Alina Homecare

Alina Homecare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Alina Homecare selected this as a representative review
I have had a fantastic couple of months working with amazing people at the Horley Alina branch, Management is very understanding and will go out of their way to make sure the work load is flexible with your personal life. It s a shame i had to leave due to personal circumstances however would highly recommend them. Very professional and understanding, the level of care not only to their customers but to their workers sets them way apart from other competitors
Pros
very flexible, loads of incentives and rewards
Cons
working unsociable hours
When I made the decision to work in care I was careful to choose Alina as from their website they seemed like a great company to work for and they have completely lived up to expectations. I have received excellent training and support in my new career and my management team are very approachable. Every day is different when you work in care it is tiring, challenging physically and mentally so definitely not for everyone but I have surprised myself by how much I enjoy my new role. My fellow care colleagues are so lovely and have been very supportive since starting out as a newbie which has been really helpful. It is an honour to help support people at home and the best part of the job is when you have are able to in a small way bring a smile to your clients faces by being there to care for them, making conversation and having giggle together hoping that your visit made a positive difference to their day. The hardest part of a job in care is not the personal care element which many may struggle with and is definitely not for the faint hearted (do not apply to work for care if you think it is all about a cup of tea and a chat!), it is leaving clients when you have to stick to the time of the visit and they really want you to stay as they are enjoying your company. Overall I am super proud to be working for Alina as a Care worker - the role is very flexible so can fit around your lifestyle and home commitments which suits me well at the moment.
Pros
Good pay and company benefits, flexible hours.
Cons
Occasional long days with not much time for a break between visits.
I have worked for Alina just over a year now and I wouldn't change it for the world , we have a great bunch of girls who support each day in and day out. Our own Alina family. Management are very supportive and also there when you need them.
Pros
Staff and Clients
Cons
in the 30 years that i have worked in the care sector i have never worked for such a fantastic company, a company that respects and appreciates their staff and shows that you are never "Just a carer" Alina invest in their staff the moment you begin your job. everyone is very supportive and you receive amazing training. All staff are trained to the highest standard to be able to deliver outstanding care and support.Alina is a family and you feel that immediately. My office manager is truly amazing and extremely supportive.i would recommend Alina to everyone.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, friendly supportive management team
Cons
Excellent company to work for in Trowbridge, amazing team. Management really goes out of there way to help. Good staff benefits and good pay. Good work life balance.
Pros
Good pay, staff benefits, good team
There is no typical day: we receive our rotas a few days before the working week begins so any changes or queries can be sorted in plenty of time. Management will do their very best to accomodate time off if needed which is why there is a work/life balance - you can work all the hours you would like. The salary is certainly better than what most Care Companies offer - but then Alina are certainly not most Care Companies! They value their staff, and yes we work hard, but because we want to, not because we feel we have to. The Bristol South Management team are so incredibly supportive and are there to metaphorically hold our hands, put an arm around our shoulders, offer any advice and guidance that is needed - anytime, day or night. Alina Bristol South encourage a culture where all us carers not only feel incredibly valued but also very involved with all our clients in our care. We have regular meetings (online at the moment) where we can, at different times to make sure everyone can get involved; communication with management and carers and between carers themselves is excellent and always constant ensuring the care of our clients is always paramount.The hardest part of the job is learning to switch off in "down time". Because we have such a supportive management team, a wonderful team of carers, and to be honest, incredibly lucky and privileged in looking after the clients we do, when I do have time off I still feel the need to know what's going on!!Whether you are an experienced carer, or about to dip your toe into the health and social care world; in fact whatever - more...
Pros
The People!!
Cons
I became branch manager in December 2019 and helped open a brand new branch of Alina Homecare. Since then we as a branch have come on leaps and bounds, and even through a very challenging first year with the pandemic I have felt thoroughly supported and safe at all times. In previous roles I have not felt like my ideas were welcome but all levels of my senior team right up to the Company Directors are so grateful to hear my experiences and suggestions and you really don't get that in many places at all. I am very proud of our branch in particular and the culture we have created within my team really shines, and staff are really positive and excited about working here and for the growth of the branch. Throughout the pandemic the senior teams have kept up up to date with policy changes, new guidance, they've also ensured we were one of the first to start weekly COVID testing and even organise for us all to have our vaccines done as soon as it was available. Alina Homecare pay very competitively and our staff pay rates are some of the best in the local area, and on top of that we receive perks and benefits that other companies do not offer. It's the little things that make the biggest difference, and make this a fantastic place to work.
I have been working at Alina for the last 3 months and have really enjoyed it . The management is friendly as well as incredibly supportive, giving you guidance whenever you need it. I have also already been offered the chance to progress into further training and earn more qualifications to make me a more confident carer so that I can progress in future roles. Overall a really enjoyable place to work.
I must say I’m very pleasantly surprised. I have found the management easy to get hold of, to sort out my problem ASAP very easy to talk to. If they miss my call they phone back within 10 mins sometimes both the managers one after the other I think one of the best things is that although they are managers they have no problem jumping in feet first if a spot, needs filling ie care. I have found not only the managers but the the other care staff very easy to work with and always happy to help if your stuck I work for the Walton branch and if your looking for a career in caring I would seriously recommend looking for a Alina homecare in your area
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Getting up to a alarm
Having worked for Alina just under 12 months i feel appreciated and valued, able to express opinions.Staff team are person focused aiming to give high quality care and support for people we support.Management are friendly and approachable.a real feeling of all being in it together.development,progression and training oppourtunities are all available
Pros
Valued and appreciated
I had worked for Alina for a few years and really enjoy my job. I am supported well by my colleagues and management. The Alina Academy means that I get really good training that is often specific to the service users I support. This job works well around my family life and can be flexible when necessary.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Na
I love working here, our manager is fantastic she listens and supports the staff team and has great knowledge and always on hand when you need advice. She is what makes the Salisbury branch the best. I enjoy my calls and have great relationships with the clients. Always have ppe and everything I need. Great training and pay is good. By far the best home care service I have worked for, professional and well organised
Pros
Manager, hours to suit, pay
Cons
A good company to work for. The training is fantastic and the on going support is really good. Clients are all lovely and I feel I do a good job every day.
Pros
good company
This company acted all nice when i started & said they were always there to support meWhat a load of rubbish!!!! all they are interested in is that you turn up at your clients & spend most of the time filling in paper work & no concern for the client at all.when i mentioned to management that a lady living on her own was not very happy & in a lot of pain there response was that when we get time call a doctor but not a lot we can do, Absolutely disgusting how clients were treated, THEY CALL THIS CARE!!!!!!!
To work as live in carer for Alina Homecare was a great experience for my career. Nice colleagues, emphatic managers, good pay and open staff for dialogue and for finding solution to any problem. I recomand Alina Homecare Company for people who want to gain experience in this field in collaborative atmosphere. You'll have all support from this company.
Pros
Good support
Cons
Lovely clients. Managers are not interested, force work on you at all times and don’t support you, don’t pay money they owe, all just care about money in their pockets. Promise support and you don’t receive, always add more clients onto the end of your rota. Managers don’t like having to do any work.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, awful managers, no free time.
9 December 2020
Hello,Could you give me a call on 0330 055 2222 so I can investigate what happened here?Thank you,Sarah - Alina Homecare
Excellent company that really put their people first. Invested in training, upskilling ang progressing their teams through the ranks. Not a "bums on seats" company. Also care provided is of extremely high standard. Customers and carers are at forefront of everything.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
• They don’t follow through with promises of further training• Unable to retain care workers or office staff therefor support system is not there• When new staff are hired hours are taken off of long standing staff to give the new staff work• Pestered on your days off to cover staff sicknesses etc and given cold shoulder if you aren’t able to help• Constantly being sent revised rotas• Many clients aren’t happy with office staff lack of administration skills, their weekly rotas are always late if they arrive at all, constantly making changes to rotas and not notifying Clients so care workers get the brunt of clients annoyance • It is a failing branch• Lack of support from management, they just pass on responsibility so issues don’t end up getting worked out• Terrible communication from office staff and Operations Manager• Office staff are not approachable as very judgmental • Office staff discuss other staff members issues with other staff members • Bullying cultureReally wouldn’t recommend working for this company.
Pros
The clients
Cons
All round awful company to work for
9 December 2020
I have been with Alina Stevenage for a few weeks now and I am so happy!!! The training was really good and I feel supported by my work colleagues.I work hours around my kids and hubbies job which is good.
Pros
good training, support
- No support - Lucky if you know who your manager is. - been doing my job independently two weeks, given a new starter to train, not even asked. - no accountability, constantly have to chase.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Pay, lack of support, thrown in completely at the deep end, given uniform that wasn't my size and was clearly preowned due to stains.
30 September 2020
Hello, Could you give me a call on 0330 055 2222 so I can investigate what happened here? Thank you,Sarah - Alina Homecare
I have nothing nice to say about this company. During the training stages/sorting out references they were rude and accused my reference of lying because she had received no emails, which could have easily been a mistake in the email. When I asked a simple question as to whether I needed to complete my care booklet before I did completion training, I was met with a very rude response when it was a very valid question. When I went to the Eastleigh office to do my final training the staff were very unprofessional, constantly swearing, ignoring me, talking about going out drinking, etc. I was told I would hear from someone that day as to when I would start my shadow shifts, I did not hear from anyone for 5 days and the person who contacted me knew nothing about me, showing no communication between the team. I was then told I would get shifts sorted that day, I then didn't hear from anyone for 2 more days and another person contacted me who also knew nothing about me, but did get shifts sorted for me for the next day. However, when I arrived for my shift the next day, I was sent to the wrong house, but couldn't contact my manager as despite asking 5 times prior, no one would tell me who it was. So I had to contact the person who set my shadow shifts up and they told me that they had sent me to the wrong place and sent me somewhere else. An hour into my first shift and I finally start but it is nothing short of a nightmare. The staff were rude about clients, no PPE was provided, paperwork had not been updated, meds sheets were filled out incorrectly, I was informed about how I would - more...
Pros
Clients are lovely
9 December 2020
Hello.We don’t offer any services in Eastleigh within the Care at Home side of Alina Homecare so I believe you at have us mixed up with another company.Sarah - Alina Homecare
  1. Employee reviews