Allied Care

United Kingdom54 reviews

supportcaretrainingclientskillstaffopportunityyear

Progressive Organisation

Featured review

Allied Care selected this as a representative review
I have worked for the company in three roles spanning a 7 year period. I have found the company to be well organised in its service delivery , with a solid foundation of support for all of the respective roles by the management hierarchy. The care of each individual is always at the forefront of the service provision, with a person centred approach to the daily needs of that individual being paramount. The engagement of staff via online questionaries', enables everyone at all levels to have a voice and share both areas of progression and solid care practice as well as identifying areas for future input, development and support. A clear role criteria and associated skills enables those either joining or currently employed by the organisation, to clearly understand their own development and progression path for both existing and new roles and associated salaries. Overall a great company to work for and developing all the time and enhancing the lives of both those whom reside or work within or for the services nationwide.

Don’t work here

If I could rate lower I would, management care more about themselves then the service users/staff constantly trying to cover their own backs and screwing staff over. Tell staff to be on best behaviour when CQC come in and make sure to tell them that the management is good when it’s not.

Pros

Service users

Cons

No care from management

Insights into Allied Care

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Tiring

I worked here for a long time and for most of it I completely loved my time the down side and this is what ultimately finished me off, you have no work life balance you will be expected to work almost every weekend while some work next to none of choose what they want despite me talking about it multiple times in meetings they appeared shocked that I handed my notice in stating that as one of my reasons

Great place to work. Supportive management and real opportunities to progress.

Can be stressful at times as with any health & social care organisation but the support is fantastic. Great training and advancement opportunities. A genuinely good employer

Pros

Support, training, advancement opportunities

Cons

Can be stressful at times

Productive in the workplace

The work place is productive in the current environment keeping the clients safe and well making there lifestyle more active as we go along coming out of lock down in a safe environment

Pros

The company supply free lunches and dinners

Cons

Sometimes work long days that is opportunity

Wouldn’t know what to put

The company offers the earth but delivers nothing yet bend over backwards to help with very little gratitude! Constantly mess up your pay. Management have no interest in you as an employee and are only about profitability an covering themselves. Would work for them again NEVER.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, supposed to include dinner but end up having to bring your own food in, bad management

Stay clear

The company offers the earth but delivers nothing. Your expected to put your life on hold for the company and focus on profit rather than peoples lives. They blindside CQC which they are very good at but the quality they offer to service users isn’t very good at all. They loose service user money and usually cover things up.

Varied

You could choose who you worked for and when putting you in control of how much you work. Variety of jobs available, training always available. You could take holiday when you wanted .

Pros

You are in control of when you work and the type of work

Cons

Not guarenteed hours

Not so good

Service users are lovely. Management not so good not very supportive, not many staff so they expect you to cover shifts even if that means doing 12 hrs shifts 7 days in a row

Pros

Nice service users

Cons

Not so good management

25 August 2020
Thank you for your review and we are sorry to read that you were disappointed with the level of management support you experienced during your employment. Some of our teams have opted for a 12 hour contract and full time hours of 36 per week. Overtime hours are frequently available but it is not our policy to roster staff to work as you have described,

Not a very supportive company and management

Company and management not very supportive. I have lost quite a lot of annual leave over the years as the company don't pay it if there is any left over.

16 October 2020
Thank you for your review, we have a clear and transparent policy on paid time off work and adhere to current legislation regarding payment in lieu for annual leave including the changes due to Covid-19. As you are a current employee please use the appropriate channels to raise your concerns if you are seeking further information.

Good job

Teamwork and management are amazing. It's a big company but every manager have his team. Every team can't interact and collaborate together but you have always someone to refer to,which is really helpful. Most of the clients are pleasant.

Stay away from them ! you've been warned !

Rubbish ,they don't even bother to pay your taxes you literally have to chase them in order to get them sorted.... They do some sort of accountancy 'wizardry' in order to get them more revenue and always changing the company you are working for on the payslip.Pay is absolute joke , one of the lowest in the area on top of that . Wages wrong most of the time , attitude of the employer is one of a master and his slaves . No benefits other than having a choice of some sloppy mash potato here and there when you actually have the chance to sit down and eat .

Productive and fun work place

It was a productive job where every day was different. The hardest part of the job was facing different, unexpected challenges which iI had to learn on the job.

25 August 2020
Thank you for your review, our services are very diverse but we do our very best to provide the support and education that our key workers need to be outstanding carers and social care ambassadors.

Rewarding, Collaborative, place to work.

Working for Allied Care Ltd is a pleasure. I have worked here for 21 years and have stayed as feel very supported by senior management. In my time with the company i have progressed through several positions and promotions due to this support i have received. I have been given great training opportunities. Allied Care value staff opinions by use of an engagement anonymous survey. Staff receive free food and regular support and supervision to allow them to progress with personal development and their career. Give allied care a go, you wont regret it.

Stay clear.

Don’t get sucked in. Once you scratch the surface the company are all about money and profit. They used to care for their staff and residents. Now the main focus is money.

Do not work here. Terrible place to work.

You do not progress here, i felt discriminated against, racially and otherwise. Management were liars. The don't respect people lives.they Always lied to clients. They bully their carers. Worse place to work.

25 August 2020
We have not received any grievances related to the above comment and we survey our staff every 3 months as a minimum as part of our commitment to continuous improvement. We operate two lovely residential services in the Romford area and have always taken a zero tolerance approach to bullying. Our staff development program is exceptional and we encourage staff to undertake NVQ qualification which is then rewarded by a salary uplift.

Hard work

Was lovely to meet all the clients but not much time to spend with each .. necessary equipment took weeks to get into the clients homes.. always ran late due to being given minimal travel time between clients

Comoany

Not a company I’d go back to work for. The manger was good just the company was not very good at looking after theirre employees. It’s nice to be appreciated from time to time

Amazing Culture and amazing Management

I really enjoyed working with allied care and the management team & our clients . Everyone was always so nice and caring towards each other. I found the job amazing as its easy to love your job surrounded by nice people

25 August 2020
Thank you, we pride ourselves on our supportive culture and we are glad that you enjoyed your time working with us.

Work place culture

As a support worker iIve had experienced to work with people with learning dissability is quite challenging role for me.I learned so much a lot of patience to be with them to work with them.it make me proud that I am supporting them in their daily living task in their daily needs. To escort them outside to join with the community having a cup of tea or coffee and to be with them supporting during the shopping task.In their everyday routine when they woke up in the morning assisting them in the kitchen while they still able to do and help themselves preparing for they breakfast then afterwards helping them to clean their rooms helping them to wash their clothes and soiled linen then encouraging them to have and join to do a simple arts and crafts for them to make them more artistic and industrious on their own way makes feel the balance way of their daily livingneeds.

don't get near, don't belive a word they say , stay away from this company

worked in 2 places, realy nice client , but managent is awful, don't respect your rights, clients??, they will lie you straight in eye , no opportunity to develop, beware of the staff, no one will dare to say something even if they leave, they will give max of stars just to beg to get a referral from them, little money, discrimination,long hours,,if you talk you're out , genear

16 October 2020
We are sorry to read such a negative review about our management team, we pride ourselves on our personal development programmes and career progression framework and hope that you have now found employment which suits you better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement