Amazon Flex

Amazon Flex Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

Found 102 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,816 reviews

A fun enjoyable job and I can work when I want.

I love working for flex. Its a fun job in my own car and I can work what days I want and have as much time off as I want. Im my own boss which is also a positive and I love driving. Amazon flex is fantastic I love it. However I wish I could work more hours than I currently am. 24 hours isn't really enough but it still brings a solid salary in weekly.

Pros

Can work any days I want

Cons

Not enough hours and wear and tear

Waste of time

By far the worst job I have ever done. Everything depends on the app, nothing depends on you. Salary might seem like not too bad at first glance, but you have to consider that not only you have to pay tax off of it but also cover your petrol, all car expenses, insurance etc, which then boils down to you earning £4-5 an hour and even that is not always guaranteed as your delivery blocks can vary massively and sometimes require you to drive huge distances resulting in 1 hour return journeys, which cuts into your salary even more. Management is atrocious as again most things are done through the app (and believe me when I say that the app f*cks up ALL the time) and the only way for you to sort out anything is to email them and they can take ages to reply and sometimes just outright ignore you and do not reply. You can get your account deactivated for literally anything and you have no way to prove that amazon or the app are wrong (happened to so many people who I know, you can't appeal anything they just ignore you), so it's essentially 0/10 job security. Apart from having actually flexible working hours (but even that depends on the blocks you get and sometimes you can't get what fits you or can't get a block at all), there's absolutely nothing else going for it. It's just pure exploitation, just like anything that Amazon does.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Everything else

Rushed

Long hours, rarely time for breaks, poor navigation system particularly in rural areas, sometimes to many parcels to fit in your van. Spent most days racing round to get finished. Regularly ended up going up lanes or drives with no turning areas so had to reverse back down in the dark, which ironically was one of Amazon’s safety policies not to ever reverse.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Long hours which makes pay not so good

Waste of time ,stay away'

You will travel 60-80 miles a day for 45 -52.50 £ You will deliver around 40+ pacels Shifts are not guaranteed and you will waste hours and hours on waiting until you get offer which can be already taken by different driver.If you like your car and you are not really desperate then stay far away from Amazon flex

Very flexible job

Good for students and as a extra work during free time or as a job during Covi 19 crisis.Many stations to pick up the parcels around different regions.

Pros

Driving in your own car, no stress

Cons

Sometimes too many stops for reserved block

Useless

Working here is a rip off by the time you pay van hire and fuel you don't earn much plus the longer your working day is the less your hourly rate is so could be getting less than minimum wage .They hold five weeks money for damages to can but even if you return a van with no damage you never get the money that is owed to you

Good work if you can get it.

Too many people chasing too few jobs. This is not a good year to work in Kent. Completely flooded. Not that its amazons fault.Zero hours job, you have no contract.

Pros

regular weekly pay

Cons

Station workers needs a change of attitude. They never appreciate anything.

Good balance, low money

Worklife balance is good, money were good until they onboarded thousands of drivers, increased number of deliveries, miles driven and reduce pay rates.

Thieves!

Never paid after weeks of working for them! Bad working practices and nuisance management! Plenty of staffing complaints and people laid off for overdemanding requirements with no pay!

Amazon flex experience.

A job that offered a flexibility around working hours to suit me and my family. A job that was different everyday, never two days the same. The pay was good and paid on time. Never any problems.

Hard work, hard on your car

Not worth the money. It ruins your car, all the stopping and starting, and sometimes you could drive over 100 miles for £52, and it’d take 4 hours - once you’ve factored everything is, it’s simply not worth it. Sometimes you could be really lucky with your route, but more often than not it was too hard for the money.

Not for the faint hearted

Poor allocation of delivery areas I live in Blackpool but in over a year of work with them only ever had three local drops All the others were spread over Wigan Chorley Manchester Southport Preston Blackburn Burnley all with no extra pay for travel and way to many jobs for the time allotted

Amazing

Extremely flexible, hence name, fits great around home life, pay rates great, especially at xmas, only downside, depending on area, blocks can be sporadic, some areas better than others, but highly recommended.

Lack of instruction, to much work load

Pay was not good so you barely made £20 doing one shift, would not recommend for anyone to work there. You drive to the depot and your car is full of packages and they can send you anywhere and the maximum you can make on a shift is £60. Not worth the stress for this kind of money.

Average company

To get a job for today you have to bid in the App for several minutes to an hour or two. They pay £15 an hour, but the journey at average is many miles, so in total you receive about £8 per hour.

Is a good job if like driving

Is a good job if like driving with your car and feel the freedom, you can make good money if you work all day, however you'll need to expect to make long journeys away from home.

Pros

Sometimes you can deliver quickly

Cons

Long journeys, sometimes customers are not available for signature and need to return the packages to the depot

Pros and cons

Even though the job is very physically demanding, the management sometimes provided benefits such as dominos pizza during busy periods like Christmas. You start off as a picker, picking peoples orders by reading orders off a scanner, i.e. which aisle, bin, item and bag to scan. This is by far the worst of the tasks and you're stuck on it at best for the first couple of months. If you don't meet the set pick rate (at park royal it was 140 items per hour) within a couple/few weeks time you'll most likely get the sack.

Pros

The other associates, nice break room, food every week, decent pay if you get the hours

Cons

Supervisors are more like managers, if you're sick and cannot come in you get a warning, 3 absences in first 3 month =sack, very depressing as you tend to work alone, get scolded for talking to other associates as it will lower your 'rates', the training is poor-you have to learn to do most tasks by watching other associates, can be very difficult to get overtime especially during summer holidays, they post too few hours and you get them on a first come first served basis, very competitive, so you end up working harder because you're compared to workers who go way above and beyond

Meeting new people workinv as a team

I was so happy to work in there The salary its was perfect for me , but it was a bit press about some supervisors i think it was cause of the bisy time xmas time . You meet great people and you learn abaut them.

Pros

Canteen free

Cons

No breaks in 6h

good but...

Amazon flex is great to work for as a second job, however slots are not always available and only around the same time each day, would be better if you were able to do different start times. I have received emails stating work will be available on bank holidays and this hasn't been the case

Euromillions lottery

Sometimes you get the orders in your location or nearby in this case the job itself is not that bad depending on the number of parcels you get. But usually you would get parcels 30+ miles from you distribution centre making 4hour block earning of 52£ to shrink by at least half - SO YOU ARE BASICALLY WORKING 4 hours for 6.50 per hour - WITH NO PENSION, NO HOLIDAYS, NO BENEFITS. I would only recommend this place if you in desperate need of cash or as a part time job once in a blue moon.

Pros

Working on your own or with partner

Cons

Salary, no petrol money, no orders, dodgy warehouse staff

Amazon won't even recommend them to my worst enemy

Worked a few week for Amazon was told every 2 weeks you get paid for the 2 weeks turns out every 3 weeks you get paid for one week which is impossible to pay your bills on time and the loads don't get me started on that 270 parcels in one day they call that a 6 hour route AMAZON MODERN DAY SLAVERY SAVE YOUR SELFS!!!!!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon Flex. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement
  • Amazon Flex
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?