Almac Group logo
Almac Group

Almac Group Employee Reviews

Growing very fast, systems can't cope

So many employees, most chase paperwork through the system. So much time spent creating, reviewing and filing paperwork. Lack of investment into computer systems for scheduling, documents etc. Which makes it very inefficient and prone to human error.If you oppose the views of the boys club you will be managed out the business. Remember who HR work for, don't trust them.Proud of their history and humble beginnings but need to focus on the future rather than banging on about the past. Good pay and safe working conditions. If Snr Management like you, eventually you will progress.

Pros

Great canteen, subsidised food.

Cons

If you're good they will exhaust you, relay heavily on a few talented people, so many meetings and so much pointless paperwork

Productiv

Working through agencies from the very beginning, you are not treated equally, bonuses that are granted to employees on the agency's contract do not belong, for example, for Christmas. There is general discrimination and your skills don't count when you want to apply for a higher position only with whom you know. The job is unstable it's hard to get a contract and overall it's a waste of time being there. Employees in the positions of Supervisor or Manager are poorly qualified and have little management experience. The atmosphere between employees in the company is very artificial and people are very two-faced to each other. As for me, it is a very specific place that I have not met so far

Pros

Bonuses only for full time employers

Cons

Long hours or send home for 4-5 weeks

Terrible place to work

Manager looking over your shoulder constantly. Bullying culture. Very us and them attitude. Everyone was ready to hang you to management to further their status in the co.

Pros

Short breaks

very slow pace

rather not, very slow the day drags, monotonous. management is there for you, culture i had better, hardest part waiting for work being delegated, most enjoyable part for me clocking out

Lab tech

Very busy job. Alot of walking about. High demands and no one time to train fully. At times it's relaxed . Like any place nice and some difficult people.

Well Paid

Excellent paid job, and lots of benefits and good bunch of workers . Really clean and light work ideal for someone who wants slightly less heavy duty Can't fault it .

Cons

call out

Fun place to work

Fun place to work although the routine will not change that often, i have learned a lot about the working of the industry and about data integrity regulations

If your face fits

As I was qualified etc for my role any input I tried to add to improve the process was shot down. Employees whom were under qualified got the roles as they where friendly with supervisors and management. My face didn't fit as I spoke up, had an opinion and my life was made unbearable.

Pros

Wages

Cons

Bullying, favouritism

Used to be a great company

It used to be a fun place to work but once Allen McClay passed away it changed almost overnight. His attitude was that people were his most important asset. Sadly that is no longer the case.

Good place, nice people to work with.

Very nice place to work at. I have worked with the team of good people. Salary is average but with different perks is good enough. Meals in the canteen are delicious and bit of the price is paid by Almac which makes it really affordable.

Pros

Partially paid good food, perks

Jobs at Almac Group

See more jobs

Face didn't fit

Started in Almac as agency worker hoping to soon progress to permanent position. After a year a full time position in a different department came up. I applied for job and got it. Downhill from there. Was made feel like a complete child by my new superviser they watched every move and I was never aloud to make a decision on my own. It seems if you have been there for years no one says anything to you (those staff don't know any different as it's been their only job) but I found it so demolishing and working there has knocked the confidence out of me. If the face doesn't fit supervisor and manager will nit pick every fine detail to get rid of you!!

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Some Supervisers will do anything to get themselves up the ladder in order for them to look Good!!

Horrible Place to Work

I worked here as a Project Manager. I had a lot of previous project management experience but felt that non of it was worth anything as you learn being a PM the ALMAC way. The job essentially was filling in data sheets and document templates, hosting meetings and phone calls all day while applying SOP's and work instructions (alot of them). Management is micro-managing and if you deviate from their expectations and do not follow instructions to the T than you have no chance of being successful. Working hours are min. 40h/week, not including your 30min lunch break and often extended well passed 45 hours per week. Working in the evening from home or on weekends and holidays is expected to meet the business needs but the company does not compensate for this at all. The salary and benefits were decent. Experienced, long-term employees have full-flexi which means they can make up their hours with working from home - providing them with a lot flexibility to look after their families. However, as new personal you have to be there between 10am and 4pm and also the time you need to make up 40 hours per week. As working from home is not counting towards your hours the flexi-time they pride themselves is worth nothing. Bottom line, if you want a job where all you do is following orders and instructions and are not concerned about a proper work-life balance, this company might be a good fit. If you cannot see yourself in such a place - do not bother.

Pros

Great Co-Workers

Cons

Long Hours, Micromanagement, High staff turnover, people are burned out.

ambiente lavorativo stimolante e flessibile

struttura all'avanguardia. possibilitĂ  di trovare persone competenti.

Pros

flessibilitĂ

Cons

stabilitĂ

Positive

Good company to work for, good chances to progress and really good employee forums and benefits. I highly recommend for anyone looking to apply. It different per department but overall very good

Benefits

Cons

Big business

Wonderful organisation

A great company and great experiences. A typical day would include packing pharmaceuticals into packaging. I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry.

Pros

Great facilities

Cons

Lack of parking spaces

Productive, good company culture

I work at Almac group a couple of year, it is a very good company to work with. They have very good training system which I learned a lot and expanded my experience. I did many different types of project from laboratory research to pilot plant manufacture, which enhanced my experience very much.

Almac Pharma Services

I was in Almac for 18 years. It was an enjoyable place to work with a few good managers, But a few who were not so good. Much the same as anywhere. I learned to operate and maintain pharmaceutical machinery.

Pros

Secure Job

Cons

Some management were under too much pressure to get their results.

well organised and clean place to work

I found Almac a very pleasant place to work, I was a senior operator grade 2 in Almac, as a senor operator i was given a team of 2-6 people assigned a room and operation to complete. A senior operator is responsible for everything that goes on in the room and everything that goes in and out of a production room as contamination of the product is unacceptable as it was being made for a patient. In Almac i leaned the importance or organisation and communication among staff, my fellow employees and i had a very good work relationship and never had any complications with any of them although 1 maybe 2 of the supervisors and one of the floor managers could of been a little bit more understanding at times but everyone has their days. I myself found the hardest part of the job was the fact of working the evening shift from 3:30 pm until 23:30 five days a week as with these hours a social life in non existent. All in all comparing it to other placers i have worked except for the hours it was the most enjoyable place i have worked so far

Pros

good opportunities to progress within the company

Cons

out of social hours

Office work in Almac

I was a summer temp in ALMAC, my job was to dispose of any documents belonging to a certain customer, making a copy of anything important. So, I learned the system that Almac used and now to navigate it. I worked under, a Project manager. The workplace was extremely professional. The Job wasn't to difficult. And what i enjoyed most was the conversations in the workplace

Pros

Excellent company

Cons

N/a

A very happy place to work in

Sadly for me my time in Almac was short and sweet. I was temping for nearly 12 weeks there. I met a lot of amazing people in Almac. I would go back in a heartbeat. I left Almac in July and haven't got a job yet that's suitable.

Pros

Every aspect of the factory

Progressive and challenging post

Multi-tasking was essential, as was priority management, customer satisfaction and continuous communication. Guidelines were frequently in a state of flux (most often customer driven) so teamwork was mandatory. Working to time pressures was both challenging and satisfying.

Pros

Many company perks

Cons

Communication needed improvement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Almac Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement