Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 5,223 reviews matching the search
Work - The works are easy if you put your heart to it. But it can be disastrous if your fellow associates don't care about what they do and mess things up. Management - Some managers are good but some just see you as a number. They don't show appreciation to associates who are actually the backbone of the operation. Very seldom do they ask for feedback from associates. Work environment - covid-proof, 2 meter social distancing is strictly observed. Everyone had safety training but things can get out of hands when associates are pushed to pick quickly. Pay - fairly good for warehouse work but it comes with a reasonMost colleagues are nice though. That's the bonus to the job. Otherwise you will feel like a robot.
harassed and bullied. you are just a number to themtiring and overworked but it was bearable. watch out for team leaders as they will be very two faced.
Pros
drinks
Cons
hours and not enough break time
The management are very stand-off-ish and are only nice to you when they need something. Worked like a dog and was never appreciated or recognised. You aren’t recognised for good work and you’re just another associate to the management and supervisors. You are more than likely put on one task and rarely swapped the entire time you work there eg stowing or picking. A ridiculous amount of ethnicity favouritism amongst supervisors and associates which is very uncomfortable if you don’t speak the same language. There’s barely any work for AM shift so I’d suggest working nights if you need more money and there is no guarantee of shifts you get put on standby a lot meaning you may only work once a week.
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Bad management, they don’t care about your availability, you must tell them multiple times or risk being sanctioned for their mistakes, very rude colleagues, too many chefs not enough cooks
Grate department grate team grate fun all training was good if you kept it head down and work targets are easy to meet but Amazon made it a fun place to work too
Worked at Amazon for..3 and half year. Regular shift pattern. Decent salary and company benefits. Enjoy the challenge work the same days each week which suit alot of people plan their home life
Pros
Regular shift pattern and company benefits
Cons
Long hours and repetitive
Great place to work. Its cheerful, and a wonderful place to work at if you are a nightowl, nice environment so positive and uplifting and a lot of different cultures diverse into a company.
The fun exciting environment that's advertised is not what occurs in your daily job. They'll pretend to play music and be playful when training but that ends as soon as you start the work. Managers and recruitment agency do not care for their staff and choose permanent staff based on which culture you come from. Your shifts will also change without warning, full time to 10hrs a week.
Pros
Pay
Cons
You're just a number.
Very un-organised and foreign staff very incompetent for higher roles such as team leads or managers.. Lack of communication between managers and team leads is very bad to non existence Go with the flow attitude or get sacked Treat you as a number, nothing more and work rate is way too much for a normal person. No breaks apart from 30 mins dinner break. Only thing good was the money on night shift.
Pros
night shift pay
Cons
work rate expected is too high.
Enjoyed first couple of weeks there, but then shifts were getting cancelled with two hours notice. When working nights and you have slept the whole day it ruins your whole day. No interaction allowed with other employees. Constantly shouted at and treated like children. Released from work with no explanation. No feedback from management. Management had 2 brain cells between the lot of them. If you're happy to be just a cog in the machine this is a great job. Mind-numbing. If one person does anything wrong the whole shift is punished. Nothing learnt at all. I knew many people that had tested positive for Covid but nothing was relayed to staff.
Pros
Free protective clothing
Cons
No communication or security
On my first few days I was put to work on stowing where I had to scan parcels and put them into the correct delivery bags which was fine but I wasn’t given much training on this and made many mistakes, I didn’t know what to do until it was explained to me by another worker, however once I had his input it was nice and easy. Picking is a nice easy job but can be very fast pace at some points. My favourite job inside amazon I would say is any of the jobs working on induct. Back end night shifts (Thurs-Sat) you definitely get more variety in which job you are given whereas front end (Sun-Weds) is far more repetitive in the job you are given.
Pros
Mostly Friendly Supervisors, friendly co-workers, equality of all backgrounds.
Cons
Front end shifts can be repetitive and seem much less enjoyable
Sometime its so busy and sometimes its so calm but the best thing for me was when its quiet and nothing to do you can socialise with other people and make friends and the managers would not say a thing. The worst for me would probably be when they used to put me on housekeeping but very rarely they do that.
Pros
Own locker
Cons
Unpaid 2 30 mins break
Had the best 2 months ever at ema3 eastwood. Brilliant bonuses brilliant overtime brilliant people and everyone buzzing and working hard. It was this that convinced me to get transferred to ema2 mansfield and carry on with a great new career.....What a load of rubbish and absolute concentration camp ema2 has turned out to be. All bonuses gone and every shift leaving u miserable and lonely. No one cares about you here. No one is happy here. I wouldnt do this job if it paid a grand a week its that soul destroying.
