Algeco
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Algeco Employee Reviews

United Kingdom61 reviews

staffharddaycompanygoodenjoymanagementworking

Overall good place to work

The company is a nice place to work, the pay isn’t the highest but apart from summertime it’s quite a relaxed place to work. They have additional benefits such as vouchers for glasses, clothing and gift vouchers for your hard work. They can be pushy when deadlines need to be met. There is potential to move higher up within the company but don’t expect it to be with in a year.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Deadlines

Stressful, not friendly place,low wages

Stressful, not friendly place, low wages.Not enjoyable place to work, very low pay for a loads of work.Lots of all sorts of Directors/ other bosses.AVOID this place at all cost !!!

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

low pay, high stress

Insights into Algeco

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Horrible

Got a job through agency, the job is boring, the people are horrible, if you don't fit in or anything they make sure you know it. Was told they got rid of 2 cleaners because they was to loud. Cant talk or have a laugh in work, watched 24/7 even on lunch, set time's for lunch also. Horrible place to work and people are horrible too. Have a few health issues at the moment as kept them up to date and was horrible and not helpful at all about it.

Pros

Cons

Boring, rude, horrible

Great Place to Work

I started on the Sales Graduate Scheme in September 2021 and can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of working for Algeco.I have been given great responsibility so early on into my career, and feel as though Algeco are really investing in me as an individual. I would highly recommend Algeco to anyone looking to progress their career further.

Poor company to work for

Might seem ok to being with but the management are shocking at Deeside couldn’t run a bath please don’t waste your time apply elsewhere the staff turn over is a lot they take people on via agency so they can just get rid of them with no questions asked

Pros

Cons

Very poor management

Great training opportunities to grow your skill set

Good work ethic. Approachable senior staff. Friendly and helpful engineers. Annual holiday leave is very generous. You can buy or sell some of your holidays which is great.

Pros

Good rates of pay

Cons

Working at height

Sound place of work

Overall Elliott’s was a very good place of work, some good management in place and ongoing training. All work uniform is provided , including all the appropriate ppe .

Pros

Training

Cons

Not always keeping to what you told will happen

Change management

This could be a very good place to work, but the management structure needs to change. Several managers don’t have a clue. More supervisors and team leaders than actual operatives.

Pros

Ppe and lots of training

Cons

Overtime bans

Not a good place to work at

Management are poor in organisation skills poor communication between management and employees i am only talking on behalf of the Nuneaton depot i wouldn't return if it was the last place on earth to offer me a job they treat agency as scum only if your full time permanent are you treated better management offerd me a job here I said no it was just a stop gap for my working career.

Pros

Short days

Cons

Badly organised and bad communication

Starts out good, doesn't last.

The job starts out really well, getting you used to the company etc etc, but once that buffer period is over you get thrown to the wolves so to speak. Rushed, mixed priorities, and bad layouts are a start of the issues, but poor quality equipment and generalized lack of care for their employees on this particular site is a major. Focusing on petty things when inspections are due only to allow them to be ignored once said inspection is over is shocking to witness. Broken and damaged equipment is common, and they drag their heels in replacing anything or bring in the wrong equipment if it is replaced, expecting staff to repair plant over calling out trained personnel to save money.Expecting production to be matched to that of larger depots is common and then accusing staff of underperforming when they cannot do the job of multiple people.Elliotts started off as a fantastic place to work, but went down hill pretty quickly unfortunately

Cons

Pressure is constantly at a high.

Worst place i ever worked

Worst place i have ever worked no heating holes in the roof dirty toilets are disgusting training is awful when you ask for help is not the best they dont trust you with there tools espally when you leave worst place i ever worked and made to lift heavy items way over what you should be lifting on your own

Pros

Cons

Awful place to work

Certain areas are great

Has a reputation for hire and fire, I lost my job because of covid but then invited back... Not nice. My team was positive and I enjoyed my relationship with senior management. They do have a lot of changes at the top and that ripples around. If your ok with less than the average job security you can have a lot of fun and with remotely. You'll be held to account for your activity and make sure you know your position if in sales

Pros

Flexible working great IT

Cons

Mix and changing strategy focus

Too many managers

Poor management, products to hire out poor quality, micro managed . Overall an awful place to work. The system they use ie salesforce is far to complicated and time consuming.

Pros

Cons

All of them

Strong team

A friendly office, comprising a strong team who welcome you into the company. Everyone helps each other and can cover others work. Management are approachable.

Worked for this company and they fill you with promises and then they go back on everything never worked with a company that tells so many lies closed our depot and promised me ajob at another depot and that I was the ideal candidate for the job and the position was mine only to be told one week later sorry and gave the position to someone with a lot less experience than me would not trust them would I recommend them to anyone definitely no

Was made redundant

Very hard for new employees as the existing employees and managers give new staff a difficult time. The admin team are great but not the sales team and this is the hardest position in the company.

No training provided

I received no training and my team had people who were being made redundant train them. They had to give my team 10 years worth of knowledge in 4 days.

Elliott lack communication

YThe company decide to go one way then 6 month later change their mind. Dont communicate with in the business and often things change and you hear something weeks later.

Fitter

Its a good place to work, varied jobs, sometimes you have to work quicker than you might be happy with but that's part of the business. It's generally pretty relaxed though. Fitters are underpaid but there is usually plenty of overtime to be able to make it up. Hours of work are good- 7am-15:30pm.

Relaxed Atmosphere

No real daily structure Very relaxed atmosphere Management aren’t very supportive on problem situations The job learnt day by day from other work colleague

Productive and enjoyable

A typical day would be checking product availability using inspire and navision programs Updating H/S folders Collating requisition forms and forwarding to buying department Ensuring workloads were completed in a timely manner and to a high standard Management were always fair and approachable The most enjoyable part of the job was getting customer feedback which on the whole was positive

Pros

Employee benefit scheme

Cons

Working on occasion to quick turn around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Algeco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement