Allied World Assurance Company

Allied World Assurance Company Reviews

Intern for Political Risk and Trade Credit

Responsibilities included: Conducting research including, but not limited to, commodity market risk, country risk, sovereign risk and financial risk. Being present for team meetings and broker consultations. Had regular meetings with management staff who clearly strive to promote your personal development.

Amazing Company!

We work hard but we have a lot of fun, as well. Management is generally open to suggestions and everyone wants you to succeed. We have quarterly reviews, which sounds tedious, but they are amazing. There's nothing like having an hour of your boss's time to just talk about anything other that the day to day activity.

Limited upward mobility

I was an underwriter her for more than 3 years.ProsGood benefits esp. MedicalHands on learning ConsMostly AIG people, very buttoned up culture, If you’re in your 20s this is not a fun place to work as most management don’t want to socialize with their subordinates (they frown upon this, you can see the old school culture)They promote but as anywhere, very political, do what you are told environment and don’t ask questionsLimited distribution- business development doesn’t really help cross sellLimited recognitionCulture is bad they didn’t have WFH prior to COVID (it was based on groups), post covid it’s limited wfh.Compensation- I think this limited as well, if you are a senior uw these days you should be making more than 110K anywhere in NY

Pros

Benefits, hands on learning

Cons

Compensation, culture, limited diversity

Good company

Allied World Assurance is a good company to work for. Good growth opportunities, fair pay, bonuses, and good benefits. Overall it is a fine place to work.

I have no complaints.

I can say that this job has been good to me over the years I've worked there. I've learned a lot and it encourages learning about the company and what you can do to make your experience better. I also like the fact that there's a bonus. The medical isn't great but that can be said about a lot of companies. They also have a few clubs you can be a part of like mentoring. Overall, it's a good place to work especially if you're in a good department.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Healthcare

All new hire are celebrated with bagels, a mug and water bottle and taken out to lunch

A typical day is getting the job done in a timely matter. There is always something different to learn. The hardest part stopping what you are doing to answer the emails. That sometimes takes up your time. I enjoy the flexibility and benefits. They take out new hire for lunch and welcome them with bagels.

Excellent place to work

Good management, lots of room for growth. Team environment with lots of support from management. Everybody works together to get the job done, No one looking over your shoulder.

No formal training. Orientation all by computer. Need learn job in only s few weeks.

Poor management, supervisors inattentive. Training very minimal by unqualified reps. Improper vulgarity. No help from HR. No workplace activities or culture.

Pros

Nice cafeteria & benefits

Cons

Work during your breaks

Well liked in Industry.

I was a big salary and Company was cutting back due to outside purchase. I was asked to retire at age 64, given a package. I do not enjoy being retired and want to go back to work but it is hard getting interviews. I will settle for a salary that covers my expenses. I am a bargain.

Nice Workplace

Allied World Assurance Company was a nice place to work. People that I worked with were very kind. Only worked there very temporarily so don't have too much to say.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Temporary position

Would never work there again

If you are a woman, don't work there, you will be treated like a second class citizen. It's an old boys club and if you complain to HR they blame it on you.

Great place to work, friendly staff

I enjoyed working at Allied World Assurance. The company is a great place to work for, they are in the process of expanding so I see more great opportunities in the future.

Great work place

This company was a great place to work and a great opportunity to get the best learning experience. I loved everything about working there.

Decent Company to Work For

Overall, AWAC is a good company to work for. They offer great benefits and treat their employees with respect.

Great Place to work

Work life balance is excellent, great access to senior management who has large corporation knowledge

Pros

good benefits

Cons

systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allied World Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Learn about Allied World Assurance Company in popular locations

• Allied World Assurance Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?