Allied Healthcare
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Allied Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom848 reviews

Don't work for Allied. Poor pay, Poor work condition. Etc.,

Oh dear, don't bother with this company. Lowest pay, carers not treated well, office staff don't know there jobs well, stress then more stress! Joke! Rota changes all the time without notice

Pros

paid weekly

Cons

Some fools in working here

Its a very good fun workplace. Its where you learn as you work.

Given the opportunity i will still love to work there Especially the Richmond branch. I did domiciliary and live-in during holidays. I really love doing live-in.

Used to be great company

Company used to be good to work for but not now as the manager and office staff arent trained enough and has no experience of running a care company.clients are lovely cant fault them.

Very good for learning care and getting to know clients

Management unresponsive to any queries. They are always stressing and trying to cover shifts. Lots of sickness cover asked but not recognised for being reliable and not passing shifts and being off sick.

Not very good

Pay rubbish, never any back up when you need it, managers have no idea of how to be a caring carer! Clients are ignored, extra calls added even when you say you can’t cope!! Your expected to do extra hours even on your days off, never given any incentive to go to work, and if you go off sick nobody believes you! They even phone you to work while your on your holidays! I’ve watched lots of carers leave because they can’t cope after being there for years! We are people NOT machines.

Pros

Meeting and helping clients

Cons

Don’t care about the carers

Not a good place to work

I loved my job but felt it was an “ if your face fits” you get on type of place. If I reported anything I felt it wasn’t taken seriously, the standard of carets went down hill in the time I was with the company.

HR is non existing

This is by far one the worst company i worked for. Manager was rude abrupt, saw my career as something to play with as they please. Complaint to HR gets ignored.

Pros

Non

Cons

Very bad management

Hard and rewarding work

Nice team to work with good in house training with regular updates. Opportunities to get certificates in health and social careFree uniforms good holiday pay scheme

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Long hours low pay

Understaffed and overworked

Office staff and helpful and clients are lovely, but were always understaffed. Constantly out working but with empty runs so sitting for long times in your car unpaid.

Pros

Good clients Friendly staff

Cons

Long hours Poor pay

Very stressful , little to no duty of care for staff

Zero HR no contract , rude office staff, will happily work staff untill they drop. Poor practice. Can earn well if they have the hrs if not you can be out for 15hrs sitting in car not earning for hrs at a time. Generally would not recomend

Pros

Work satisfaction sometimes

Cons

Office make their problems yours.

Bad Management

Really enjoyed the job to begin with, clients were lovely and felt supported. As time went on management grew less supportive, spoke down to us and only cared about time targets over care. Myself and colleagues would mention bad practice by others to management but nothing would be done about it. Took telling the care commission when they came in for anything to be done. Got told off and blamed for a not so good report. Rotas wouldn’t come out until a day before it was needed, client guardians would often try and get in contact with office staff but would he told the person they needed wasn’t in when in fact they were. Care plans weren’t updated for months after major changes were implemented. 2 friends who recently left the company handed back their uniforms and work phones but still had £180 docked from their holiday pay for “uniform”.

Pros

Met some lovely people

Cons

Awful management

I love my job

I worked with Allied for a year and left to work in a care home 7 months later i was back with allied. I love the running about, i love the clients and as long as you speak to the office they work round you (at the end of the day there not mind readers) i thouroughly enjoy my job and im back where i belong :) granted its not for everybody but if its what you enjoy and love then its perfect

Pros

Being out in the community

Cons

Could pay more fuel

Would not recommend

Bullying culture with office staffRinging you on days offFeeling under pressure to take extra care callsNot enough time between callsStaff being treated differently

Target driven, not care

I worked in recruitment for about 2 years. At first, we were taught about “who makes a good carer”, and recruited quality. That lasted about 2 months. Before long we were badgered for targets, numbers were the priority. Told to just get people into jobs, regardless of their ability to care. Management were a shambles, immature, micro management. Target driven, constantly threatened with the sack, no drive to do a good job for the right reasons. Awful company who should shift their focus to care not numbers

Terrible profit oriented company

Terrible profit oriented company, giving calls Miles apart and not paying travel time or giving you travel time at all in most cases. Management were at logger heads all the time and constantly trying to get one another in to trouble. We were told via the local news thag the company had gone in to administration and were being asked by clients family's if their loved ones would receive a call from care staff the next morning and were unable to answer. We were told two days later to abandon our posts and that we would be paid up to that day. 90% of the staff continued to attend calls without pay while alternative care packages were found. Shameful come any with no morals!!!

Cons

The company not too bad but they dont praise u when u do good

I am happy working with the customer they are well appreciated our care and always wling to go to there home to care for them and see to it they are happy in there own home.

Pros

Have to buy lunch and paid our owe bus fare

Cons

Part time

Terrible

Terrible place to work for and making you work god knows how many hours per week and no thanks for it and getting phone calls when other people have called off and saying they are adding more people on and leave you running about like a numpty then some days having no breaks and being stressed and management don’t help and if you call and say you can’t do all the clients you get told we’ll just need to get on with it. Terrible company to work for and also getting called on annual leave to cover shifts or being told you can’t get annual leave but the managers can and everything that management do wrong gets blind sited

Pros

Clients

Cons

Everything except the clients

It’s a job for the people with a good heart

I was working with Allied Healthcare 3 years and left the company only because they moved their office to a location which is much farther away, and the commute has become impractical.

Terrible

Clients absolutely brilliant. Office staff vile! Low low wages, run down your own car to which the office doesn’t care if you break down sending you all over the place. Having to work two runs and only being paid for one. Manager couldn’t care less about staff and only contacts you you to do extra work. No progression offered. Changed run at 5 minutes notice or extras added on at a moments notice. We as carers care about the clients we go into..office staff don’t . Also, make sure you take your holidays or they will bump you out off them as well! High staff turn over , no break, wage doesn’t cover cost of using your own car all day, petrol etc. I could go on and on! I though that working in care whether it be private, council or hospitals meant that everyone gave a dam about the people on the receiving end. My experience is the office staff and manager click away on their computers and rarely answer the phone to speak to you themselves, one person allocated to take the call and the person you want to speak to is never available (doesn’t want to talk to you) As long as there’s a body to a body that’s them covered…no one cares.

Pros

Clients

Cons

All of the above and more

Wouldn't recommend workin for this rubbish of a place

I would stay away from here, Pay is shocking, they offer u bonuses but never pay u the bonus, the new management speaks to u like rubbish, they don't have the time of day for u, ur forced/guilt tripped into picking up extra work when ur run off ur feet, as many Clints would say its not the fault of the carers themselves it's the office staff, they give away ur shifts and give it to agency staff, also staff are run off their feet so not always have time to have a break to eat or get a drink especially on hot weather really WOULD NOT recommend workin for this place stay away

Pros

Clients

Cons

Long hours, rubbish pay, no time for breaks

Terrible place to work

I have worked for allied for 13 years and have just handed my notice in as feel as if the management skills are terrible, place has gone downhill big time, no travelling time, big gaps between calls at times, rotas for customers never on time, Mar charts never available anymore, double up calls without a second carer available,poorly run, poor management, no appreciation shown ever and management know absolutely nothing about any of the clients never visiting them very poor and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Leaving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement