Alliance Medical

Alliance Medical Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom26 reviews

Good work colleagues make work enjoyable.

Get to work for 10am and log on to the majority of packages required for the day. I then go through e-mails filin, discarding the majority then prioritising the rest. The trackers come next in order of priority to make sure the images are getting to the reporting groups. Correcting patient data and pushing images across. Contacting scanning staff to match and complete work. Chasing reporting groups for reports keeping within time lines. Any Urgent reports that need to go out when my colleague has left. Uploading images and requesting images on intelepacs. Taking phone calls regarding reports and images from referrers. Sorting queries. I finish work at 6pm.

Pros

Varied, problem solving.

Cons

Sitting staring at a computer most of the day.

Challenging work

Sometimes it is a hard job to do, if children are involved. Reasonable salary. So we’ll organised during the pandemic, Should be commended for excellence

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Work space

Insights into Alliance Medical

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Terrible company

Management non existent on the ground. No back up. Bullying culture. It was a do as I say, not as I do attitude. HR very ineffective and practically non existent.

Soul destroying

Be prepare to lose your HCPC registration on a daily basis. Expect company to attack when everything goes wrong and never get any praise. Under resourced and under skilled. Expect to scan alone or with agency that can't scan but get paid 3 times more than you.

Pros

3 very long stressful days per week.

Cons

Work with agency rads, get blamed for everything. No career progression no pay incentives. Very stressful environment.

Rubbish company

Once a good company with solid management now spoilt by toxic venture capitalists wringing the highest level of profit out of the business. Head office departments now decimated, morale low, a majority of senior managers have been pushed in the last year. At the sharp end we're worked terribly hard, given little support and are being managed by people that frankly have no idea of the clinical service that we provide.I'd avoid like the plague until the seemingly forthcoming business sale is completed and assess when a new leadership team is in place.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Loads

Not what you expect from multimillion company

The company is going down for sometime now and it shows by the way they treat their employees or patients Some people in charge can’t operate within professional areas without having a back-up from google. I think this is by far the most pathetic image I can recall. Also the overwhelming ignorance of some working there and the most filthy units ever maintained.I particularly enjoyed taking some effort and discussing professional nuances with some of that lot I used to work with, and seeing them confused and puzzled, agreeing to the most ridiculous things I could think of. Although, I’m not sure whether it is concerning or just preposterous. Anyway - if you’re a plodder - any position would be suitable for you however, if you consider yourself an ambitious achiever or a scientist - you will be struggling with mediocrity all day long.

Pros

Pay is good, simple tasks, repetitive

Cons

Some areas as gripping as a telephone book, racist comments, envious people looking down at you

Horrible modern slave camp

Struggling with cashflow so hiring cheap people with little or no experienceStuffy atmosphere, proud army of bigots. Only pliant and spineless pieces of +++++ are allowed to progress their “careers”

Pros

Good work - life balance, but at the cost of attitude from management

Cons

Not enough space here to list every aspect

it was a terrible experience of my life time

Very poor management style from top to bottom.Almost non existent HR department.No feedback and follow up. Not even a reply or feedback for a exit interview and complaints raised.

Good company

Good company to work for, good work/life balance. Great hours and suitable for people of all experiences. I got this through a temp agency and loved working there.

Great company

I have met some lovely people since I started work and it’s a fantastic extremely fast passed lots to learn I still learn new things every day no two days are the same

Admin heavy work with not much reward

Fairly menial, admin-heavy work with not much room for personal development. It was poorly managed and had little planning to ensure the operations ran smoothly.

Rewarding, great training

Training is thorough and well thought out, with many resources provided for you to use. A great company to work for with many opportunities for progression.

happy at work

my time at alliance medical was very good and i enjoyed working there also the type of work, this type of work wouldn't suit everyone, as can be quite stressful talking to patients knowing they may have cancer. we had to do our best to make the patient less stressful at a most difficult time and show empathy at all times. explain to patient what the scan will involve and where it might be done offer a date/ time to suit them but also required to offer next available appointment .

Pros

job satisfaction

Cons

fixed term contract only

enjoyable and challenging

Whilst I enjoy my work and maintain a good work life balance, management and company structure change regularly making any continuity difficult. For an experienced radiographer this is not a challenge but for newly qualified radiographers wanting advancement it can be difficult. New sites are always coming on line so room to move about within the company.

Pros

Variety, hours, location

Cons

changing management restructuring

Friendly environment

People are really nice and the management is swift. I have been working for over 6 months now. Great working place. Tend to be quite busy which is a good part as you get to learn a lot.

Pros

Great management.

Cons

long shifts

Good for Radiographers

Worked extremely hard and was not valued at all. When I left they employed three people to replace me. Run ragged. Boss was unreasonable for holiday and medical appointments.

Mobile radiographer south

The worst company I HAVE EVER EVER EVER worked for in my entire life. Recently quit and what a relief. Driven by snakes and sly managers that cannot be bothered to answer employee calls or any be bothered to sort anything out. The only time you her from them is when a customer makes a complaint. Get to much for them and they will conspire against you and get rid of you. Seriously avoid this company like the plague especially if you are considering working in the south cos the mangers there really are pathetic. Loads of paper work to do and i means loads, policy after policy, and the oldest smelliest scanners I have ever worked on.

Pros

Cons

everything about the company

No oportunity for advancement

No opportunity for advancement within an administrative role. Staff are wonderful but often held back by host sites. .......................................................

Clicky and stuck up

most of the staff went to uni and look down on those who didn't. Offices in out of the way places so if you re bus reliant can be difficult on later shifts and colleagues reluctant to offer you a lift. Tendency to employ relatives of other staff, ie managements spouses employed via an agency so they get paid more and 5 minutes in the door and they are giving you orders like they own the place. If your face don't fit can make your life miserable. I used to eat my lunch then spend the rest of my lunch hour sat on the loo where no one could get at you.

Pros

non

Cons

numerous

Not the job I expected

I was going in to work the logistical side of the business which I did initially, but the questions became more and more medical as the months went on which resulting in me leaving at the end of my contract.

Pros

Company Car

Cons

No training for the job i was doing

Mobile Radiology Company

Good experience in CT/MRI with training available in PET and PET/CT and diagnostic radiography. Varied sites and opportunity to cross train in other modalities.

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Medical. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement