Alto Automotive Limited

Working at Alto Automotive Limited: 5 Alto Automotive Limited Reviews

United Kingdom5 reviews

Poorly pair and ancient trucks

Be warned this place is monthly pay, the trucks are mostly old 62 plate Volvos, they dont pay for parking, they have a huge turnover of staff and are without doubt the poorest paid transporter company about. Most of it is car shop work there is no new car work. Probably better to avoid this place and go and work for BCA where you get weekly pay, better trucks and conditions. Ask yourself this, why are they always desperate for dirivers?

Challenging but rewarding

I’ve been working for Alto for 8 months and was new to transporters. Was made to feel like part of the team from the get go and everyone was spot on with questions and assistance when I wasn’t sure. No such thing as a stupid question here. Office are sound as long as you crack on with your job and try as best as you can. Work hard and you’ll earn good money, will be given descent kit to use and good loads. Love working here, best job I’ve had with a good bunch of lads to have a laugh with along the way.

Pros

Good pay, free hot drinks, new trucks.

Cons

Long hours, nights out.

Insights into Alto Automotive Limited

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility

Seem quite relaxed and you get left to get on with your work.

Overall a good firm to work for. The work is varied so no day is the same. I’ve been with the company for 3-4 years and I would say it’s one of the top firms I’ve worked for in the car transporter industry. Modern fleet of vehicles that are serviced regularly. Can’t fault the owners/ management. Never had an issue 👍🏼

Pros

Modern fleet, varied work

Made welcomed

first week of joining the company they have teamed me up with a buddy to show me each aspects of the business and when needed they are there to support me with my training.

Pros

free drinks

Cons

Not a pleasent working environment

A nasty and vindictive office run by juvenile spoilt brats. They Speak down to drivers. Expect and push driver's to work through there breaks. The company car bonus is TOP SECRET. It is frowned upon to dare to have the audacity to question your randomly made up car bonus. All defects will become rolling defects and drag on and on...meaning you are running with unsafe decks, gaffer taped electrics and leaking hydraulics. The so called trainer is absolutely a joke. Just a glorified strap checker and office spy grinder.

Pros

Errrmmm

Cons

They go the extra mile on your last day to make sure it's a late one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alto Automotive Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement