Aimbridge Hospitality

Aimbridge Hospitality Employee Reviews

it was really nice meeting some of my now best colleagues at ibis styles Birmingham city center. Overall the hotel was in desperate need of refurbishment .
Pros
flexible hours were offered, overtime was offered, free stay with interstate hotels and staff discounts, up to 50%
Cons
every poor management, no operation system, double duties, discrimination
Upper management don't know what they are doing, new gm's every other week, poor pay, inexperienced receptionists, huge lack of training, outdated systems, they will employ anybody. Make up their own rules without following protocol.
Pros
Cons
As above
Innovative and forward thinking leadership team with a focus on collaboration across all levels. Excellent opportunities for progression and growthFlexible working encouraged within the corporate environment
I have worked for Interstate for two years and feel it is a fantastic place to work. My working day is varied every day and I work with some brilliant people in a lovely environment.They are very supportive in terms of progression and learning and invest a lot in the team.I look forward to a long and successful career with Interstate.
Pros
Work life balance, varied work locations, progression
Cons
Hospitality is a face paced industry with ever changing demands which I feel Interstate are so well equipped to deal with. The company has a team of experts who are passionate about creating great hotels! There is strong team work and support both from a corporate and hotel level and always the opportunity to learn something new! Interstate strive to do what is right for our people and business, with a strong focus on both. In my role I am lucky enough to visit our hotels and the highlight for me is meeting the hotels teams, impacting their development and helping to shape their passion for hospitality.
Pros
Staff rates at lovely hotels, great colleagues, hotel team interactions, support & guidance
Cons
Very busy work life, but that is hotels and the pros far out-weigh the cons
Best hotel management company I have worked for in my 25 year career. Very supportive with an emphasis on personal development and career advancement. Great training programmes available for all levels of the team from Food and Beverage Associates right through to General Managers. Interstate are great communicators and have the ability to make you feel valued and part of the bigger picture. They lead the industry in terms of new ideas and initiatives. It's fast paced but that keeps motivation and engagement levels high. Very proud to work for this company.
Pros
Great culture
Race discrimination favourism and the manager if they don't like you no matter how good in your job will find you excuses to get rid off you because your not close freind to them . They used me for 8months and corona then terminate my contract as excuse to argue with one of my collegue and they side with each ather if you are freind with them fine if not you won't last
Pros
Normal wage
Cons
Managers and some of stuff racist
• met great people • really enjoyed running functions • staff food was disappointing most of staff did not even eat during the shifts. • agreed on interview for 2 weeks in advance rota it only happened 2/3times. Then I was getting my days off changed. • Management Not supporting or interested in staff. •40h contract but 50/55h is a must! •3 members of staff leaving while another 30% constantly saying the want to leave company.
I worked at holiday inn near airport my experience first 2 month, all good everyone friendly but after that everyone started to show their real faces. Specially management from General manger to Ops mangers specially. Duty Mangers and staff were amazing but the general manager and ops manger were the worst of the worst. once you get to their bad side you are gonna lose your job no matter what you do. Also warning for customers the place is disgusting. Would not ever drink any kind of drink coming from draught or even get ice, because ice blocks do have black spots in them and probably never cleaned. same with beer. General manager has no idea how to run the place and really hard to get any holidays. The ops manager wont give holidays for university exams or to even celebrate your own birthday but when it comes to them they are running for holidays and running for a smoke break. the general manager and the ops manager do not care for the staff nor the customers.
Over worked under paid and not treated respectfully from management. Everyone is stressed out all the time and hr dont seem to take complaints seriously It's a very poor work culture
Inappropriate management with no loyalty to their good staff just inappropriate behaviour with their friends that work there. Too Weird. I had to go..
If you like to be bullied, enjoy working in a dirty workplace, relish bad management and participate in low staff moral, then working at Holiday Inn is just perfect.
Lovely staff, lovely hotel, disgusting management and treatment... have no idea what they’re doing or how to run a hotel, and very little respect for staff
The job of a porter in these hotels are just shocking, with such lack of respect for night porters along with complete disregard to thier safety all together. I regret working for this company as the management are bullies and show no respect for their staff. All just for show.
Quite a nasty place to work unless you are part of the "clique" expect to be bullied and harassed by incompetent members of staff. Deffo a place if your face dont fit you wont fit! dont bother!
Run by bullies, what a joke . Over worked and under paid, no over time paid, always working 90+ per week , high turn over of staff . Aggressive managers
Pros
Cons
Overworked no overtime 90+ hours a week
When I came into the job I had applied for 2 people in an office of 4 were just leaving after handing their notice in. Within a month a 3rd member also handed her notice in due to an unbearable work load with no help from the new manager who was never anywhere to be seen, we didn't know where he was from one minute to the next. Her work load often meant she would stay at least a couple of hours late a few nights a week, unpaid to catch up, she was worried if she didn’t get everything done she would be in trouble as she had been in the past. My experience basically consisted of a glowing 2 month review and then without a single shred of warning, 3 weeks later I was taken for my final review and told I was being let go. I was in complete shock as no issues had been raised with me. The supposed issues weren’t even discussed with me on the day I was let go, I was just escorted out of the building like a criminal. I later received my dismissal in writing, the reasons for dismissal had either been completely taken out of context, made out to be much worse than they were or were complete lies. I scheduled a meeting with the general manager to try and appeal the decision, I couldn’t believe no protocol had been followed. The general manager seemed to have no idea what was going on despite the fact the decision to let me go would have gone through him. I asked direct questions that received bumbling answers where he basically went round the houses and wouldn’t answer my questions. Eventually we called it a day as I could see I was getting nowhere. I have my own suspicions as to why - more...
Pros
None.
Cons
Culture of working through lunch, poor management
housekeeping management a joke, fast staff turnover no-one stay because of management taken over by hotel care so things will get worse AVOID AVOID
Cons
nothing good about the place, meals on duty are resturant leftovers
Expected to work long hours without getting paid. Lack of training . Manager unprofessional, backstabbing as well as the HR staff who should support you but they don’t. Manager clueless about the job and patronising, unprofessional and bully and does not let you use employee benefits . Always books first holidays so staff can’t take time off. The worst ever place I ever worked , It’s a shame that the hotel is so nice and management so horrible.
Pros
Cons
Too many
I worked as kp kitchen porter the job was good but I left after 2 weeks due to the staff being lazy always on there phones and the management not noing what a management job is walk about doing nothing harassment came to my attention but good hotel just not a place of work nooooo
Pros
Free water
Cons
Not noing what there jobs are
Rota always late, never knew what you was working till last minute Rota changed without asking you first. Poor organisation , which lead to utter chaos Very poor upper management . Upper managerment rude and disrespectfull to staff members. Lack of praise from management,when worked hard. Lack of staff members to cover work. No benefits
Pros
Nice building