Allied Vehicles

Allied Vehicles Employee Reviews

You'll typically work 70+ hours a week for a rate well below minimum wage. It doesn't matter to them how much sleep you get in between jobs either, you could have as little as two or three hours to sleep between deliveries, thereby endangering the lives of yourself and other drivers on the roads. Indeed there's been more than a few smashes as a result and you can bet your backside you'll foot the bill for any damages. Don't do it if you want any kind of social life.
Not a nice place to be ugly and monotonous filled with boring mundane people who sucked the life out of you and you always felt like you where one day away from the sack ..fill of quiques and cronieism and was like reinventing the wheels ..owners the facenna brothers have built a company in a unemployment hot spot which employs about 600 people and have done well in that aspect but having worked for numerous companies in my working life I have struggled to find one worse than this experience
Pros
Cons
Horrible filthy monotonous
Tool's kept on getting moved.No amended job responsibilities after returning from the sick.No communication.Always short payed....................
Cons
Very long shifts
i found this job was perfect for myself the work and life balance was great. As a manger myself working with other departments had a relaxed atmosphere wasnt stressful. Also working closely with directors and CEO was great experience they all were hands with any tasks you had and very understanding to issues in the work environment.
Stated as a family run business that cares about it employee's. Not true at all it's all about money and numbers the sales staff earn more money than the guys building the car's. Very hard to get a pay rise must be able to do more than one job to even be considered, jobs must be done to time or under time plus you can't be late or absent through sickness.
Pros
Cons
to many to list avoid at all costs
Senior mangers and people who should know better provide staff with an unpleasant bully culture. Personally I prefer to work in a place where I know people are glad I turned up in the morning.
Pros
Cons
Many
I have been at Allied for over 5 years and have no complaints. I love working with the people in my team and the managers and directors are all approachable in my eyes. Currently i am on furlough due to covid 19.
Pros
Managers are very flexible & understanding
Cons
They cover up every mistake and health and safety is non existent... only jobs fir the boys some people get away with anything. A lot of sectarianism, awful place didn’t feel safe
Pros
Non
Cons
Bad management, poor pay
Worked as driver for week treated so bad and if you not well theyl not pay u which is against the law for reasons including illegal driving hours to england every day theyl try hold ur wages for the hours you worked transport manager needs wake up realise he cant rip people off as youl just go to solicitor infact hrmc would have a laugh with these people they take you on self employed to avoid tax and you need take them tribunal get wages out of order
Senior Managers have no respect for staff give false promises treat females different from males. No career prospects you'll be stuck doing same job forever. It has a bullying culture not a nice place to work.
Really enjoyed my time working for Allied Vehicles. Management and the team made me feel welcome. Felt really supported as during my time there I had quite a few family issues happening. Didn't want to leave in the end. Really a great place to work.
Cons
Started here as a vehicle assembler. The induction bared no resemblance to how things really worked on the shop floor. Health and safety measures were not bad but let down by lack of proper breathing apparatus to safely deal with noxious fumes from primers and terrible pigeon mess on a daily basis. You are given about 2 weeks to learn your "stage" then it's sink or swim. I would say more time is needed for most of them for you to become competent. There was a 4 day week in production, Mon - Thur, which , once you get used to it, was great to have 3 days off. The management were appalling, for me that is what really ruined the experience of working there. It became clear early on that they were not to be trusted by how they acted around employees and how they acted around the directors. The directors, however seemed a lot more genuine, approachable and willing to listen to employees except maybe when it came to better pay! The hardest part of the job was being messed about by management and not being supplied with the correct tools to complete your work, I still find it incredible a firm of this size allowed that to happen! The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting targets and making the bonus, which was very hard to do because, so many things outwith your control has to fall into place for this to be achieved. The workers on the whole were decent and a lot of the work carried out in there was at least semi-skilled but they were only receiving unskilled wages, shocking! Allied Vehicles has a very high turnover of staff, I would say terrible management accounts - more...
Managers are a complete joke, no people skills at all constantly talked down to with snide comments, don’t get proper training just shown how to do something once and expected to do the job and if u don’t do it on time you get a warning
Poor management between workforce and managers. 4 day week is great however it is long hours those days. Colleagues are easy to work with. Training and progressing through the company is difficult
Pros
4 day week
Cons
Difficulty receiving wage rise
Change of MD brought in a new culture of collaboration and direction. Face paced and plenty of opportunity to make commissions and progression. Family run business.
Not a great place to work also not terrible. It's a monday to thursday job but the higher ups dont really care about the workshop staff. Pay doesn't reflect the work carried out on the shop floor. They think 2 weeks training is adequate enough to get you upto speed on the strip and cut of vehicles.
While the salary was competitive, you are expected to put the company first above everything else. Lip service is paid to work life balance but unless you are working late and coming in early every day you are not seen as pulling your weight. This is not helped by the longer than average contracted hours in the first place and the lack of paid overtime for office workers. Employee benefits that have long become standard in the rest of the industry such as paid sick leave are only now being considered, however they seem to be grudgingly implemented with the bare minimum being offered. The owner's word is gospel; it doesn't matter what plans are put in place, what evidence is presented or what processes are implemented, if he decides it's not happening, it's not happening. And if your face doesn't fit then you will not last long. Employee turnover is very high as a result (roughly 20% per year). There is no trust in the business, everyone is constantly having to justify existence. Certain teams will happily stitch up others so as not to fall out of favour with the owner. Legislation and safe systems of work are seen as obstacles to be skirted around rather than rules to be followed. It is only a matter of time before the company falls foul of the authorities.
I just felt the time i was there i got more work than anyone and the fact it wasn't really for me. It was a good experience to learn new hings but in general i didn't like it.
Excellent place to work. Great feedback from the manager on all aspects of work. Friendly and fun place to work. Manager is fully supportive. I would actually still be there. But I left due to my mum having cancer.
Not a good place to work unfortunatley due to poor management which was replaced constantly plus high amount of staff turnover due to poor wages, management and unhappy enviroment.
I felt constantly like I was getting watched from our manager. The manager in my area hardly spoke to me and when he did it was awkward which made me uncomfortable. That's the reason I left
  1. Employee reviews