Alpenbest Care

Alpenbest Care Employee Reviews for Care Worker

I have been working for nearly 4 years. I have helpful colleagues and coordinator. I am happy with my work and being able to help the clients to make their daily life easy.
I have been working for alpenbest for 3 months and based on my experience so far, everything is fine. Salary is correct, working hours are correct. everything officially goes. Whatever request I make to the company, they have always been helpful so far. During all this time, I am maximally satisfied. There is a good balance between working time and leisure which is important to me.
The management is very supportive and it is a very good company to work for, if you are willing to earn more money with working hard. The balance between the private life and work is not optimal as the working days are very long, usually from 7am to 9/10pm. The traffic in Guildford is terrible during the day, this can hold you back from being in time. On the other hand if you want to be protected and supported by the management, here you definitely get it.
I joined Alpenbest 4 years ago, started with no experience, the training that was provided alongside shadowing helped me understand the role better. Working as a carer is not easy but helping elderly people and seeing them happy gives a lot of satisfaction. If someone wants to progress and is willing to learn, can go really far. Started as a care worker and lastly joined office team. Lots of training, friendly, supportive team, flexible job...highly recommend
Sometimes you have 14 hours day work and very dificult clients The most important problem is job culture and managment They are recruiting all people and it doesn't matter qualification.
Day to day activity involves supporting elderly with waking up, breakfast calls, personal calls. The role is very rewarding as end of the day, you are happy and well satisfied helping others' grandmother/father to lead a positive life.
Pros
free training, company car, good to make friends
Cons
Unpaid training
lovely friendly company made good friends very vibrant culture day to day activity involves supporting elderly with waking up, breakfast calls, personal calls.
Pros
free training, company car, good to make friends
Cons
Unpaid training
During the periot of time I've spent working as a care worker in this company my day started at 6a.m. and finish at 9p.m. I did enjoy working with service users but I did not have time in my life for nothing else. From my paycheck company took money for using company car and I needed to pay for petrol (they do not pay back for that).
Pros
nice service users
Cons
long day at work, they did not paid back traveling expences
It is hard to find out personal life after job because it is spread over time and communication between office and you does not work well
Pros
helping people
Cons
work spread over time
Very nice, helpful care team. The most enjoyable part of the job is first day after day off when Clients show they miss me :)
Pros
very nice care team :)