Alderwood LLA

Alderwood LLA Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working environment

Love it here, friendly, kind a good workBalance, staff are very supportive, it’s like having a whole other family, the management is extremely hard working, and always there for the staff team and of course the residents, they get to go out on day trips.

Pros

Extremely lovely residents, and staff are so supportive

Cons

Can be challenging, but very rare

Relaxed & Rewarding

I started working for Alderwood Nov 20 & have enjoyed & continue to enjoy my work. If you show eagerness to want to advance, you can do so. The job can be stressful but it’s how you as a person deal with it along with the support of management & your team around you. Very competitive salary with the option of overtime as & when available. The interview process is quite relaxed & quick from start to finish with the head office staff in contact contact with start dates & what documentation is required.

Pros

Overtime. Competitive rates of pay. Potential to move up within the company.

Cons

Can be long hours.

Horrendous experience

Training is horrendous and none of my concerns were listened to and simply dismissed for "not being here long enough".The amount of paperwork is unbelievable, especially from a company with the cqc ratings that they have, it begs beliefupper management are arrogant and, frankly, unprofessional and unsupportive.

Pros

learnt how a care company should not be ran

Cons

put me off social care for good

It is all a facade

the reputation is the complete opposite to what its like within the homes no respect for new staff and youre not listened to because "youve not been here long enough" or "youve not worked in an alderwood home before"they cant keep hold of any staff and its a revolving doorlack of recognition and management that do not know how to manage has created a toxic if your face fits cultureavoid!!!! dont touch this place with a barge pole

Pros

the people we support

Cons

no breaks, no respect, not listened to

Worst place to work

The way they treat their staff is disgusting they don’t care about how they treat you, they think it’s easy work when half of the management staff couldn’t even work the service users, you get hurt at work and they don’t pay you sick pay, they are not one bit grateful of how hard you work unless you have that certain face to fit in then you just ignored. Very rare the service users go and do fun things, they say at your interview all the good stuff you do but soon as you start the only things you ever do is go for walks no wonder the service users get bored

Cons

No appreciation, do not get breaks, not allowed a meal that isn’t brought in from home

28 April 2021
Thank you very much for your time to leave a review. I'm sorry to read that you had a bad experience, however, feedback such as this isn't helpful as we have no idea which home(s) you worked at and have no other information to look into the issues you have raised.If you do wish to provide constructive feedback, you can do so in confidence by emailing me; dwright@alderwoodlla.co.uk

Rewarding Job

Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to be transferred to another unit, however during my time at the Chestnuts it was a rewarding experience, welcoming and helpful management and friendly staff. Supportive training process throughout.

28 April 2021
Hey! Thank you for the positive review. It's great that you had a positive experience and felt supported and welcomed by the team, despite the circumstances that lead you to a transfer. I hope you continue to have the same experience in your new team. Thank you for your hard work.

Can be hard work, but you get a lot out of it

Staff are very welcoming and respectful, patient during training and willing to help you, the job can be very challenging at times but also very rewarding

Pros

Good trips out and we'll looked after

Cons

Can be long hours and potential injuries from clients

23 February 2021
Thank you for your time to leave a review. I'm glad to read that you've been made welcome to the team and are benefiting from our supportive culture.Working with challenging behaviour can be very difficult and we have lots of processes in place to support you through these, please don't forget to speak to your manager if you ever have concerns about how many hours you're working and the impact challenging behaviour can have. Thank you for your hard work and I hope your success continues.

Every day is different

All you keep in mind is that every day is different. As you know working in care is very rewarding and not for everyone Working with Autism is challenging, fun but challenging. I learnt how to use visuals correctly and the induction of teaach. I enjoy working for Alderwoods, the staff are great and friendly and the management will help with any kind of issues. Would highly recommend.

Pros

Short or long hours. Every other weekend off. Salary good for care work.

Cons

Challenging. No local shop, so your lunch has to be bought in. No break, take a break when you can

23 December 2020
Thank you for the kind words and thank you for the recommendation. I've passed on your feedback to the manager and highlighted what you stated as cons and hope this is an area we can improve on together.Thank you for your hard work and I hope your success continues!

Teamwork

In Alderwood all the staff are available to help The level of teamwork is top notch and there's a mentor for every new staff to coach you. Management is alway able and ready to help.

Pros

Teamwork

25 November 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback. We're proud of our teamwork and realise how important it is to have a supportive team behind you. Thank you for your hard work and I hope your success continues at Alderwood.

Cransley life

I have been working at Alderwood Cransley since just before the last lock down. It has been an amazing experience and I have gained so much knowledge and understanding around our service users. Everyone from the management team is super supportive and always eager for you to want to learn and develop your skills. The team are amazing and I must give a shout out to Sue who is the Cransley diamond, full of knowledge and support to us all. I love working here and want to expand my skills to develop within this amazing company. Thank you for this opportunity, I feel like I have found my second family.

Pros

Amazing supportive team

6 November 2020
Wow! Thank you for much for the kind words. The management team at Cransley and the team at Head Office are already aware of your kind words and positivity. We're all so glad that you're enjoying your time with the team at Cransley. Welcome to the Alderwood family and we hope your success continues! Thank you for all your hard work.

I am proud to work for Alderwood.

I am very proud to Work for this alderwood. we work as a team. Friendly and respectful towards eachother.I look forward to going to work because I know I am working alongside good team.

Pros

We all work together to achieve a goal, that is putting the individual's first.

Cons

Every day is the same, some days are good and some days are not so good.

28 October 2020
Thank you for your time and for leaving a positive review. You work with a great team at Dybdale and it's great to read that you currently enjoy your work. I will pass on your review and kind words to the manager. Thank you for your hard work and for being a valued colleague.

Busy yet satisfying

I have been working with Alderwood LLA Ltd for 7 months now and I couldn't be happier with it.The interview was relaxed and calm and everyone in HR are very friendly. I felt at ease straight away. The training you receive at the beginning is brilliant. It's knowledgable and you come away from it with a good understanding of what your job entails. The work itself is challenging. However rewarding in every way possible. I work with some amazing service users. The work place is a team oriented environment and everybody is friendly.I'm seven months in and I have opportunities ahead of me like Nvq's and the leaders programme to help me progress up the company. If you honestly want to challenge yourself and have a caring heart then I would recommend the company.

Supportive and positive environment

I enjoyed my short time working at the Cransley home. It was a pleasure to get to know the 6 young adults and to try to help them through a day. The staff and management were so positive and helpful, always ready to offer advice or assistance if it was needed. It was really uplifting to see so many people approaching their work with a passion and commitment. I was very sad to have to leave so quickly due to an ongoing health issue that made it pretty impossible to risk continuing. I wish everyone there all the best of luck in the future.

Pros

Staff and management are excellent

Cons

Obviously, this whole sector deserves a higher pay grade.

7 September 2020
Thank you very much for the positive review. I've passed on your feedback to the team, I think it is important to recognise our colleagues commitment and passion and its great you benefitted from it. We're sad to see you go but completely understand why. Thank you for your hard work whilst with us and we also wish you the best for the future.

Well managed and very well set up company.

I have found the company to be very welcoming and a very nice place to work. All the support that is needed is given and if you do have any concerns they are addressed ASAP.

17 August 2020
Thank you for your time to leave a review and for the postivie feedback. We are continuously monitoring our support network, so we're glad to read that your concerns are addressed so quickly. Thank you for the great work you do for the people we support.

fantastic place to work

A very rewarding career and a place to learn and be able to develop on your own attributes you can give to the organisation. I have been working alongside some amazing service users which has given me a massive satisfaction in the role I perform. The Management is massively supportive of the team at the home, taking suggestions of the staff to enable us to better our performance and the lives of the clients.

Pros

Training development and career progression

5 August 2020
Apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for your time for leaving another positive review for Irchester 2. I have already shared your feedback to the team, it is greatly appreciated. It's always reassuring to read that our great colleagues, such as yourself, really enjoy working with the great people we support and that you benefit from the support network we put in place. Thank you for the great work you do.

