Ageas

Ageas Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Good people to work with

Ageas is a pleasant place to work and management are generally supportive. It needs to pick a brand/marketing strategy then stick to it as there's so much potential to grow...BIG.The main let down across the board is on the IT, systems, tech and intranet side of things which have long shown signs of aging.To someone applying for a role, I'd say negotiate on your salary. Pension & benefits compare well with other employers.

Pros

Flexible working location(s) with friendly and inclusive culture

Cons

It, tech and intranet are well behind the times.

If you value your mental health, avoid

I’ve seen way too many people, myself included, have their mental health ripped to shreds by this company. You are nothing more than a bum on a seat. If you do work hard and take on extra responsibility you are not rewarded for it. People who do no work or poor work get away with it and people who work hard reap no benefits. If your face fits, it’s easy to progress. Managers have clear favourites and this is easy to see. If you have an opinion, keep it to yourself. Pay is poor for the amount of work you’re expected to do. You will meet some lovely people but you will also meet people that make you question how low the standard is to get a job here.

Pros

Getting paid. People.

Cons

Thankless, poor pay, no benefits

The worst place I have worked - Avoid at all costs

I worked in the Motor Claims Department. When I got the job I thought it was the best thing that could have happened. they training is very full on which is the only upside I would say. The management is shot to pieces, they all have secret conversations and then constantly are pulling people to the side, managers have clear favorites and will never pick on them. They are the people that get the bonuses and do the work to reflect the bonus. Salary is not what is advertised. The shifts aren't what they make out at all. Meant to have 1 late & 1 early a week and they will never follow each other. Yet all the shifts that given to the people that aren't managers favorites are late & early shifts back to back. Can't swap shifts as managers do not approve of it. Holiday is okay but favorites get the first pick, so if you aren't one of them don't expect to get it when you ask for it.I had to leave early one day due to a family emergency that manager did approve. When I came into work the next day at 8am I was told leave the office and resign or get sacked as I hadn't turned up the day before by a different manager, when my manager approved my leave. Disgusting behavior. Avoid working here at all costs

Pros

Cons

Management, Hours, Disrespectful

Suppprotive team

Strong training and support system. Getting more and more flexible due to covid, will work 60% home 40%office. Good base salary. Paid holiday and sick pay.

A good place to start

I had previously worked in the retail sector for over ten years and was looking for a way out. I got offered the job at Ageas through i2i recruitment. The interview consists of two stages. The main interview itself and sitting with a consultant to listen in on their calls. There is normally other people attending the interview so you are given the option of what you would like to do first. I chose to sit with the consultant, depending on how you are at interviews, I feel this was a good decision because the team members are friendly and have a laugh with you which calms you down. The interview itself is very relaxed, I was nervous and messed up on a question to which the TL explained the right answer and told me it was ok to be nervous. Which really helped smooth out the rest of the interview for me. Then, if successful you will be offered a job a month in advance. This is to ensure they can complete all necessary background checks before your employment starts. On your first day, they take your photo for your staff ID card so make sure to smile on cue! This card also gives you access to the building and if you choose to purchase lunch in the staff canteen there is a no cash policy. So your card is how you pay for food. Price rates are extremely good overall. You can top up your card on a machine in the canteen or register it online. Very easy and simple. If you bring in lunch, there are fridges to store it in etc. You can take cold food back up to your desk to eat. The training schedule often changes but for my group it was 9-5 Monday to Friday for a few weeks. Then -

Pros

Training, Hours, Holiday Booking, Work/Life Balance, Salary

Cons

Working From Home at the moment

If your face fits

Low pay ,micro manage dont take to long to go to toilet.Lots of back stabbing especially from some team leaders,awfull pay Some nice people met and nice canteen only postives .Theres a reason why such high turnover of staff.

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Lots

Don’t work here is you care about mental health

Working here is horrible. Your treats as a number not a person. I was under paid for the good part of 2 years. Don’t care about your personal health or mental health at all.

I'll give you the honest truth.

Salary is good, but not worth the job and pressure you get with it. If you suffer with anxiety/depression/mental health issues, I wouldn't recommend. They give you two weeks of classroom based training where you're in a group of other new recruits, they teach you about the product that you'll be selling - motor policies, to begin with. There's plenty of hand outs and paper based information that you can keep at hand at your assigned desk. Policy booklets are poorly written and difficult to understand - but you have to work with them. After the two weeks, you enter the department and they put you live on the phones with the customers, with assistant floor walkers next to you to give you any assistance. You have to log every single activity you do through the phone (even when you go the toilet) by inputting a listed code into the phone, which is timed and monitored by the resourcing team. If you're two minutes late from your lunch, log out late or take too many toilet breaks, you get pulled up on it and told off. Their contracted target is to answer 80% of calls from customers so using the codes correctly on the phones is vital, however, the importance of this is not stressed enough in training. So if you don't take aux coding seriously, you get dragged into an investigation meeting where you're interrogated over your activity, treated like a convict and your probation record is stained - be careful. You're kept prisoner on the phone, like a rat in a cage. If you're happy sat there like a robot all day, doing nothing but trying your best to flog insurance policies to the -

Fun place to work

training is provided so no experience required, you can always move departments and try new things, free park and ride and loads of benefits overall a good job. reason for leaving is doing shifts, ideally would just like 9-5

A great place to work

Overall good company to work for but management can be rigid in places. Great colleagues, benefits and opportunities to be had if you buy into the culture

Great place

Loved working for Ageas not a bad word to say , very understanding and equipped with mental health . Job is stressful and hours long but that’s same in any call centre .

Flexible and enjoyable

Flexible employer willing to facilitate good work life balance. Competitive salary although pension could be a bit better. Some opportunities for advancement.

Pros

Basic salary, flexible working

Cons

Pension

Ageas

Up until redundancies were announced Ageas was an excellent place to work. Since then, standards and management attitudes have dipped and it is no longer a place I can recommend.

Pros

Good benefits

Would reccomend

I personally worked at the Gloucester site and found it to be a safe, secure modern work environment. Opportunities to advance and guaranteed regular salary. Would recommend

Relaxed

Good place to work overall Low pay and worked Saturday mornings on a rota 1 of 3. Good location and cafeteria, immediate management were good, help available if needed

FNOL Claims Handler

Dealing with customers ringing in after an accident to report it or chasing an update. As is usual with call centre work they can sometimes be rude / stressed and raise a lot of complaints. Shifts are 5 days per week with a rotation of Mon-Fri one week and 4 weekdays the next with either a Sat or Sun shift instead. The lines are open from 7am to 11pm so shifts vary wildly from day to day. Pay isn't great but there is a possibility of a bonus each year depending on company and personal performance, though the personal goalposts for how much you can get have been moved in the past few years to save money. Quite high department turnover mostly due to the work being quite monotonous and other departments not having to work earlies/lates or weekends. Most of those who have stayed longer than a year or two have joined these other departments. Management aren't horrendous for the most part but a few of the team managers are clearly in their role due to longevity of service and little more. Decent office with a quite nice subsidized canteen. Parking on site is restricted to a 7-year waiting list unless you are on a specific early or late shift and then you are allowed. Otherwise everybody parks in nearby residential areas or uses a free bus from a park and ride 10 minutes away.

Insurance

Your standard insurance company with standard rates of pay and standard bonuses. Personally, i loved the people i worked with but after 20 years of insurance feel that it is time to move on and gain different experience within a different environment.

Very good

Ageas insurance is overall a good place to work for! Lots of new innovative ideas. Flexible working available! Good benefits and a good work life balance.

On the whole good but varies by team and dept

Ageas Insurance Ltd. is on the whole a good company to work for. However this is only true of more professional roles, pay is somewhat poor for call centre stuff and any other processing roles

Pros

Subsidised canteen

Fabulous place to work

Ageas (Previously known as Kwik-Fit Insurance) was a fabulous place to work. The benefits were amazing, employee engagement was second to none and the management were both professional and helpfull

Pros

Benefits, flexible working, career progession. Fabulous place to work

Good Company

I have worked for Ageas for 10 years love the people I work with. The Job is ok and they offer some good benefits. It is just a shame with the recent redundancies, I don't think this will be the case in the future

Pros

People

Cons

Redundancy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ageas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement

Compare Ageas with

• Ageas
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?