Almac Group

Almac Group Employee Reviews for Senior Operator

Very nice place to work at. I have worked with the team of good people. Salary is average but with different perks is good enough. Meals in the canteen are delicious and bit of the price is paid by Almac which makes it really affordable.
Pros
Partially paid good food, perks
As I was qualified etc for my role any input I tried to add to improve the process was shot down. Employees whom were under qualified got the roles as they where friendly with supervisors and management. My face didn't fit as I spoke up, had an opinion and my life was made unbearable.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Bullying, favouritism
I was in Almac for 18 years. It was an enjoyable place to work with a few good managers, But a few who were not so good. Much the same as anywhere. I learned to operate and maintain pharmaceutical machinery.
Pros
Secure Job
Cons
Some management were under too much pressure to get their results.
My day starts with handing Shipments to various Couriers from 15.30 to 18.30 which is the courier cut off time so its usually busy . Shipments have be manifested and marked of as they are finished for despatchto couriers. Then I would have to pick various medical protocols as per the picklist in the job pack which tell me what locator and floor I need to go to ,then I downgrade the product with a handheld scanner or I could be processing various protocols which have been picked and located on a shelf by the pickers. Processing is using a job pack that has the information that instructs you in the manner for that particular protocol and if needs to be shipped in a ambient or refrigerated or frozen conditions so approicate shipper will need to be selected and temperature monitoring device as per instruction . Then the paper work has to be completed for the job along with Air way Bills , invoices and import liences if applicable , plus the labels to be applied to the outside of the shipper ie Dangerious goods , handle with care , this way up , toxic , flamable etc . We also have to fill in a log to account for our time no matter what job we are doing. We have a lot of trainning to do when I started Almac and is on going as there is always changes and updates to the procedures. I've learnt a lot about Good Manufactures practice and Good Clinical Practice , and Health and Safety. On evening shift I've been very lucky to work with people that you could ask for any better everyone is plesent and very helpful we all get on well together. THe hardest part of my job is keeping the - more...
Pros
Health care, Pension
Cons
working evening hours