Airbus Group

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Productive, good team work, professional

Even I work on a contract basis, there is good camaraderie and colleagues are helpful. I do not get all the benefits as perment staff, and there is less job security.

Pros

Team support

Cons

Lack of security due being employed on a contract basis.

Productive and fun!

GreAt place great people, fast pace good starting salary, management not to harsh. Great progression to more higher pod job, gym at the entrance, good holidays

Pros

Mates, time off, advances to develop

Toxic environment

Please avoid apprenticeship scheme if you value your mental health and value your worth.Your voice will not be heard, and when asking for help you will be made to feel small and worthless and will not receive adequate support during the scheme.

Not the best place to work .

I worked as a industrial cleaner for a company called c.b.r.e at British aerospace. I would not recommend working for this company as the management have no communication skills . You get treated and looked on as you are nothing more than lackeys . The actual company are so scared they dont dare defend their workers due to fear of losing the contract . So its a case of jump and how high .

Pros

Cons

None .

World-class product, world-class engineers, poor pay

I was an intern in a chief engineering department. This gave me amazing exposure to projects and customers all over the world. It was difficult to gain any meaningful responsibility but I felt that I was able to make some pretty cool contributions for an intern.Management and technical leadership is top-notch. There's a lot of bureaucracy but that's to be expected at a major aerospace company.

Very supportive team

All staff I found were very approachable and supportive. Worked as a team. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Excellent facilities and all very clean

Great Employer

Great place to work, good salary and excellent prospect for development. Training is encouraged and in some cases mandatory. Canteen food is very good.

Pros

Free parking

Political, poor management great front line

Challenging place to work (Broughton), can be very cliquey. Elements of bullying from Management. Broughton site feels like a different company from all the rest of the Airbus Group. Work is interesting and challenging.

Pros

Overseas travel. Challenging

Cons

Bullying from inept management. Cliquey.

Brow beaten, rule with an iron fist.

They're supposed to conform to caa standards. They don't care. I'd love to walk around Broughton and bring it down on there heads. Money talks. The amount of non conformance rules I used to witness every shift was a joke. I was left to run a team of lads, who through no fault of their own (agency workers) had no training but were put on the job and the likes of me was expected to still complete an Airbus work package and train the lads. It was a disgrace, and to be fair a highly stressful environment. The only time I enjoyed at Airbus in fifteen years was when I wasn't in Broughton. At the detriment to my relationship with my partner and daughter I couldn't wait to go on working parties.

Pros

Cons

Brow beaten for the sake of production figures

Supportive and interesting workplace

Airbus Helicopters is a great company to work for, they look after their staff and everyone is very friendly and helpful. A supportive work environment, where we all work as a team.

Pros

Two bonuses per year

Cons

Can be stressful at times

Dreadful bullying culture, union and management are one and the same

The worst company I have ever worked for. Management are inept and frequently cause stress and problems which their in house wellbeing dept cover up . Pay was good but is now dropping. Avoid.

Pros

Local. Free car park

Cons

Work packages, management nepotism and bullying.

Professional and friendly workplace culture. Supportive and allow you to develope your skill

Every day was different. Challenging on occassion but you were never left without support. Allow you to work with cross funtional teams which further broadens your experience.

Pros

Friendly & experienced people always willing to help and support you. Interesting environment.

Cons

So many meetings that only a small windows available to complete work.

Unchallanging and antiquated practices

In the middle ages with chip verification.The project I was brought in for didn't get off the ground for 3 months.. Just waiting around getting all the security clearances.. Then put on another project which was antique practices.

Decent Job with some great work mates

We did a great job producing wings at a steadily increasing rate despite the management trying their best to trip us up, mostly a good job occasionally spoilt but we tried not to let that get us down.

Pros

Work hours, overtime, great lads

Cons

Over Officious management

It's a good place to work. It has its own cultures wIthin. The Pay was OK which made everything feel OK. If your a hard worker everyones happy. Good training.

Pros

Pays ok, good environment, plenty of cakes to eat

Cons

Not many

Excellent place to work with a great team of colleagues

I had 8 fantastic years at Airbus Broughton which sadly ended due to a drop in production rates caused by the pandemic. Hopefully rates will return to pre-pandemic levels in the future.

Pros

Tremendous support from all colleagues

Cons

Job security always a worry due to having a flex contract

Shocking

Can't believe they put these aircrafts in the sky. Ridiculous, shocking management, no respect for tooling or equipment. It's absolutely scandalous what they do inside the place

Pros

Cons

Millions

Number not a name

Outdated culture, many overpaid due to time spent rather than being an asset. Temp workers treated unfairly due to many having no rights despite committing to 10yrs + in the hope that they would be recognised as key workers. Face fits culture still evident and would rather tick boxes than invest in the correct people. If you make core sit back put your feet under the table and enjoy the over pay.

Pros

Core = job for life

Cons

Temp workers still temp up to 10yrs

Contractor

I worked for approx 15 years as a contractor in A340,A380,A350,LRB,and A330 in Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering at Broughton. Work was varied and interesting,core staff extremely friendly.

Pros

Good pay and work conditions.

zara

worked on many projects great team great benefits great flexible working training not a lot of progression good experience social side good management

Engauging and challenging, working on Aircraft is always interesting.

Having worked for Airbus at Chadderton and Chester (and on contract in France/ Germany), the benefits and oppotunities that are available are second to none. Would advise anyone to join Airbus as a career.

Pros

The oppotunites within the company to advance yourself

Cons

Parking!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airbus Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Airbus Group with

• Airbus Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?