Allied Care Limited

Allied Care Limited Employee Reviews

Featured review
Allied Care Limited selected this as a representative review
I have worked for the company in three roles spanning a 7 year period. I have found the company to be well organised in its service delivery , with a solid foundation of support for all of the respective roles by the management hierarchy. The care of each individual is always at the forefront of the service provision, with a person centred approach to the daily needs of that individual being paramount. The engagement of staff via online questionaries', enables everyone at all levels to have a voice and share both areas of progression and solid care practice as well as identifying areas for future input, development and support. A clear role criteria and associated skills enables those either joining or currently employed by the organisation, to clearly understand their own development and progression path for both existing and new roles and associated salaries. Overall a great company to work for and developing all the time and enhancing the lives of both those whom reside or work within or for the services nationwide.
The company offers the earth but delivers nothing. Your expected to put your life on hold for the company and focus on profit rather than peoples lives. They blindside CQC which they are very good at but the quality they offer to service users isn’t very good at all. They loose service user money and usually cover things up.
Pros
Service users are lovely. Management not so good not very supportive, not many staff so they expect you to cover shifts even if that means doing 12 hrs shifts 7 days in a row
Pros
Nice service users
Cons
Not so good management
25 August 2020
Thank you for your review and we are sorry to read that you were disappointed with the level of management support you experienced during your employment. Some of our teams have opted for a 12 hour contract and full time hours of 36 per week. Overtime hours are frequently available but it is not our policy to roster staff to work as you have described,
Company and management not very supportive. I have lost quite a lot of annual leave over the years as the company don't pay it if there is any left over.
16 October 2020
Thank you for your review, we have a clear and transparent policy on paid time off work and adhere to current legislation regarding payment in lieu for annual leave including the changes due to Covid-19. As you are a current employee please use the appropriate channels to raise your concerns if you are seeking further information.
It was a productive job where every day was different. The hardest part of the job was facing different, unexpected challenges which iI had to learn on the job.
25 August 2020
Thank you for your review, our services are very diverse but we do our very best to provide the support and education that our key workers need to be outstanding carers and social care ambassadors.
Working for Allied Care Ltd is a pleasure. I have worked here for 21 years and have stayed as feel very supported by senior management. In my time with the company i have progressed through several positions and promotions due to this support i have received. I have been given great training opportunities. Allied Care value staff opinions by use of an engagement anonymous survey. Staff receive free food and regular support and supervision to allow them to progress with personal development and their career. Give allied care a go, you wont regret it.
You do not progress here, i felt discriminated against, racially and otherwise. Management were liars. The don't respect people lives.they Always lied to clients. They bully their carers. Worse place to work.
25 August 2020
We have not received any grievances related to the above comment and we survey our staff every 3 months as a minimum as part of our commitment to continuous improvement. We operate two lovely residential services in the Romford area and have always taken a zero tolerance approach to bullying. Our staff development program is exceptional and we encourage staff to undertake NVQ qualification which is then rewarded by a salary uplift.
I really enjoyed working with allied care and the management team & our clients . Everyone was always so nice and caring towards each other. I found the job amazing as its easy to love your job surrounded by nice people
25 August 2020
Thank you, we pride ourselves on our supportive culture and we are glad that you enjoyed your time working with us.
worked in 2 places, realy nice client , but managent is awful, don't respect your rights, clients??, they will lie you straight in eye , no opportunity to develop, beware of the staff, no one will dare to say something even if they leave, they will give max of stars just to beg to get a referral from them, little money, discrimination,long hours,,if you talk you're out , genear
16 October 2020
We are sorry to read such a negative review about our management team, we pride ourselves on our personal development programmes and career progression framework and hope that you have now found employment which suits you better.
Training was very good, and I felt like my skills increased on the job too. Everyone was very friendly, even the management. I had to leave because I started to feel tired all the time which was my fault really not the company's
Pros
good support, excellent training
Cons
very tiring
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Allied Care Limited?
Allied Care is a very supportive company who are willing to listen and work with their staff. They offer great incentives for all employees and training to develop skills. The support and care which they provide to their service users is fantastic ! I have worked with the company for over 19 years which must say a lot in itself!
Pros
Support for growth and development
I have been working for the company for last 14 years . Lots of training and skills gained, progressed from a support worker to Manager. Find Allied Care very supportive
Pros
Friendly environment, lots of training
Cons
being on call
I started working for Allied Care Ltd 7 years ago. I started as a Support Worker, progressed to a Team Leader and now I'm a Lead Practitioner. The people we support have a variety of needs and abilities which makes the job interesting. Due to the nature of the job working unsociable hours is a requirement and this may not suit everyone.
Allied Care continues to move forward and following introduction of pay banding recognises individual qualifications, skills and length of service which is reflected in hourly rates. Opportunities for personal development are available with sound training and Diploma/ NVQ qualifications in health and social care and associated care related areas.
Pros
Sound training, introduction of technology for daily recording
Cons
A need to be flexible in working hours may not suit all.
If you are committed and would like to make difference in an individuals life Allied Care is for you. We offer full support for staff in training, embracing our staff to succeed in all aspects of care. I came into the company as a support worker and worked my way to management position, very rewarding for myself and the clients i support. a smile in one persons daily life makes our job worth while.
Pros
full support from allied care, range of qualifications available with pay banding
Cons
Hours may not suit all
Good salary, staff all very friendly, look after the clients really well, have a good pension scheme, opportunities to get more qualifications and extend learning.
Pros
higher than minimum wage
Cons
some staff dont pull their weight
i have worked for Allied a number of years and found it a very fair working environment, in a time when the care sector has gotten tougher. many colleagues have left only to return when they realise how good they had it here.
Pros
pay increase, free meals on shift.
Cons
some collegues who are not always on the same page
Working in the care sector is quite challenging particularly with all the changes that are filtered through from Governing bodies such as CQC, local Authorities, and enforcement Agencies. It keeps the job alive needing to stay up to date with all changes in Legislation and implementation of new Requirements. With the Excellent training provided and the ethos of the Organisation staff on all levels are able to feel valued as part of the team, receiving recognition for work achieved. I believe that the hardest part of the job is ensuring Compliance is met in all Care provision that we provide whilst ensuring the needs and aspirations of all that we support are person centred and bespoke to their individual Care Plans. A typical day is not how I would describe any role within the care sector which makes each day uniquely interesting. Allied Care are very prominent in encouraging opportunities to learn and develop, with progression through promotional opportunities where people show drive and ambition.
Pros
Ideas are always listened to, equality is highly promoted.
Cons
The work can be challenging due to displays of behaviours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the time spent with the clienteles , on trips, holidays, walks . and grateful moments . I developed different and new skills
Pros
Only free coffee; tea ; water
16 April 2019
Our revised residential contract permits staff to eat a meal at the same time as the service users, a meal is provided free of charge and is in addition to the paid break.