Ailsa Care Services

Ailsa Care Services Employee Reviews

ailsa was a great place to work when I started but unfortunately It wasnt very flexible with my childcare needs. I worked in paisley area staff and clients were all lovely office just needed to see life as our job a bit more.
Great company to work for helpful friendly and supportive being a support worker can be stressful at times but i know i always have someone to help at the end of a phone
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
I have worked for Ailsa Care for a while. They have treated me pretty fairly over the years and any issues I personally had I felt were dealt with quite swiftly. Like most care jobs it can be challenging at times but has also has it’s times of reward. I’m quite an easy going person and have found the staff I work with and the office staff to be polite and decent to work with. I will say one though don’t be slow to say if you feel your workload is too much as for a while I left it and eventually it got too much but the moment I spoke to someone my hours went back to a reasonable amount. I have had personal commitments over the years and have found the office staff to be accommodating when they can be. Also i feel that unless you have shifts on a run fairly close to each other a car is beneficial (though I have known staff who make it work) to help lessen the stress. I would say my overall experience with Ailsa has been fairly positive.
Pros
Keeps me busy and can be rewarding
Cons
Travel time
Ailsa Care have always been very supportive to me both management and owners. The days can be very busy however no 10 minutes are ever the same and there is good team support, everyone tries to work together the best they can. There is plenty of opportunity for learning, training and promotion for both community and office staff which is something I look for within an organisation. Support workers are caring, provide a high standard of care and form good working relationships with the clients. There are staff incentives in place which is great for the support workers.
Pros
Good management support, permanent contract, decent work life balance
Cons
Can be long days when covering on call or sickness but is evenly split between the team
I enjoyed my time at Ailsa, staff were friendly and always found them helpful. They were flexible to my needs so I was able to work school hours.Down side was not being a driver I found it stressful doing care work as there wasn't enough time to walk between clients and was always running late but after talking with my team leader I switched to social support which gave me 1 or 2 clients a day
Pros
Flexible work hours, support work is better for walkers
Cons
Care work not suitable for walkers, not enough time
Fantastic place to work. Recent management changes have created a positive atmosphere throughout the company and I’m excited to see what happens next. They are a company who really care about their staff and clients.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Can be difficult working with elderly
I have worked with the company for a while now as a Support Worker and I have found the office staff to be supportive and they muck in when staff sickness or staff holidays come up. Working with approachable managers is fab! It can be a stressful job and the support is there when needed. They are also great within trying to adjust shifts due to childcare or family emergencies.
The office staff are the rudest people I have ever met. They will slat you to other colleges while you are there or on the phone. I lasted a few months in the job before I walked out. They would add clients to your rota without informing you resulting in you missing clients - thus causing a massive issue for your job. I have never met such incompetent, unorganised bullies in all of my life. I would rather have been unemployed than work here ever again.
Cons
I have worked here for some time without any issues it’s much better than some of the other care companies I have worked for, managers help out and muck in
I started with the company a few weeks ago as a trainee manager I had 4 days training which was first class and a high standard then at the induction the manager explained where the company was headed which made me excited and the told me where they need to improve this was a first for me as no company before has told me this and I know what I’m talking about as I’ve been in care for over 20yrs the owners are very friendly and always ask how you are and treat you with the upmost respect. The rest of the managers help you as much as possible and never put you under pressure yes the job is fast paced but you have support all the way. If you start with the company myself and the rest of the team will try our best to help everyone who joins the company we are not perfect but we will try our upmost to help everyone who works for the company. Also the line manger is the most down to earth person you could meet and the admin staff are one of the best I’ve seen.
Pros
Very friendly company feels like a family
Cons
Very high paced
Having over ten years experience within the care sector, I was offered a Supervisor position. When in the office I was shown the bare minimum. I was nothing more than a Telephonist. Said on many occasions that I wanted to learn but was told not to worry about it. Sat within the office to listen to how Carer's were spoken to both verbally and on text message was nothing short of shocking. Current Management are constantly seeing things through rose tinted glasses or as they would say.... "Winging it"!!... As a person who is accredited to work within care I strongly believe that the owner's are only too willing to give people who have no certification job title's hoping that it'll make the company better. It's fair to say that doing this only makes for a more difficult transition for all. All in all my short time with this company was nothing short of a complete waste of my time. Im pleased to say that I'm now progressing my training as a nurse and know that my current certification and further training will allow me to advance in my career. The above experience with Ailsa Care Service's has lead me to this decision.
Pros
Cons
Length of your arm
I loved working with the service users they were lovely people, so nice loved assisting them with what I had to and feeling appreciated,loved helping with what I could and I would have done more for them if needed ,just love working and helping others.
