Ageas

Ageas Employee Reviews

Good people to work with

Ageas is a pleasant place to work and management are generally supportive. It needs to pick a brand/marketing strategy then stick to it as there's so much potential to grow...BIG.The main let down across the board is on the IT, systems, tech and intranet side of things which have long shown signs of aging.To someone applying for a role, I'd say negotiate on your salary. Pension & benefits compare well with other employers.

Pros

Flexible working location(s) with friendly and inclusive culture

Cons

It, tech and intranet are well behind the times.

If you value your mental health, avoid

I’ve seen way too many people, myself included, have their mental health ripped to shreds by this company. You are nothing more than a bum on a seat. If you do work hard and take on extra responsibility you are not rewarded for it. People who do no work or poor work get away with it and people who work hard reap no benefits. If your face fits, it’s easy to progress. Managers have clear favourites and this is easy to see. If you have an opinion, keep it to yourself. Pay is poor for the amount of work you’re expected to do. You will meet some lovely people but you will also meet people that make you question how low the standard is to get a job here.

Pros

Getting paid. People.

Cons

Thankless, poor pay, no benefits

The worst place I have worked - Avoid at all costs

I worked in the Motor Claims Department. When I got the job I thought it was the best thing that could have happened. they training is very full on which is the only upside I would say. The management is shot to pieces, they all have secret conversations and then constantly are pulling people to the side, managers have clear favorites and will never pick on them. They are the people that get the bonuses and do the work to reflect the bonus. Salary is not what is advertised. The shifts aren't what they make out at all. Meant to have 1 late & 1 early a week and they will never follow each other. Yet all the shifts that given to the people that aren't managers favorites are late & early shifts back to back. Can't swap shifts as managers do not approve of it. Holiday is okay but favorites get the first pick, so if you aren't one of them don't expect to get it when you ask for it.I had to leave early one day due to a family emergency that manager did approve. When I came into work the next day at 8am I was told leave the office and resign or get sacked as I hadn't turned up the day before by a different manager, when my manager approved my leave. Disgusting behavior. Avoid working here at all costs

Pros

Cons

Management, Hours, Disrespectful

Slow, archaic, corporate shill

If you want to work in a corporate game playing environment, good place to work.If you want to think for yourself, have a say, improve work processes, then don't bother.They force you to do mandatory internal 'training/development' - which is basically just providing evidence that you are doing your job, and if you don't do this mandatory rubbish they will fire you. It's ridiculous.

Pros

Cons

Location, pay, management, work processes

Suppprotive team

Strong training and support system. Getting more and more flexible due to covid, will work 60% home 40%office. Good base salary. Paid holiday and sick pay.

Great people and environment

Good company to work for. Career opportunities if you want them. In control of your own personal development as well as Manager support. Great people and environment.

Pros

Free fruit once a month.

Cons

Can occasionally be a nightmare getting out of the car park at peak times

A good place to start

I had previously worked in the retail sector for over ten years and was looking for a way out. I got offered the job at Ageas through i2i recruitment. The interview consists of two stages. The main interview itself and sitting with a consultant to listen in on their calls. There is normally other people attending the interview so you are given the option of what you would like to do first. I chose to sit with the consultant, depending on how you are at interviews, I feel this was a good decision because the team members are friendly and have a laugh with you which calms you down. The interview itself is very relaxed, I was nervous and messed up on a question to which the TL explained the right answer and told me it was ok to be nervous. Which really helped smooth out the rest of the interview for me. Then, if successful you will be offered a job a month in advance. This is to ensure they can complete all necessary background checks before your employment starts. On your first day, they take your photo for your staff ID card so make sure to smile on cue! This card also gives you access to the building and if you choose to purchase lunch in the staff canteen there is a no cash policy. So your card is how you pay for food. Price rates are extremely good overall. You can top up your card on a machine in the canteen or register it online. Very easy and simple. If you bring in lunch, there are fridges to store it in etc. You can take cold food back up to your desk to eat. The training schedule often changes but for my group it was 9-5 Monday to Friday for a few weeks. Then -

Pros

Training, Hours, Holiday Booking, Work/Life Balance, Salary

Cons

Working From Home at the moment

If your face fits

Low pay ,micro manage dont take to long to go to toilet.Lots of back stabbing especially from some team leaders,awfull pay Some nice people met and nice canteen only postives .Theres a reason why such high turnover of staff.

