ALSTOM

ALSTOM Employee Reviews

This was a temp post, I did not expect it to last. I felt my manager would have kept me on, be he had constraints preventing this. The business was being transferred to a new owner and so budgets were very tight. They used SAP, my first encounter with this particular software. Hopefully my last!!
Pros
Historically important site
Cons
really hard to get to.
Good company, informative, only let down were a few people who you would get in any company Of this size. They did their work well tho , personal skill were lacking.
Pros
Good pay and leave benifits
Cons
Shift work
I have enjoyed my time here at Alstom it’s my second time working for this company.It has been wonderful coming to do a totally different role and learning new skills.
Cons
Ensured that all preparations for document submissions were placed within a specific timescale. Had the capacity to seek support when workload accumulated rapidly, especially during commission dates.
Pros
Atmospheric environment
Cons
Little feasibility of learning new skills
It was interesting job but the company become more difficult to work with with cut of staff numbers and tasks , also perment staff are lazy and they bully anyone who start new
Pros
Continues jobs
Cons
Staff difficult to work with
Fast pace company... very attention to detail... some really helpful skilled personnel... some very unwelcoming staff as well... If your from an agency you will be picked up and dropped as and when.... told duration of job is longer than it actually is. .
cleaning work cabins & offices ,store man, taking deliveries of stock ,ordering new stock.keeping area clean & tidy keeping to the safety rregulations on site, replenishing water bottles on different floor levels in the boiler house, reporting to site manager
Poor Mental Health is a major concern for those working there and most workers there suffer from it. Avoid this place like the bubonic plague. office staff are lazy with long serving floor staff hostile to newcomers.
Pros
leaving the place
Cons
hostility
Well run good to workforce, opportunities to progress good work life home life balance training given good training a good business to work for, Worth going
I enjoyed my time working at Alstom as a paint sprayer on the pendolino Project. Excellence health and safety and great communications between managers and employees. I would definitely go back to Alstom given the opportunity and highly recommend the place
It's an alright company too work for really depending on what part of the company you in I guess. With me I worked away lot of the time so I am never at home with the kids or the mrs. That is the hardest part of the job.
Flexible work time, work from home available, work is not interesting for electrical engineers, training approvals are delayed. Management has no strategy for work force utilisation.
The work life balance at Alstom Stafford was a major factor when i worked there, insofar as everybody want to facilitate a healthy balance and to do so were happy to work conscientiously through out the week to get the job done.
Spent 13 years here in various roles and under many company names.Learnt a great deal but also felt as though I offered the company a lot. I totally bought into the improvement of the planning department and I think it was heading in the right direction.
Friendly environment to work in, very relaxed timeframes for job completion on the shop floor. A wide range of different jobs available to work. There’s a lot of Versatility in terms of maintenance jobs.
Pros
Half Day Fridays, Relaxed Environment
Enjoyed my time at Alstom Good company to work for Gave you the opportunity to enhance your career and use your skills Good salary and good working environment.. Also great flexibility over working hours
Employees can learn a lot of skills and experience on different aspects. Work is full of challenge. People are nice. Benefits are good and salary is OK.
You don’t get time away from there The management are total idiots You can never keep the bosses happy They always want more No matter what you do you get screamed at
Pros
Management are idiots
Cons
Good lads okay money
I worked in a team of 15 men, I was the only female in that team, with one manager in charge, who I found to be very kind, outgoing personality, had a joke here and there. Loved working with the lads, each of them different. I was saddened to have left the company due to redundancies after working 6 years for the company
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Objectives and reviews every 6 months
Amazing add benefits, perfect work / life balance.
Pros
Very structured company
Cons
Very structured company
wasn’t aware that my Time at the company was ending until last minute
Pros
working with friends
Cons
Long hours, no job security, work every Saturday night
  1. Employee reviews