Pros
Wasn't in one place was getting out and about
Cons
The distance between each service user
Joined ailsa response and was worst thing I have ever done. Tell you they can't guarantee hours but also tell you they are desperate for staff....... no calls regarding hours..... expect you to drop everything at 2 minutes notice...... not paid to do training...... no gloves/aprons for use in clients homes........ wouldn't recommend to a anyone.
Pros
Cons
yea it's a con for sure
I have worked here for a while and its not always been great but some of these reviews are just rubbish. They have probably been written by people who are no longer there because they were not good carers. I have worked with a lot of people who just like to moan and who call in sick for shifts and then put pressure on good carers like myself. I love what i do and yes in the winter months it can be hard but i feel proud of my job. There has been lots of changes at Ailsa Care and all have been good changes. Don't believe all the rubbish reviews and these people dont even work here now so how can they comment
Pros
helping people
Cons
cold weather
I have worked for Ailsa Care for the past 3 years and can honestly say that the company has made huge improvements especially since the summer. I feel some of these other comments are a bit unfair as previous managers who were not always the nicest to staff have now left. The new managers really try to be helpful and you can talk to them and they will try to sort out any issues. I get regular work and a good shift pattern of 4 on 4 off which is great for me. If you work in care you do do long hours maybe these other people haven't been suited to the job.
Pros
Good shift pattern
Cons
Rubbish weather
I work as a carer and have done for over a year. When I joined the management team in place were not the best and the company paid the carers wages through ISS. However the new management team have changed all this and your wages are paid direct to you along with your holiday pay. The new management team care about the service users and their carers. We are consulted and have any issues addressed straight away. All in all the its a great place to work now as they seem to have listened to what the carers and the clients were saying.
Pros
I have a 4 on 4 off rota which gives me a great work life balance.
Cons
I could do with more hours
I have worked for company on and off for 5 years and as much as i believe previous management was not great to work under I now believe the new management things are defiantly changing for the better, Clients meet everyday are amazing and I feel that all support workers are great to work with can always rely on each other with support.
Pros
meeting new clients
Cons
winter months
I have been working with this company for a month doing some shifts when I am not working with my other work. I have really enjoyed it and have met some nice workers who I have been paired with. The pay is good and I like that I can slot it around my other work. I would recommend this company.
Don't work for this company. I worked here for around 2 years both as a carer and supervisor. Was shifted from Pilar to post, no security, no care the the vulnerable people they are supposed to be looking after, poor wages, little or no time off, very little respect for their staff, all very money oriented which is sad for such a large care company as it shows in their day to day running. Rotas are a mess, had council contracts and even when the staff were pushed to their limits they still would not refuse a new service as all they are interested in is the money... Part of this I would blame Renfrewshire council for. If you have any respect for yourself or the vulnerable I would avoid it and never recommend or suggest to someone needing care.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor wages, poor management, clique of office staff, poor attitude, horrific experience
This company is the worst I have ever worked for Management attitude is horrendous no time for Any of the frontline staff They Do not care all the care all they care about is making money The hours were so bad out from 7am sometimes until 2300 no pay between clients we per paid per client which Im sure is illegal Pay rubbish with no benefits to working with them You had no life as you phone would go contasntly couldn't even sit and have dinner or spend time with my family without your phone going There is no job progression I have never felt secure the whole time I was with the company as management constantly changed Your rota constantly changes just before your shift starts I had a just got my new car with 12000 on the clock it's now well over 60000 because they just move you area and some of the areas you can do well over 60miles and that's just from 1500 to 2200 never got a chance of a company car as the older staff treat them as thier own and argue with you when you need it and it's thier off the next day when you do they don't clean them after each use they stink and thier is hardly and fuel in them The pay is done through 3rd party company called ISS as it apparently get tax relief which costs the staff 4% of thier pay every month if you do less than 16hrs per week you get no tax relief and they still take thier 4% technically you are employed by ISS and subcontracted to Ailsa company tax dodge if you ask me I never used to believe what clients said "Ailsa DONT care" and they were right all the care about is filling up thier banks
Pros
Cons
Take your pick
You have no life working for this agency. They split your hours apart and do not get paid travel time between clients e.t.c. Working weekends a given but 7am to 11pm isn't on. There are no salary benefits. Minimum wage. They would send you to the other side of the city for 2 hours work. Not worth the bus fare You have no security as your shifts run week to week. You find out on the Friday your next weeks rota and try to work round them which is impossible. Very unlikely there will be promotion in the agency as it seems management enjoy their cleek. Management were useless. On-call were useless in emergency. Did not feel one bit of recognition or reward when there. I feel sorry to an extent in regards to the clients and support workers. With the correct direction alot more could be achieved. The clients are the only people I miss.
Pros
Cons
everything