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Lots

Productive and fun place to work

Ageas is a lovely place to work. They look after their staff and really push towards self development. They empower staff to make decisions and the goals and objective of the company is clear

great, managers are ok

enjoyed my time there, managers are ok but think there big time. very repetitive job, you'll love taking the calls its so fun. people always swear at the customers when there on hold.

Jobs at Ageas

See more jobs

Don’t work here is you care about mental health

Working here is horrible. Your treats as a number not a person. I was under paid for the good part of 2 years. Don’t care about your personal health or mental health at all.

I'll give you the honest truth.

Salary is good, but not worth the job and pressure you get with it. If you suffer with anxiety/depression/mental health issues, I wouldn't recommend. They give you two weeks of classroom based training where you're in a group of other new recruits, they teach you about the product that you'll be selling - motor policies, to begin with. There's plenty of hand outs and paper based information that you can keep at hand at your assigned desk. Policy booklets are poorly written and difficult to understand - but you have to work with them. After the two weeks, you enter the department and they put you live on the phones with the customers, with assistant floor walkers next to you to give you any assistance. You have to log every single activity you do through the phone (even when you go the toilet) by inputting a listed code into the phone, which is timed and monitored by the resourcing team. If you're two minutes late from your lunch, log out late or take too many toilet breaks, you get pulled up on it and told off. Their contracted target is to answer 80% of calls from customers so using the codes correctly on the phones is vital, however, the importance of this is not stressed enough in training. So if you don't take aux coding seriously, you get dragged into an investigation meeting where you're interrogated over your activity, treated like a convict and your probation record is stained - be careful. You're kept prisoner on the phone, like a rat in a cage. If you're happy sat there like a robot all day, doing nothing but trying your best to flog insurance policies to the -

Fast paced ever changing industry

Vaired role as a senior team leader, always opportunity to extend your knowledge. In the operational side of the business calls and adminstrations tasks are completed daily. The support functions and roles were an important element of this business.

Relaxed

The workplace at Ageas is relaxed and colleagues are great. Call centre work can be quite tedious but there are opportunitiers to get incolved in various networks and grops to keep things fresh.

Closed

The company closed out Stoke site. They did not own our building. Top management were a joke as they spent millions and thanks to that put nearly 400 people out of work

Fun place to work

Great company to wok for, staff well looked after. I've worked for the company for 10 years and have been able to progress. I originally started as a phone advisor and then went on to looking after some of the brands we administered.

Fun place to work

training is provided so no experience required, you can always move departments and try new things, free park and ride and loads of benefits overall a good job. reason for leaving is doing shifts, ideally would just like 9-5

Nothing much there

Working at ageas provides a semi-decent social social environment. However the work as a customer service consultant in sales and service is lacking in challenge. After a year of work there I have decided to pursue other interests. The job is recommended to those who are easily satisfied with a daily grind. However for those seeking challenge and progression, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Fast paced

Working at Ageas is fast paced and provides a healthy challenge with excellent colleagues who all are well trained in their insurance knowledge. Working at Ageas provides not only a challenge in the job role itself, but it also provides opportunities to learn and grow within a role, and develop your skills in sales and customer service simultaneously.

Productive and fun

Enjoyed the people but not the job I learnt good telephone skills and communication. Furthered my computer skills Was treated like a school child by management but only in the total loss department, felt underappreciated

A great place to work

Overall good company to work for but management can be rigid in places. Great colleagues, benefits and opportunities to be had if you buy into the culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ageas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement

Compare Ageas with

• Ageas
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?