work, really getting their monies worth out of people until they break. No recognition for people going over and above.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Dreadful management
Great people to work with, can get very busy, very professional in dealing with customers on a daily basis. Issues get resolved very quickly, help is always on hand when needed.
Pros
Very close to where I live
Cons
Great place to work, lots to learn, chance to develop. Nice people. Fun, Productive, good team. Hard work, Busy role never bored challenging at times but achievable
Company was very employee focused and helped everyone to achieve the best they could be, it was taken over in March and the dynamics of the company completely changed
Pros
Fantastic working environment
Cons
Parking
Learnt a lot workinb for affinity water I would highly recommend anybody who applied for a job with them the set up is how it should be with any company.
Lovely work environment. Big spacious offices with air con. Opportunities for growth and promotion. Free tea and coffee machines. Casual Fridays. Approachable and kind managers.
Affinity Water is a closed family, but once you are in, it feels great. They want skilled and good people, which then leads to quality. It's a serious business because it deals with water! So it's pretty much a bit of a pride to work for them.
Pros
Company van, human attitude, competitive salary
Cons
Hard work on the streets and weather elements
Owning and being accountable and responsible for the effective spend of the third-party budget for the IT Change Programme at Affinity which aligns IT strategy to the Business strategy (AMP06 & Open Water deregulation). Engaging with senior Executive stake holders within Affinity and suppliers to ensure appropriate alignment between business, IT and suppliers strategies, road maps, capabilities and supplier delivery; negotiating and agreeing the appropriate contracts.
I currently work in a department looking to trace missing properties, missing revenue, targets are set each year, working within a team of 6 with 2 external site investigators. telephone work is included and now many times during the day I also have to assist in the call centre I am on stand by 1 week in 5 where i am called if there is an incident at a customers property that has been affected by a burst and caused possible damag
During the interview process and the the initial training programme everyone was very pleasant and very helpful,I was part of a large training course as they had so many vacances . Once you had completed your training and had been split into your individual teams that's when things went wrong. There is so much pressure on your line manager for their individual team to perform and be competitive from senior management , that it then does not become a healthy place ( Stressful ) to work, and senior management seem to turn a blind eye, hence a high turnover of employees.
Lot changing at the moment, maybe needed as it's historically been set in its way but feels like lots of change and not great direction. Plus the business is set in its way so expecting things to change quickly when it doesn't happen like that. Lot of spending cuts mean I'm not sure about how the company can sustain customer service and creates a lot of insecurity. Bit chaotic, kind of left up to you to work things out. People are great I would describe it as a community where everuone helps each other out
Mickey mouse firm desperate for plumbers because they cant keep anyone on board. If you're suggesting going for their "price per meter" job think twice. Sounds good but it's a load of rubbish. They penny pinch at every opportunity. Run by clowns, if you dont do as they say immediately, you will be charged. Was laughed at in a grievance meeting. And then I was told that I could not open a grievance. Once I left, they found every possible situation to charge me for something. I'm not even sure that it's legal what they're doing but I hope they lose the contact ASAP they know they're running it into the ground uncontrollably
Two faced people bullying culture ,in house relationships conflict of interest, Terrible management and useless team leaders , if ya face fits culture, AVIOD this company ,they break health and safety ,and lie to customers,,,,a don’t care attitude, It’s like a badly run school full of inexperienced people made up job titles for friends to be part of the gravy train ,,,,THEY HAVE ALL THE GEAR WITH NO IDEA ? no one has background checks although your entering people’s houses unanounced.? The sites are run down ,some are in dangerous conditions ,health and safety risks ,so where is the public money spent ?
A productive an enjoyable workplace in my opinion when I can work as part of a team also working alone, problem solving. Pinpointing and locating a leak is gratifying.
Pros
Working night shifts
Cons
Lovely people. Fun place, target driven, hard going at times. Great team leaders, they actually care about you. Lots of incentives and staff concessions.
Pros
The workplace
Cons
Saturday work
Bad members of staff within the management team, no progression, awful place to work. Bullying other members of staff. Favoritism among the teams and information given out that is incorrect. Made to lie to customers and team members.
Avoid this company. Management have no idea what they are doing. There is no job security, no way to progress at all, empty promises. Timed on everything you do. Team leaders also completely clueless,to the point where they can't even do a simple task their team does everyday. Avoid this company.
  1. Employee reviews