Alpenbest Care

Alpenbest Care Employee Reviews in Kingston upon Thames

I have been working for nearly 4 years. I have helpful colleagues and coordinator. I am happy with my work and being able to help the clients to make their daily life easy.
Workplace is very stressful , too many hours, too less carers, too many stressfull oncalls (for some) that you are pressured to do It doesn't matter if you do a good job- if you are on their bad books , you might as well resign as nothing you do will be appreciated. Office politics are rife. Pay is not the best and somehow, those who do not do much of the work seem to get the higer rates.
Cons
NO employee benefits/support
I have been working in Alpenbest Care for 2 months and overall I really like the job. The management team has helped me throughout the process a lot. Any request I make to the company they have helped me so far. The working hours and the salary are correct and upon your working hours you can balance your private life and work. In conclusion, the team is really friendly and supportive.
Pleasant working environment and good support available. Good working hours including office hours plus some weekends. Manageable workload and great attention to detail. Correct salary and opportunities for staff development.
I got this job when I was quite new in UK an my English was poor.It was a big help to start my carer job with them in 2014. I spent 3 years working for this firm. I'm really greatful for it. The wage was paid correctly every week.
It was quite a pleasant company to work for but I found the travelling from one destination to another very tiring as I was a carer and went to different people homes.
Organizational structure is laid back because you can always approach the top management team anytime you need help. They have establish process especially with policies.
I joined Alpenbest 4 years ago, started with no experience, the training that was provided alongside shadowing helped me understand the role better. Working as a carer is not easy but helping elderly people and seeing them happy gives a lot of satisfaction. If someone wants to progress and is willing to learn, can go really far. Started as a care worker and lastly joined office team. Lots of training, friendly, supportive team, flexible job...highly recommend
I loved working with Alpenbest and if it were not for certain circumstances in my life I would probably still work there. The environment is great, and there is a real progression path. If you want to progress and are willing to learn you can go really far. When I first joined I started as a care coordinator and then 3 years later I was a Finance Manager.
Pros
Great Progression, never a boring day, amazing team
Cons
Sometimes can get very busy and work can interfere with personal life
I worked at Alpenbest for 6 months and have good memories. I did long sitting calls and live- in days off. Since I do not drive, these shifts were perfect for me.
I work typical office hours. My job is to check records that carers take of medication and care given. It can be a bit repetitive, it can be stressful when some issues arise, but it's amazing because it's a lot of team work and you have mostly hardworking and fun people alongside you. Our managers are approachable and supportive. The hardest part of the job is to think that your task is never ending. What I enjoy a lot in the office is the diversity of people you meet, their work ethic and the different foods they bring.
Pros
Staff communication
Cons
Salary is not that great
I started as a Care Worker several years ago at Alpenbest Care. As I was a teacher back in my own country, I was given the opportunity to progress further with Alpenbest as a Trainer. They provided me with all the training and I am happy that I get to share my experiences and knowledge to new candidates ensuring that they understand the commitment and hardwork involved.
Pros
uptodate trainings; good culture
Working at Alpenbest is really fun. The Management and office team are a delight to work with. The only reason I would give them a low rate is because of the salary. For the amount of work there is the pay isn't that good.My advice to the Directors would be that you need to appreciate the amount of work the team puts it and they need to show their appreciation through the salary and other ways
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Not good pay for the amount of work there is
I joined Alpenbest Care 4 years ago and began as a Care Coordinator in the office. I have progressed to management level in the first year of working. I enjoy working with the team and at times the work can cause pressure, but I love solving problems and meeting challenges. The management team are very understanding and there is a great work ethic throughout the company. The team put on a Summer and Christmas parties to show their appreciation and bond with the team for the care workers working with Alpenbest Care.
Pros
Great team and work ethic. Very conscientious
Cons
Some pressure
Supportive and friendly team, nice location and work environment. Alpenbest gives you a great opportunity to learn new things and build your career. I highly recommend Alpenbest to everyone - employees and service users as here you can find a real help!
- Very vibrant culture - A lot of support from management - Enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with - Hardest part of the job was managing time
Pros
company car, car mileage, lots of hours
Cons
training is unpaid
Day to day activity involves supporting elderly with waking up, breakfast calls, personal calls. The role is very rewarding as end of the day, you are happy and well satisfied helping others' grandmother/father to lead a positive life.
Pros
free training, company car, good to make friends
Cons
Unpaid training
Workwise is good- you make friends- single calls and double calls- Weekend is different rate. If you are working full time, you can get company car. They charge you if you have accident which is not ideal.
lovely friendly company made good friends very vibrant culture day to day activity involves supporting elderly with waking up, breakfast calls, personal calls.
Pros
free training, company car, good to make friends
Cons
Unpaid training
Supporting elderly with personal care, mobility Tidying their house and feeding them breakfast, lunch and dinner. Everyday different challenges- happy to see smile on their face
Pros
free training, company car, good to make friends
Cons
management sometimes lack communication
Pros
free training, company car, good to make friends
Cons
management sometimes lack communication