Allianz

Allianz Employee Reviews

As an Assistant Underwriter for the existing business team; the Benefits are great such as cheaper insurance, free eye tests, occassional free meals and depending on your manager you may be able to progress much quicker than others. The training is very in depth over 8 weeks but to progress you need to take multiple exams and are expected to spend at least 3 hours a day outside work to revise/study. The job consists mostly of telling brokers no due to business processes and awkward conversations with your brokers will be part of your life here. Taking calls and making decisions are abusive aspect of the job but they always say it isn't a call centre. Management were very cliquey in my office and certain exceptions were made for some within the cliques but not for others. With COVID, working from home has been difficult with limited contact with colleagues and having to get things agreed via a chat rather than over the phone, hopefully things do improve once things start going back to normal.I did enjoy the team I worked with and the atmosphere of the office, every now and then we would get a free domino's and there are multiple teams for wellbeing, mental health and other lifestyle activities. The Christmas party and summer party (Pre Covid) were always great as well.Overall I wouldn't recommend a friend nor would I return to Allianz but I did enjoy most of my time here, I just wasn't happy with the progression map and high stress environment with no bonus incentives and a lower rate of pay than all other brokers/insurers.
Pros
Good work atmosphere and good benefits.
Cons
High stress, low pay and very little incentives.
Enjoyed my precious time working with Allianz Good management Good line managers Good training Good environment Excellent training Good team workHelpful staff members
Pros
Cons
No faults
Good employer who care about the staff and work/life balance and who offer decent rewards. My manager and the managers above him are very caring and helpful.
Pros
Lots of autonomy
Cons
Long hours occasionally
Really caring company, amazing benefits and staff perks. Very rewarding, management very supportive. Loads of training and progression routes. Friendly office environment.
-Allianz is a great company to work for. They treat their customers well and employees are also given a great package. Managers work well within teams.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Pay not amazing
they treat you like robots not humans . don't have time to breath . call after call after call after call. might swell been in a sweatshop. not a nice job
Having started in January alongside many other new starters, Allianz were quick to take us under their wings and supported everyone brilliantly whilst also tailoring each of us to what they needed. We are mostly in different departments around the business relating to our personality type and what we are interested in, and the internal employee support pathways are excellent. This company really does value its staff.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Lots of out of work commitment, forced to sit an apprenticeship
Amazing place to work. Nice professional environment. Collaborative colleagues Convenient location. Nice food onsite. Good salary. Helpful staff Progress opportunities
Allianz are a good employer but do demand a lot from their employees. Work/life balance can sometimes suffer. However, they are a professional company who promote from within and reward ability and hard work.
Pros
Job security, development, career advancement
Cons
Sometimes poor work/life balance.
Good company to work for. Enjoyed building relationships with other areas of the business and leading a team. Very interesting role especially in my role as team leader. This gave me a good incite into the management side of business. Enjoyed accompanying surveyors to various risks.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Grade capping
Allianz is employer friendly and professional place to work. They are giving the good framework of professional & self development . Great place to work.
Old established insurance company looking at new ways to improve ways of working. Ramped up in short time the agile teams to support data and analytic programs.
this was the best ever work experience I wish I was able to stay however had to wait few months the working environment is the best ever relaxed everyone is friendly
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours a break every two hours
There are many positives, few negatives [that I experienced] and a great, friendly, atmosphere in which to work. As a contractor I found each day a joy, the staff were like friends - made being there like a social event rather than work, yet there was respect for the hierarchy for managerial and directorial respect and responsibility.
Awful place to work, bullying culture and very much a blame game when projects go wrong. After you leave you get the blame! Avoid. Work somewhere you are valued
Generally a great company to work for who have opened up some great experiences and opportunities over the years. The company gave me the opportunity to get back into the type of role I was seeking having been out of that particular industry for a while. They helped me in my early days there to regain my confidence in a nice blame free type of culture and progressed from thereon in. I was encouraged to expand my skill set and was helped to develop my technical skills to achieve career advancement within my role. The company is also excellent in supporting people wishing to gain industry renowned accreditation i.e. Chartered Insurance Institute qualifications. I would recommend the compnay to anyone.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Lack of support on occasion
great place to work with job security also make good friends and the amount you get to learn and benfits yo recive are great from company and parties
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late finsh
Great place to work.Great benefits and perks...great work culture and employee friendly management. Great exposure to different style of work culture.
Nice company to work for, very commercially minded but strong leadership at the top. They have a plan for the next five years, and there are exciting times ahead as they aim to be the No.1 Insurance company in the UK.
I am ISTQB certified tester and I have worked as Agile Test Analyst for five years within a manual environment, within the five years’ experience of test Analyst I have in-dept knowledge in test case creation and getting better in understanding user's requirement and Agile/Scrum Methodology. Moreover, while my on-job experience has afforded me to gain different skill set in the field. I have worked extensively within various key development environments such has Waterfall, VModel and Agile Scrum. I am very good with my test tool which I gained during my five years’ experience as a Test Analyst such has, HP QC, HP ALM, JIRA and Microsoft test manager. In terms of testing deliverables, I have spent the last five years writing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Conditions, Test Cases, Requirements, Test Traceability matrices and also, I have helped define defect management process for some of the projects I have been involved with and have managed the end to end defect lifecycle on almost all of them. In my latest challenge, I am currently teaching myself Test Automation using Selenium WebDriver and am given myself 6 months to achieve it.
A good place to work - not great but has massive potential. Learn quickly and given time to develop - as long as the day job is getting done. Best part of the job? Join and make your own mind.
  1. Employee reviews