Great training and team work when bringing new activities to the clients

I have worked for Alderwood for almost 6 years . I have had the encouragement and the training to succeed with 2 promotions. When needed I was able to adjust my contract for an agreed time and since then have returned to my original hours. The training is first class and always on time, the team I work with range from all ages and cultures which brings something different to the team everyday. Our clients are supported everyday with great activities and to develop new targets to encourage their independence. There are great ways to support our clients all designed from our resources team and management through behaviour meetings . The structure of our company is truly amazing . Here’s to another 6 years !

Pros

Great training for a meaningful position

5 August 2020
Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you for your time to leave a positive review. I am so glad to read that you have benefited from our internal progression approach. We believe being flexible with our colleagues is really important to promote a healthy work-life balance, which in turn helps our colleagues be at the top of their game for the people we support. Great feedback and it is greatly appreciate. I have already passed it onto the manager. To another 6 years and more!

Life at Alderwood Cransley

I was lucky enough to get this job, initially on a temporary basis, on a three month contract during the coronavirus. I enjoyed the challenge so much that I soon requested to be moved onto a permanent contract rather than going back to my previous job when the crisis ends. From the moment I joined I felt immediately welcomed by the team who work there. I have been supported at every moment in an environment that has challenged me into a whole different comfort zone! Moments can be challenging and to be effective you have to be able to think on your feet and be willing to keep going. It is undoubtedly the most rewarding environment I have worked in though and the challenging times make the rewarding moments all the more special. There is always help and advice from the team and sharing success and all the rewarding times with the whole team is something really very special. To be a small part of a company that puts the care of its residents and the team that cares for them at the centre of everything it does is something special and you are really made to feel like you make a real difference.

21 May 2020
Wow, thank you very much for the great review. I will certainly pass on your feedback to the management team. Thank you for endorsing Alderwood LLA and I'm glad that you chose to stay with us during these difficult times.

Alderwood LLA - Cransley

Wow - This is care! The management is enthusiastic, kind and supportive, with a great vision and drive for her team and residents to keep on achieving. The staff have all been welcoming, like all places you can get the odd staff member that isnt there for the love of the job but 95% of the staff are amazing! The role is challenging but I am confident in the support that I get. The company offer extensive training and real job prospects. I have never experienced such emphasise on person centred care and the resident is always first. I have loved every minute and would recommend working with Alderwood if you want to be valued and supported.

21 May 2020
Thank you so much for the review. Your kind words have been passed onto the management team to celebrate your success with them. Thank you for your endorsement and I hope your success continues.

Work

Good place to work you feel valued and given opportunities to progress your learning and career management are approachable and have excellent benefits. No day is the same. They listen to your ideas and take them on board

4 May 2020
Thank you very much for your time words and the positive feedback of your time at Cransley. I've passed on your kind words to the manager and team. We take the learning and development of our colleagues seriously, for the benefit of yourselves and the people we support! Please carry on contributing and sharing your ideas and I hope you continue to find success with us. Thank you for your hard work.

Very good in giving adequate training to help improve your skills and knowledge.

Alderwood have a very good development programme for the staff. Adequate and comprehensive training given to staff with good mentoring programme. Staff work as a team and there is opportunity to grow in the job. Generally the job culture helps to improve your skills and knowledge.

Pros

Adequate training and paid for.

10 March 2020
Thank you for your time for leaving a review and for your kind words. Alderwood takes pride in their mentorship and training programmes and it is great to see that you're benefiting from our culture of continuous learning and development. Thank you for your hard work.

Supportive company with real prospects for advancement

Working at Alderwood I found HR and Training in particular are a useful resources and have been very helpful and friendly. All staff including senior staff members are approachable and supportive. Unfortunately my time at Alderwood was cut short due to unforeseen circumstances. But I would have foreseen a long and happy future with them with good prospects for advancement.

23 December 2019
Thank you very much for the kind words. Sorry to read that your time with us was cut short, however if your circumstances change please do get back in touch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alderwood LLA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1Job security/advancement