Air Products

Air Products Employee Reviews

Was excellent but no more

As a shift supervisor for over 25 years I felt I would be an AP member until retirement,but I did not envisage the restructuring/ cost cutting. We were served redundancy notice very poorly, I found out from a fellow worker about it as I started the night shift. The process dragged on for 18 months, the new positions were advertised to try and force us in to applying for the new day roles which included a 24 hour call out system.The area manager was late for the consultation meeting,the closing date for the new role`s were the same date we finally meet with HR. Glad to be away from what was an excellent job but became a total nightmare.

Pros

good wage

Cons

poor management

Great

Good company all round, would always highly recommend them to potential customers and employees. Promote a happy work place and I've never worked anywhere that had a family feel between staff when they are a huge company.

Not a nice place to work

I worked 10 years at cryoservce now air products not a very nice place to work people stab you in the back managers are no good .dont work here no good

Pros

Money

Driver

Give you plenty of rules to abide by and this is OK until you say no to doing extra shifts or change in routine and then they change the rules to suit their reason to trap you into a reason to get rid! Very poor local and regional management who have no idea how to do your job and worse still their own! Change the management attitude to drivers and job would be sound! But that will never happen!

Pros

Clean work

Cons

Shift patterns are garbage and dangerous, short turn around from nights to day!

Terrible

Badly run company , with bad working conditions pigeons in warehouse, holes on warehouse floor. Very dangerous an unsafe would not reccomend this job

Pros

Cons

Bad working conditions

Fun workplace

Nice place to work and progress with your career. Well structured and plenty of work and tasks that will keep you challenged and busy. Good company to work for!

very stressful

good company to work for although communication could have been better from upper mangement good team enviroment and potential for personal growth was possible but very busy

Pros

good enviroment

Cons

very stressful

Shocking attitude from management

Management see time served with the company as some form of rank. Very clicky culture. Everyone from supervisor up seems to think they are the font of all knowledge. No support from management at all. No communication with the teams that actually work filling and delivering. HSE is a complete waste of time as their team of two are far too busy to be proactive and are reactive only.

Great potential ended badly

Only worked for airproducts for 3 years,based at AP teesvalley gasification plant,new build job for life but global management pulled the plug making everyone redundant,sold to all as excellent job oppurtunity many of us leaving good jobs only to be out on the street a few years later,many lads/still out of work years later brilliant working environment very family orientated/social company,would of been a job for life but global management team pulled the plug onsite

Enjoyed working as a team

My day consisted of organizing daily filling plan and working with the hmi software any plant shut downs and maintenance that occurred throughout the day. Really enjoyed working for Air products

Jobs at Air Products

See more jobs

a great place to learn if you want the opportunity to try different positions and gain new skills

No day was boring or the same as the last. Was able to grow as a person and contribute a lot over my time there. If there was a criticism then it would be that in recent years an environment of dog eat dog was creeping in as jobs moved out of the UK. Would I return given the opportunity - YES.

Pros

Overall fair management, Opportunities, Good Colleagues

Cons

Lees reliance on Years of experience as in the field we were not 100% ready for Automation

Good work colleagues Very Bad mangement

Great bunch of people to work with but management are a waste of space .They preach about health and safety but do nothing about it especially Area supervisors .The Vans they give you are barely road legal always promise things but never deliver on them .long hours and not much money especially agency staff

High quality standards, active management, friendly atmosphere

Physically and psychologically demanding job, therefore not for the faint hearted. On-site communication is excellent, security measures are always taken very seriously and the colleagues are just top-notch. 10/10

great culture

great job, great place to work. great people. I loved working for them and with them. highly recommended as an employer and as a company in general. would work there again

Great work life balance

Nice people, safety first. Bonuses for all depending on company / department performance. Private health above certain pay grade or length or service

Challenging and rewarding

Had an induction,waited a while for isolations of Plant then got down to work after being instructed what to do in the morning brief.The client was very professional in his work an emphasised that Safety was the key to any work carried out by us.We were opening up man access doors into vessels for the Insurance Inspector and replacing them with new gaskets,also changing valves for new,also assisted in replacing tube nests in a couple of Coolers.We actually stayed over time so the Client could get the Plant ready for the next day,enjoyed the work which was finished to schedule.

Great company

Extensive career opportunities and experience. Large multinational with operations throughout the world. Open communication culture. Good progression.

Generally a good place to work

Reasonable remuneration. Could be very busy at times requiring overtime depending project load. Coming from a small company the hardest part of the job was becoming familiar with the document handling and SAP systems. A case of learning on the job with minimal formal training given.

Open, collaborative, but always challenging

Always a raft of differing work available that challenges the knowledge of the employees. A good knowledge of cryogenic processes and mechanical design was required.

Good money poorly run

Good for the money but the management feed you bunch of lies a lot of back stabbing goes on and if you want weekends off forget it you get stuck on a weekend shift. You did earn top money for it but it will cost you your marriage ( more than likely)

hard work

hard working coolabrative work place short of staff good teams not enough communication between departments a lot of silo thinking to many systems for effective work

Pros

enjoyabl

Cons

short staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Products. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement