ALS People

Working at ALS People: 43 Reviews

United Kingdom43 reviews

paygoodcompanytimeworkingjobworkpeople

Horrible

Horrible I did not like it at all. I really wish I hadn't worked here, they are horrible people who do horrible things... I feel so sorry for humanity that places like this exist.... they literally destroy good humans they take naive vulnerable young people and take advantage.. I suppose we can only hope for one day the Lord shall return. In that case I shall rejoice and be glad

Happy enough

Happy enough to work at Covid Site bring employed by ALS.Pay was reasonable. Excellent breaks throughout the day and weekly pay. I hate monthly pay! Thanks.

Pros

Good breaks

Insights into ALS People

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Do not recommend

The company do not pay you correctly, do not give sick pay and try to avoid paying holiday pay once you've left the company, even when they are the ones who cut the contract! It's a nightmare to get in contact with anyone to resolve the issues! Avoid this company at ALL costs!

Good office/equipment; Nice Excel functions and formulas in use

Was employed mainly as a recruiter - have no reasons to complain, really;no any micro-management, no helluva drama when train delayed/cancelled (thus no stress); have not been ‘extra ustilised’ by a Director, whatsoever, despite shrinking daily duties over the course of last weeks. Free access to business-admin refresher trainings on-line, business mobile/laptop, contractual option of taking holiday in advance. Advanced Excel spreadsheets; neat, equipped with functions and formulas, containing separate ‘print out’ pages for KPI. Would willingly continue my employment recruiting with ALS People, if not a change of circumstances.

Pros

British work ethic, comfortable office hours, satisfactory salary delivered timely

Cons

Not everyone used to print both-sided, neither had good Excel knowledge

Loading shovel operator

Worst agency out there!!! Promised me a job, cost me half days pay from my current job with there false promises!! Avoid this s**t company as much as you can !!!!!!

Pros

Lies

Cons

Lies

Need someone from ALS to be local

Micro managed from top to bottom. Management never listened to anything staff had to say. Wages were more time wrong than right. I left in Oct and still haven't been paid for holidays owed.

Pros

Most of employees were great to work with but no continuity between youngest and olders

Cons

Micro managed to the hilt

Vraiment fun

C'est-à-dire que c'était réellement prenant comme job et tous le monde était très gentil avec moi je le conseille bien volontiers à des jeunes sportifs

Good team members

Raised a concern about a member of staff for reasons that concerned the safety of other staff . Nothing was done and the staff member is still there.

Cons

Hard work and bad management.

This company is to be avoided at all costs. You will work harder than you've ever done before; their managers are ignorant and only care about you being there to fill their own pockets.You won't ever receive the correct amount of hours you have worked for, because you don't sign out and breaks, plus early leaving, is down to the staff at Yodel.Also, if too many have turned up, they will find an excuse to replace you on that day.

Pros

Cons

hard work, long hours and weong amount if pay.

Poor management

This company never get wages right and after leaving they have not paid holiday owed as promised to me, good luck when trying to contact them with a problem, no answer or answer phone

If you dont want paid and like false promises its the job for you

Currently working at a covid test site, and have been owed over 500 for the past 2 weeks, with false promises made about when I'll be getting paid. Absolute joke. They are literally holding government money from me and other people on our site. The employers are terrible and don't answer your calls or texts most of the time, the communication is so bad. I really don't reccomend working for these people.

Pros

I struggle to think of one

Cons

Dont get paid, False Promises, Terrible Employers

Simply the best

One of the best agencies out there. Always very helpful and to the point. No issue too big for the account managers on site. Really appreciate all they have done for me in securing work.

Easy but boring work

worked there for two days, got sacked after being sick in work then the manager calling me 2 days later to say I haven't been "upbeat" enough for the job. very boring and time consuming but good pay.

Pros

money

Cons

The place is great to earn some income

So far working with this organisation I have found that I am able to do certain amount of tasks even I didn’t know I could do. Overall I am thankful for the job.

Pros

Paid Lunches

Cons

Very far from home

Worst agency ever

I started working for ALS managed services in 2020 as a covid operator. Since I started the company I’ve just been messed about! They chop and change accounts with some made up company to basically dodge paying your taxes or pension. When you ask for help or need a question answered you get absolutely no reply or you’ve to wait a long time for an answer!!!Management are poor and they will do anything to mislead you when you’re actually right and they are in the wrong! The job advertisement was totally false and I had to end up working more hours than I was suppose too! I will never work for them again or any agency. I gave them no notice and just quit what a waste of my time

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no pension paid, bad management

Worst Company to work for !

Refused to pay sick pay ! After being taken to hospital with Covid, which was caught due to lax sanitisation and inforcement of procedures to protect you.Refused to pay compassionate leave.Managers never return or answer phone calls.Training is useless.Complete joke, would not recommend this company to ANYONE!

Pros

Cons

Being an employee

Welcoming and friendly

As a COVID tester, I find this role rewarding. Day to day contact with the general public is one of the main objectives along with undertaking a purposeful and necessary task of supporting the NHS. Hopefully there will be an opportunity to remain and continue in the role as I do I enjoy the atmosphere that’s driven by all of us in the working environment. I recommend ALS, their communication is good as well as their support for the employee.

Pros

Good pay, friendly environment.

Cons

The Team Leaders should be direct and take charge more as they are earning more.

Fun and overall a great job

Love working hereEveryone is so friendly and always have a laugh My hours are long but it doesn’t feel like it We are all completely different people from different backgrounds but we all get along so well

Pros

The people, free lunch, The pay

Cons

Long hours (not too bad though)

Hard and dirty work

I had a good experience at levenseat through ALS even though the agency is a bit off-putting at times they are keen to get you through the door but not willing to help afterwards as much.The job role is hard going long hours the teams there are great management is good on the sorting line they try and help out the best way they can.

Pros

Good people there

Cons

Agency

excellent workplace

if your looking for long term employment, this is the place to be. I have worked here for over 3 years now and love my job. working alongside a great bunch of guys and girls, and the agency are amazing, anytime i have had a problem it has been sorted quickly. The lady from the agency was interesting and very informative about the job role during the interview. the managers on site are good and always willing to help. i highly recommend working on this site.

Pros

everything

helpful and professional

really good place to go to when you in an urgent need for a job. All processes went smoothly both with recruitment and later when I needed more support. Would recommend it to others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALS People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement