ALDI

ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 1,821 reviews matching the search
Good job. I enjoy to work here, but I feel like I need a change. Fed up of the job. Good staf transport apart from section leaders. I feel victimized, maybe is just me, but that is my opinion.
Pros
Free coffee and fruits
Cons
3 runs
Really enjoy working at Aldi, learnt many life skills with working within Aldi. Good work and home life balance. Its a very fast pace company to work for with minimum staff.
Pros
Paid breaks and Holidays
Cons
N/a
Terrible. Believe me when I say you are better than this place. 900 items an hour, no time to go to toilet. Food not returned to freezers in timely manner. They are incompetent and have a huge turn over. The food itself is the lowest quality I have seen. Glad I had the experience as I have learnt never to go back there....not even for the food. I could say so much more but to protect myself from any comeback, I will just say, go work for a company that cares about your healthy and safety.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, terrible cleaning standards, risky food storage standards
Only work at Aldi if you are extremely desperate. To say the recruitment process is mentally draining, the job itself is very bobbins. You are expected to clear pallets in around 2 minutes and everyone is running around exhausted. I knew it was a bit of a joke of a job when I took it (none prestigous) but didn't think it would be that bad.
Pros
None really
Cons
Most things about it
The warehouse would be ran better with a pterodactyl in charge. Management couldn’t care less about your well-being, health etc. Only care about the items getting placed onto a smelly pallet. Deputy’s as useful as a chocolate pan. Could be 50 year old and get treat like a baby. Would be better doing a few year behind bars than a few year in this place.
Cons
No one bothers with you no training you learn yourself no training plan no communication between management and staff not welcoming at all , on my interview AM told me that his not was running out today and walked out I applied for deputy manager job and got accepted SM come and asked me to step down to floor assistant because they thought I wasn’t capable and after that they never bothered showing anything people worked there they use to asked to go home when I start my shift and I’ve been left all alone to stocking shelf’s that place it’s a joke no wonder even their area manager left job without a notice
Awful company to work for. Yes you can argue the pay is good but it's definitely not worth the stress. You expected to work at 100mph and do everything quicker than flash. Management are poor and swear at there staff. Absolutely awful.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Long hours, poor management and time expectancy
Either grafting to impossible targets on shop floor or stuck on a till & ordered not to move. KPI's not been reviewed in over a decade, management still adhere to out dated KPI's. Area management also HR & very poor communication in this area. Very little support if have personal issues, prevented from joining a union. Pay was good, other supermarkets now catching up, but very little support. You are a body, not a person.
Pros
Cons
Micro management. Too many unachievable KPI's
Stocking shelves isn't the problem but having 15mins to put out a whole pallet is rediculous. 4.5 secs to put cases on shelves that also includes removing the old ones to out the new stock at the back, the job was okay but very stressful seeing people with red faces and sweating, didn't like it at all, good team tho but as for the job defo no and wouldlnt recommended it to anyone!
Pros
Pay, friendly
Cons
Not enough time to out out stock everythings a race
As a Store Assistant for Aldi, I was the most happy I’ve ever been in the job. I felt appreciated, accomplished and supported with my flexibility requirement surrounding university and commitments. I absolutely LOVED it at Aldi Woodgate Leicester and couldn’t recommend it enough.
I think that ALDI is a very productive workplaces that has a very good salary.ALDI has a very friendly atmosphere and that hours give a good work life balance.
Don't ever attempt to work in the aldi in Dagenham, the shop manager is an absolute 🛎end.Told me I had to be better with timekeeping despite never being late once.
Pros
Cons
The company
Good variety of tasks and responsibilities shared through put the team, with some tasks rotated month on month.The office staff are well presented, considerate of others and knowledgeable in their fields. The reporting structure is very flat with administrators reporting directly to regional directors, so there is no room for progression, but the pay structure acknowledges this.Quite a social office but with some tendencies to cliques.Training tends to be in house and on the job, although major software changes are now being treated more formally.Overall, the office is busy but management generally expect little or no need for overtime during normal circumstances. Part time roles offered to existing employees after maternity absence.
Pros
good pay, pension, private health care, free fruit, health checks
Cons
no progression
I generally enjoyed working there, it is a small team and they work well together. and it can be quit busy.I worked on the tills, but was shown what to do on the shop floor and out the back, rotating, tiding up, card boarding, getting rid of damaged stock etcSadly I was admitted to hospital as an urgent case, and as I was on trial I offered to refuse to be treated rather than lose my job.I lost it the day before my surgery.I went in the following week to ask if they had a register of people they could call on, but I was told in no uncertain circumstances NO.Apparently I had made 1000 mistakes on the checkouts in my time there.I know I double scanned and yes I made errors that management had to correct.BUT I worked on the tills every time I went to work. Surely if I was that bad I should have been put on the shop floor to work or at least informed of the errors.I enjoyed my time there, and I had brilliant feedback from customers.I learnt a few things whilst I was there
Pros
store was on my door step. most staff really nice and worked very hard
Cons
needed a few more hours on my contract...20 would have been sufficient
They don't care if you open up about your life crumbling and how difficult it has become to work, they only care about their store and their income even if your open with them
The only motivator for working here was the money. For almost 10 pound an hour any 17 year old would take this job, on a 10 hour a week contract whilst doing A-levels, this was convenient. What they don't tell you in the interview is that they will expect you to do twice the amount of hours your contract is signed for. Management is shambles, my second day I got called in after having 15 minutes training on a till to tell me I was doing my job wrong, in a very hateful way may I add, effecting my emotions for the rest of the shift. I might also add that I was given no specific reason as to why I was doing my job wrong, just that for my second day its "not what they expect". Overall, I never felt welcome in there "big happy family" and in fact there is more to what meets the eye. Lots of favouritism between managers and employees.
Pros
Money
Cons
If you want to lose weight and get some muscles and good money this is highly recommended. Excellent pay after 12 weeks on agency. Busy place to work but I loved my time there. I lost loads of weight got ripped while getting great wages :D. Great management team too. I really miss this place. Highly recommend.
Pros
Weight loss and wages are fab after first 12 weeks
Cons
I got painful elbows after a year from heavy lifting
Good place to work if you have alot of time on your hands hard to progress here sort of if your face fits. Overall however it is a place that offers lots of incentives and bonuses to its staff and It is a place to work where you can feel proud.
Pros
Pay, fun place to work
Cons
Lack of progression
Disgusting company, revenue, and performance hungry management, you work there like a slave! 0 Pick...which means you don't go home until you pick up all the products from the ground, then you pick up about 300 pallets from the ground! But that wouldn’t be such a problem if they weren’t pushing so much(under pressure) ect..
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
A lot
Fast paced, expected to add on more responsibilities. You would be pushed to complete work within the timelines. If your quick and would like to work at a rapid pace, then it is Aldi.
Pros
Engaged in Work
Cons
If your working in zero hours contract, you may not earn an decent pay as they will push other colleagues who are favourable to them, but they will call you to check if you can cover up for some other team members, few leaders are bossy
Aldi is a great company and they look after their staff where possible. It can be tough going at first but once you get into the swing it is a pretty fun place to work. The only real down fall is the short contracts and the lack of hours available some staff put on to as little as 15 hrs a week, spread over multiple shifts ranging anywhere from 5am to 10pm with only one weeks notice.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks and good hourly pay.
Cons
Awkward shifts.little overtime availiable
  1. Employee reviews