Aker Solutions

Aker Solutions Employee Reviews

Fantastic work/life balance culture. Supportive management where your opinion matters. Good career development. Good salary rates Nice office environment. -----------------------
Pros
Great gym facilities.
Cons
Tight reporting deadlines.
It's a good place to work and well payed but soon one will realise that employees are nothing but a number... easily disposable and with little to no consideration. Profits and investors will always be the priority. Quality dropped over the years, quality control is down the drain and honestly i'm happy i got out. majority of work colleagues are not friendly and management doesn't seem too worried about backstabbing and unhealthy competition.
Pros
salary
Cons
communications, honesty, openness and team work
I have never felt more insecure and unsupported in my life as a professional engineer. I was made to feel inadequate on a number of occasions through no fault of my own and was regularly used a a fireshield for other departments failures.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Poor management
Very difficult project to work on as there was no direction from management or support from the Project Controls Department. Document control systems were confusing as management kept changing systems
Pros
Chiswick Business Park great place to work
Cons
Constant Management and reorganisations, each one worse than last. Chums ethos, jobs for the boys. No direct line management, don’t interact or speak to you but yet they decide your competence at appraisals??
Pros
Flexi
Cons
It was so awful....nothing to say...sheet place to work for I would not recommend it to anybody... Toxic workplace was filled with managers who are selfish, judgmental, and manipulative If going to work makes you feel stressed or depressed—especially to the point of having suicidal thoughts—and/or you experience loss of focus, then you’re likely working in a bad environment.
I really enjoyed working here but very stressful especially with staff and management I worked with compass catering for 16 years and loved it Organising daily orders for each client that required hospitality
Aker is a good company to work for. My management team is excellent and always kept in the loop of what is happening. Great building and facilities on site also
Typical offshore hook up work. I was employed employed by Aker between the stated dates and had no issues with the company whatsoever. After leaving due to redundancy I was offered further employment.
Great working environment with good ergonomic desk. Worked with nice people and enjoyed every bit of my time. Nice building in good location with easy access to WPR.
A very Poor man management system with a system of nepotism and favouritism taking a priority over qualifications abilities and experience, relying on Staff employees to cover vacancies for which they have no prior experience or Knowledge.
Exciting company to work for. Many opportunities to gain knowledge from subject matter experts. Opportunities to work on projects that push the boundaries.
In the shetlands it is a click system, they dont make you feel like a part of a team in any way and if you only give me 150 characters how can i tell you more.
Poor training, no help from co-workers. Bad atmosphere. People with no experience or education were employed if they knew someone working there, because of this employees with knowledge of computers etc. had to show them how to do basic tasks on a computer.
I have worked with Aker solutions for over 8 years progressing from plater to general foreman laterally. I find the position of supervisor very rewarding and enjoy organising work scopes.
Management of facilities and the operations Department of facilities is very poor not given what your worth , you can you Give everything and work over and beyond but no gratitude for your hard work 😓 is very sad . This company has lost a lot of good hard working people and it ashame that the management is to blame !!!
Great careing company to work for plenty training advancement great friendly supervisors , payed on time every week great safety culture ,open to ideas and concerns on family life
working at Aker was great to start with however after the downturn of oil the company seems to be sinking further and further with no means of progress
There are plenty of knowledgeable people willing to share skills and information. Management are terrible and are trying to close the high skilled manufacturing sites down in favour of low cost centres with cheap labour. No real career progression, I would no longer recommend this company to anyone.
Working here is somewhat good. Management are ok generally . The pay is average. Job security is average. I do not feel that secure. The Rota is below average. 3-3 3-4. The 4 weeks off is good but the 3 away is horrible. Its to much and it doesnt just affect the employee. It affects my kids, the wife and has quite a detromental affect on my family life. In a nut shell i dispise this rota and will be lioking for a 2-3 asap
Typical day is having to hunt down information that should be available in the systems. Learned a lot about quality and Lean. Management changes far too often. Culture is difficult to change.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Morale of workforce is low
  1. Employee reviews