Pros
EMA3 everything
Cons
Ema2 paid slavery
Worked as a part time fulfilment picker at Avonmouth. 20 hours per week Monday- Thursday shifts started at 6pm until 11pm. I really only took this job to break the boredom of working from home as I have a full time job but working from home since lockdown. The job was very boring no opportunity for social interaction. You are continually monitored for your scan/pick speed expected to be picking 300 items per hour, lots of twisting turning, kneeling and stretching. Very physically demanding and expected to keep this rate up for the entire 5 hours as you don’t any break. Good money but a job for someone much younger than me I’m 48 and thought I was reasonably fit for my age. The working environment is very sterile and on entering and leaving the building you feel like cattle being herded.
Pros
Not bad pay
Cons
Very physically demanding job for 5 hours without a break.
It may differ as I'm in a smaller unit, but the management are great, always helpful and listen to you, although the jobs difficult the pay does balance it out, and the fact that if you work hard show enthusiasm you may move up
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Working AmazonJob, benifit are good but as contracts short periods, I would been happy too continue there had been longer contract off work.. Down side is you're fate is decided by hr department that looks at all as number Hr made many mistakes whilst I was employed No payslips, terminating my contract before actual date stated... I found too many chiefs not enough Indians and very poor lack communication... If you could separate Hr from job great as job, people are fine... But Hr department with kids in charge no manager this how serious flaws occur...
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Bad Hr, no communication.
The lay is very good but the work is tiring and the hours are long also the breaks are rushed as you 2 of them are only 15 minuets and you have to get to the break room or canteen have food or something and get back in 15 minuets so it can be a mad rush not to mention all the people in the building trying to go on their break to and then queuing up
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours rushed breaks
No benefits working as a self employed driver for Amazon!! Pushed to deliver 300 parcels per pay with little gratitude from employed Amazon staff. Pushed to deliver on a 9 hour schedule without any consideration for drivers concentration/tiredness as a result of Amazon maximizing on drivers working time directive.
Pros
Free bottled water
Cons
Under appreciated
Bad pace to work they treat you like a number Food is bad and management are ignorant and mean to people , was a lot of bullying going on there. Bcc.
Good company to work for very friendly staff get to learn new skills never on the same job shifts go quickly very up-to-date the coving stricken rules around coving which is a very good thing the treat there employees very well and non judgement would recommend them to anyone
Pros
Great pay free drinks
Cons
On yea feet most of your shift
I worked at the Amazon Fulfilment centre in Manchester for 5 months as a stower. Sadly the way in which staff are treated is disappointing given Amazon’s reputation of delivering for customers. I still remember my first day being told the rates required to hit target and thinking that just simply isn’t possible and I still think that 5 months in. In order to do the job correctly and get close to target you need a constant supply of work from cart runners (managements favourites) and a good mix of different sized items. I’d say 3/4’s of the time the cart runners are poor/lazy at best and give their mates dibs on all the good work. We are told to ask the runners for better work if we don’t have good items but that would require a 10 minute walk which would ruin any rate you’d achieved up to that point. In any case they’ve been assigned that job and they don’t get pulled up if you report them anyway (because they’re managements favourites of course). If you’re lucky enough to have a trainer come and tell you that you aren’t hitting target (bad items/no items being the reason), you’ll have them explaining how to do the job to you like you’ve no idea at all. If you listen it’s degrading, if you ignore them you’ll eventually get better items and improve your rate. It doesn’t help and is a waste of time given that it’s out of the stowers hands what items they get given. They wouldn’t help you get better items either because it’s not their job to help correct the real issue. As far as management are concerned, I personally had no issue with them and they do help if you ask. My - more...
Pros
Holidays, direct to stock benefit, 7 days notice
Cons
Management, culture, unrealistic targets, breaks
Atmosphere of fear. Make a mistake and you’re out or demoted from trained positions. No manager feedback on performance. Staff left not knowing what’s happening at any time. Culture of keeping staff feeling unsure and uncertain. No opportunities for advancement. I wood advise to avoid at any cost. So many more similar roles in better companies.
Pros
Decent pay rate
Cons
Management disorganised and disconnected
  1. Employee reviews