Amazon Flex

Amazon Flex Employee Reviews

United Kingdom347 reviews

Found 347 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,234 reviews

Too much water

There's alot of multi drops, seven parcels, seven houses, but calculated as one stop. Sometimes rude customers. Payment is OK, better if you own a van.

Easy job, good pay

Just get in your car, go to the warehouse and load the packages then you are on the way. The routes are quite good in the West Midlands area, you can do them in the mentioned time without having to run around too much. As long as you make sure to read what the app says about safe places you should have no problems.

Pros

Easy relaxed job, Choose your own hours

Cons

Route back to warehouse can be quite long

Not enough work

Poor management Poor payNot enough work Using own car isn't worth itToo many city centre runsConstantly checking app on time offFuel costs eat into profits

Productive and funny place

Its not bad the routes are calculated for finish in maximum 9 hours , they pay routes per day and you not pay for nothing no fuel no van simple like that

Productrice

Quite productive, choose own hours so flexible in that sense. Would recommend alongside another job. Good work life balance as blocks are in 3 hours, can choose to add as many as you want.

No benefits

Pay isn’t great for how far out they expect you to drive. Racks up a lot of miles on your vehicle and ruins your car with the roads you go down.

Long hours for nothing

Long hours 10am get home at 10pm can't stop for a break 22p a mile paid by Amazon don't get paid for going back to customers what are not in the frist time a lot of drivers are leaving now as lockdown is over just about

Amazon delivery

Fast paced, stressful by the traffic and lacking parking spaces, paid only for hours when you start first delivery until you finished the last one, in the way back ti the depot can take over 2 hours if is busy traffic, you’re not getting paid for that.

Every day is different

Ideal as a second/supplementary income. You can accept as much or as little work as you want to do, though I believe you have to do at least 1 block per month in order to stay on their list. The app is not brilliant although they have made some improvements over the last few months. The main downfall is the navigation, but I always have my Sat Nav running in tandem with the app, and I find this very helpful at times. There is a Driver support facility in the app that you can access if you have a problem, but they are next to useless so I only contact them if I really have no option. Is usually best to sort out problems yourself. There is always more than one way "to skin a cat" as the saying goes.

Underpayment

After paying fuel change and sometimes Central London congestion charge Less than £10/hour final earning. Always they create pressure to finish job quickly. Stressful job.

Overall, I enjoy this job, working alone and when I want. The main con to me is not being able to talk directly about situations to a human

Excellent job for those that have other responsibilities as very flexible, if an emergency arises, you can cancel right up to 45 mins before a shift.Would only recommend as a side gig/ for extra cash to supplement other income as you can’t always rely on getting jobs to suit you.I love being outside in most weathers and travelling to places I dont normally go, also like chatting to the customersThe app is a pain sometimes, no signal, wrong pin, not brilliant navigationThe most annoying thing is not being able to chat to a human about feedback, eg, parcels too large or heavy, impassable roads, customer anomalies etc, questions answered by a botThe most obvious reason a person may need to speak to a manager Is about getting dropped from the programme with no explanation, it hasn’t happened to me but I read a lot of this on the forums

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Human to human explanation about certain situations you have encountered

Fun but not worth the money

Not worth the money unless rates are increased due to high mileage. In one 3-4 hour slot you can do 60-100 miles with a base pay of 40-54£ which is not worth it with the cost of petrol right now.

good workplace

it is easy work for good pay. sometimes can be stressful and routes are spread out and take longer than others, but overall routes are easy to follow.

It's ok, could definitely be better.

Nice intro to the job, being given time to get used to the vans and the system. Poorly designed system, using 3rd party apps that management seem to have no input over. Managers under constant pressure from Amazon.

Fun workplace

Enjoyed my time there but time for a new challenge, would have been better if it wasn't a different route/area every single day but that's just part of the job.

fast paced but could be ran better.

Work was easy, but leaving the depot nearly 12pm wasn't ideal. The cheek of some supervisors and management. if you were a little bit behind even if you hardly ever were there was a cheeky message sent to you. Certain drivers always falling behind taking the p***, everyone else suffered for it. "can you do me a favour" for the 100th time, knowing you had to help other drivers which genuinely never bothered me if it wasn't the same ones having to help. Pay was good and didn't often do the full days work which was ideal. But the management ruined it for me.

Pros

good pay, no need to pay for van.

Cons

management. Haggling you even if you are going as fast as you can.

Great independence

Pick shifts qs and when they come up.Depot staff are super lovely in ExeterPay always on timeOnce you get the hang of it and work.our your system it's easy as pie. I love doing it@@

Pros

Work for yourself

Cons

Could be more shifts

Good place

Very fast paced place to work in. Working as a delivery driver will get you rushing about, running from a house to another and usually the routes are made so you don't finish early unless you skip steps which will lead to disciplinary action

Easy job

It’s a fun easy job, it is good money when the shifts are enhanced. You can choose your own hours which is good. However it is not guaranteed hours so is unreliable at times

Pros

Good money

Cons

Unreliable shifts

Great part-time job

Great part-time job good opportunity to earn extra cash. Low engine car or diesel be better easy work. With fuel price rise jobs could pay more if honest

Pressurised Stressful Undervalued Unkind

Just horrible, I worked for them for a year. I really have no words, just unkind, unprofessional, no one to take a problem to except “customer support” in another country which often didn’t answer the phone. Very difficult and challenging job at times, no recognition for not being able to park close to the customer address, no recognition for weather conditions and traffic. All just faceless and harsh and all about humanly impossible target times to deliver parcels on some shifts. Would not recommend to anyone. Knocked my confidence in my abilities massively at the end. Also you are told to always wait for the customer to open the door but I began to realise at the end no way to achieve the unrealistic expectations unless you cut corners, and have another person in the car helping you. I’ve always been professional and paid attention to delivering good customer service, that’s why I didn’t fit I guess. Stay clear of them if you are a professional, hard working and care about the service you offer to customers.

Pros

The ONLY one is you get your payment quickly into your bank ac each week.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon Flex. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement