Alliance Automotive Group
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Alliance Automotive Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom59 reviews

breakstaffbadmanagercompanymanagementhourpeople

Generally a good working environment

Takes about 2-3 month to learn the van routes and majority of customers then your fine. Can be extremely busy and fast paced at times but once out on the road you in full control and work at your own pace. Management tend to leave you to it, unless they feel the need to step in. Great bunch of lads n girls.

Delivery driver

Worked here for just over 3 monthsIt was good at first then things went down hillI had no proper training,You work with a small team of 4 , friendly at first then into the few weeks if you make a mistake they raise their voice so management can here they make you feel stupid They make mistakes but manager doesn't say anything but when you make mistakes management have a go The team consistently try to trip you up so go wrongIf the team don't like you they make sure you won't go pass your probation.They suck to managementThey expect you know anything with in month.It's a shame because its good pay.Area management are really unfair.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Treated unfairly

Insights into Alliance Automotive Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Abysmal Company

Dreadful company to work for ... Management is none existance. Pay you minimum wage and want you to run around like a headless chicken for 9 hours+....

Over promised & under delivered

Lack of communication & leadership from day 1 since the takeover. Kept in the dark about what they intend to do.Team morale at an all time low, would not recommend anyone working for this company.

Pros

Got to take a van home to save fuel in my car

Cons

Effects your mental health and is soul destroying

Ruined after takeover

“Nothing will change” The lies AAG tell you when they take you over. Staff at branch level are fine. Upper management are the issue. No help given when struggling. You are just a number!

Incompetent Company

Everyone at branch level are spot on but unfortunately taken for a ride by the comple incompetent senior management. Ask for support and none is given, when catastrophe happens because of lack of support they still play ignorance but will try and pass the blame back down the chain. Pay rises are non-existant even with inflation, the official company policy to get a pay rise is to "hand in your notice". This has even resulted in mass staff shortages and branch failures.Summary: Professional organisation ran by clowns.

Not Good

I was offered the job and was told I’d be getting a phone call to confirm. I never received the phone call and I was ignored when trying to make contact. I wouldn’t recommend this job.

Good Company to work for

Joined 7 years ago and the company has been great to work for. Ups and downs but management have always stood by the staff and tried to do the best for them.Would advise working here.

Avoid

Went for induction and I was shown once how to use the system, worked hard all day and showed initiative. I have 10 years experience in warehousing and was told I didn't pick the work up quick enough, its the 1st time in 23 years of working I've ever been stood down by a company. I think I might have worried the supervisors as I have more experience than all of them collectively, if you're not switched on and happy just bumbling on the pick I'm sure you'd keep the job but any one with any sort of drive and ability beyond that will struggle to get a role and keep it. To be fair not a good place to work regardless. Avoid

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor break patterns. Poor management top to bottom

Terrible company to work for

Management have no managerial skills speak to drivers like dirt, rubbish pay no incentives for drivers. The more you do the less you are thought of. Very men orientated HR and payroll are useless

Terrible branch to work for ( bishop auckland )

Could be a good branch ( bishop auckland ) unfortunately the people who worked for caultharts think they run the place , lot of back stabbing and toxis people work there and nothing is done about it by management !! I have been a delivery driver for 20 yesar and never experience the favouritism , people keeping runs back for certain people so they get home early !! Such a unprofessional set of people to work with !! Pleased I'm out of it !! They will never keep good staff because of this !! Management don't have a clue what goes on !!

Pros

Cons

Back stabbing, two faced people working there !!

Generally great coworkers, most management poor Job can be easy enough as long as goalposts don't keep moving

Long hours, expected to start early and finish late, all unpaid, lunch break if you are lucky, and often cover other people's job roles but not on their wages,basically Just a bum on a seat, not valued in the slightest! Communications generally abysmal too

Terrible place to work

Just don’t apply for a job there as they are not a good company to work for with no support for employees and expectations to work without any break’s and long hours usually 47.5 hours per week

Cons

Allowed to use your initiative

Very good company to work for , a nice balance of managers and troops. I have work for alliance Automotive Group for two years six months and enjoy the majority of it, there a career path if you want to progress and they have just started apprenticeships to help you progress within the company.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Seem to be loads of false promises

In the beginning everything is good, then as time goes on you see where the favouritism is, upper management treat branch level staff like idiots.... hence why people leave and filling those positions is almost impossible

Pros

Haha

Cons

Long hours, no lunch break

Management are arrogant

Management bark orders, expect you to drive unroadworthy vehicles, don't get vehicles repaired, expect you to drive over speed limit to get deliveries to customers within a set time frame

People nice, workload horrendous

Expected to do a lot of work and not really praised for doing it. If you work hard they don’t notice you but if you mess around they let you get away with it.

Pros

Left to own work

Cons

Mind numbing jobs

Not a very nice place to work

They have no empathy or caring for staff and family issues. More interested in stock take.Made a few good friends but just felt i had to leave as family comes first.

Pros

Cons

No empathy or caring for family issues

Horrendous management

This company is awful to work for, barely get any break time, zero thanks for doing extra work. Management is a joke, and a bad one at that. Pathetic attitude towards staff, no people skills and take credit for others ideas. I would definitely not recommend working for these people.

Pros

not a single thing

Cons

stress, lots of it. Not enough pay for the work.

People make the place

I have been working for the branch in honiton for a number of years and initially thought what a toxic environment to work in. We have recently got a new manager and he is really good the branch has turned a corner and is a happy and productive place to work now! It just goes to show that a national company can vary from branch to branch. I can see what stresses are put on the branch management team from up above but as a driver you don't really get to much grief

Pros

Nice vans, good work colleagues

Cons

No lunch break

Genuinely do not work here!

Worst company I've worked for for some time. New Management is ridiculous in decisions and has no idea about the industry (hired because they were desperate) and they will get rid of the workers who did all the work in the first place and keep on the shurkers who do the bare Minimum and get away with it. When problems with the workers and their work ethic are mentioned it gets ignored by management and also area management. Many many problems and a lot of backstabbing happens daily. Only one or two out of the whole branch I would keep in touch with. Do not work here honestly a waste of your own time and adds nothing but stress and problems.

Pros

Cons

Bad management. Bad employees who don't pull their weight and get away with it. Many others....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Alliance Automotive Group with

Learn about Alliance Automotive Group in popular locations

• Alliance Automotive Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?