Alliance Automotive Group

Alliance Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Can't fault the people I worked at the coal face with, great people, the job was ruined by the complete ineptitude of upper management & their petty in fighting, childhish at times. Horrendous hours, don't ask about over time, never get any brakes, just constantly work all day, no thanks at all. If you make a mistake, expect to be relentlessly beaten over the head with it.
I’ve had some jobs in my life but none as bad as this place it made me have a mental breakdown the managers are Bully’s and should not be in them positions they will openly scream at you in front of all other staff if you make a mistake yet they provide zero training your just sent straight out in a van and could be handling thousands of pounds in cash there’s no safe in the van nothing to protect you , there’s no support and your treated badley the staff turnover is unbelievable I’m sure head office must wonder why people don’t stay . avoid at all costs ! I’m so happy I’ve found a nice place to work now with decent kind managers good riddance.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
As previously stated by others, you'll be working overtime for free, no meal breaks and expected to do all manner of things that are other people jobs.Having worked in several industries and jobs I've never worked somewhere with such poor value of their staff, no pay for overtime but it's expected of you and not even respected for any commitment or sacrifice you make for the company.Personally I think its disgusting that people are treated so badly
Pros
More money than claiming benefits
Cons
Everything, undervalued and worked like a slave for a pittance wage.
Horrible place to work this company made me ill with stress and depression I never got a break cause there wasn’t anyone to cover me I didn’t get out on time you’ll end up doing more than 1 job I was doing about four peoples jobs If your face doesn’t fit they will get rid off you for no reason AVOID THIS COMPANY
Cons
Worst Company I’ve experienced. Management are a joke. Do yourself a favour. Scroll past and apply for something else. Trust me that’s the best advice your hear all year.
Pros
Smoke when you like. No one cares
Cons
Really are too many to list
Minimum wage , minimum holidays and that’s if your lucky enough to be allowed your holidays . Worst job ever avoid at all costs . Worst management ever .20 days a year holiday and your half days on Saturdays are included in this , what a con , nobody wants to work for this company .
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Minimum wage, minimum holidays
so as a driver you pick your own goods can be up between 20-60 tickets, scan them all on a Epod ready for dispatch, load the van, deliver set rounds each day. warehouse: is picking, putting stock on shelves just your general warehouse job. health and safety doesn't exist here as your pressurised to take out as much as possible which means unsecure overloaded vans. when unloading the stock that comes down overnight your climbing in crates to pick out heavy stock to put in driver locations, its stacked around the warehouse dangerously. and as for the COVID19 health and safety well there is none, no social distancing at all, no masks or cleaning of surfaces ,shared vans with nothing sanitised. management let you do what you like and have favourites. assistant hasn't got a clue what there doing either. you get no lunch break and made to work in 30+ degree heat up stairs during a heatwave this is a dangerous place to work.
Pros
Cons
boring slow days if stuck in warehouse, driving can be dangerous on the early rounds due to overloaded vans.
Absolutely enjoyed my time working at the Bridgwater Branch.The manager there is great and supportive and always strives to get the best out of the staff. One of the guys in the call centre has been there for years, does nothing but moan and criticise but never steps up to help out.Worked there a number of years, OK but pay isn't great, but discount to staff on parts and you build relationships with your customers who will also help you out if you look after them.Job isn't difficult, you do need a great eye for detail as picking parts by part numbers and checking to take out on your deliveries....biggest draw back is sometimes getting stuck in traffic.
Pros
Great Manager and Modern Vans
Cons
Moaning in the call centre.
Terrible management, constant moving goalposts. No credit for hard work or achievements unless your best buddies with the manager. You can be top 10 sales in the country and you will never get any recognition. The job and customers were great. People don’t leave jobs, they leave bad management and it’s from the top down.
Pros
Self achievement and own goals to reach
Cons
You need to set them yourself and will never get a thank you
very busy printer never stopped always sort staffed fantastic drivers kept things going management not great . Constant computer work stock checking and delivery work.
Pros
good team of drivers
Cons
alt sat working poor pay and holidays stressful environment
The worst company in the world to work for , avoid this company at all costs unless you enjoy working all hours of the day for no extra pay or thanks. Staff levels at each branch are shockingly low , they pay people off for fun , don’t expect a lunch break because you don’t get one , constantly hammered from upper management to try and achieve unachievable targets AVOID AVOID AVOID HORRIBLE COMPANY
Cons
Did some Agency work for them . Nice colleagues, but the workload was crazy. Very long days . Do your round twice, which unless you drove very fast , you wouldn't make it around. I lasted for 3 days . That said , to be fair 1 or 2 lads enjoyed it. Personally it was too much for me. Can't comment on Management, as didn't really see them .
Bad management/work people no life because they told you to work for 12 hours a day for 5 day and told to work Sunday’s if your face doesn’t fit then they got rid of you and you had to do 5 people jobs a day because they had no one to help you and the managers always slaged you of
Very busy depot so out and about most of the day decent van to drive and the time flys by but you definitely earn your money and paid at minimum wage overall happy with the company just get left alone to do my job suits my current situation nice co workers.
don't trust the management get everything in writing they part payed me the first month wouldn't pay tme till next month had borrow from family to get through month i wasn't the only one customers only buy with them as a last resort if your going to work here just use them and move on expect you to work 12 hour days
Pros
Cons
their a con never telling you the truth
Horrendously managed. Head office at alliance haven’t got a clue how to run a business properly as other reviews show. People leaving left right and centre due to being unhappy, overworked and obviously underpaid. Head office as well as branch management are figure chasers and they expect everything for nothing and don’t care about the wellbeing of the staff. Be prepared to be treated as a number. Don’t expect any pay increase. Don’t expect job satisfaction.
Trained to use system Autopart MAM and placed with team of myself and one other. Workshop Pro became part of the job role so running to companies as one. Long day from 8am to 5pm and 30 min lunch and very busy and quiet stressful. Often left to run dept solely whilst team members attended meetings, training or shows but had a great team with reps who were very supportive and helpful. Found it difficult to leave as enjoyed time spent with company and made a lot of friends. My first large corporate company to work for, learnt a lot and enjoyed my time there.
Having joined a few months ago I can say with confidence that the work culture and employee engagement is a key component to the way this business works and this supports both the business and its people. This is a business that is growing and you can see the support functions growing to enable this, this alone will generate advancement for those with the ability and desire to progress.
I would suggest to avoid this company they look after the better paid people by giving them extra incentives to stay and then put more workload onto everyone else then slate you all when mistakes happen due to running things day to day with a skeleton crew constantly working never have enough time for home life no sign of progression anywhere all drivers and warehouse staff are great but too much pressure and workload on them all
Joined from another large motor factor and am really enjoying the different culture with great support from both peers and management. This company have a strategy that works, with the right work ethic the company encourages its employee's to thrive and grow with it. Great tools to use, probably the best in the market place. Day 1 and everything was ready for me, laptop, logins, phone etc... this is normally the most painful part of starting a new job in this trade! Work hard and you will be rewarded, good bonus scheme which is easy to understand with no silly caveats. Very impressed so far and have been made to feel an important part of the team even during my induction, which by the way was planned out from day 1 and really helped me integrate with the whole team across the whole south west.
They will exploit you and take all the credit for your hard work. No breaks from eight a.m. to five-thirty p.m. and if you ask for help, well, don't expect anything but a disgusted response. Worst working experience ever; no support, no fun. You'll be expected to do hours over your contract and you won't be paid for them. Most enjoyable part ? Finding employment elsewhere where one is appreciated.