Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 5,229 reviews matching the search
It is a fast paced environment, minimal sitting, minimal breaks. You have to be full of life to work here as the hours are long but the pay is good. You are on your feet for most of the shift and because you are around a lot of machines, attention to detail is very important.
Pros
Good pay and understanding managers
Cons
I was sent home because of covid, when I came back I was sent off.It was a stressful environment where you would be doing everyday the same thing. People don’t appreciate your work. I felt like a number inside the warehouse.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks, Forbidden to speak inside the premises while working. Very lonely.
There's almost no communication between management and warehouse staff. You're just expected to work fast and don't question anything. The HR agency is not particularly reliable. You may get your shift canceled just the evening before your scheduled day of work. It's ok to work there temporarily for the salary. But you won't get any real appreciation of your hard work. And the heavy lifting does hurt your body unless you're young and fit.
Pros
Salary, some good colleagues
Cons
Work to the bones without any appreciation. Poor communication between management and staff
WORST delivery company i’ve even worked/seen..They advertise and show all these great benefits and good money to earn, but they don’t include all the charges and payments they take out if your hiring a van, then after you’ve paid that, plus all the fuel you have to put it to complete each route and pay your taxes it’s seriously not worth it.BIGGEST issue with amazon is that they are the only delivery service that if you finish your route early they will not congratulate you or praise you for working hard, they give you even more parcels every single day until you stick to completion within 9 hours. Not forgetting that you have no choice in loading time so if you do load up late morning you don’t have a life outside of work.
Pros
Keeps you busy
Cons
They don't pay you when.there is a problem, your wages can be decreased at any time because of the bad management, if a customer just wants to say that you did something wrong the say that they will put you under investigation and you will either get disqualified from work for a week or you will get fired straight away I will repeat that properly and in capital letters YOU CAN WORK DOING EVERYTHING PERFECTLY, LIVING IN PERFECTION OF DELIVERING AND GET FIRED BECAUSE A CUSTOMER COMPLAINT.
Pros
You get to meet people
Cons
harassed and bullied. you are just a number to themtiring and overworked but it was bearable. watch out for team leaders as they will be very two faced.
Pros
drinks
Cons
hours and not enough break time
This place will help you to earn the money quicker comparative with another job, but you can be involved days and nights, sometimes you can feel drained by powers. Is not the best place to work because the temperature isn't constantly inside and you can get sick/cold quicker. You have to be a strong person to keep up your job. The targets also are higher are higher every year, the expectations are growing quicker.
Pros
Free car park, free drinking machine, sometimes you can get free foods, cloths like t-shirt, hoodies.
Cons
A kind of racism.
The management are very stand-off-ish and are only nice to you when they need something. Worked like a dog and was never appreciated or recognised. You aren’t recognised for good work and you’re just another associate to the management and supervisors. You are more than likely put on one task and rarely swapped the entire time you work there eg stowing or picking. A ridiculous amount of ethnicity favouritism amongst supervisors and associates which is very uncomfortable if you don’t speak the same language. There’s barely any work for AM shift so I’d suggest working nights if you need more money and there is no guarantee of shifts you get put on standby a lot meaning you may only work once a week.
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Bad management, they don’t care about your availability, you must tell them multiple times or risk being sanctioned for their mistakes, very rude colleagues, too many chefs not enough cooks
Grate department grate team grate fun all training was good if you kept it head down and work targets are easy to meet but Amazon made it a fun place to work too
Worked at Amazon for..3 and half year. Regular shift pattern. Decent salary and company benefits. Enjoy the challenge work the same days each week which suit alot of people plan their home life
Pros
Regular shift pattern and company benefits
Cons
Long hours and repetitive
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amazon.com?
Work - The works are easy if you put your heart to it. But it can be disastrous if your fellow associates don't care about what they do and mess things up. Management - Some managers are good but some just see you as a number. They don't show appreciation to associates who are actually the backbone of the operation. Very seldom do they ask for feedback from associates. Work environment - covid-proof, 2 meter social distancing is strictly observed. Everyone had safety training but things can get out of hands when associates are pushed to pick quickly. Pay - fairly good for warehouse work but it comes with a reasonMost colleagues are nice though. That's the bonus to the job. Otherwise you will feel like a robot.
Great place to work. Its cheerful, and a wonderful place to work at if you are a nightowl, nice environment so positive and uplifting and a lot of different cultures diverse into a company.
The fun exciting environment that's advertised is not what occurs in your daily job. They'll pretend to play music and be playful when training but that ends as soon as you start the work. Managers and recruitment agency do not care for their staff and choose permanent staff based on which culture you come from. Your shifts will also change without warning, full time to 10hrs a week.
Pros
Pay
Cons
You're just a number.
Very un-organised and foreign staff very incompetent for higher roles such as team leads or managers.. Lack of communication between managers and team leads is very bad to non existence Go with the flow attitude or get sacked Treat you as a number, nothing more and work rate is way too much for a normal person. No breaks apart from 30 mins dinner break. Only thing good was the money on night shift.
Pros
night shift pay
Cons
work rate expected is too high.
Enjoyed first couple of weeks there, but then shifts were getting cancelled with two hours notice. When working nights and you have slept the whole day it ruins your whole day. No interaction allowed with other employees. Constantly shouted at and treated like children. Released from work with no explanation. No feedback from management. Management had 2 brain cells between the lot of them. If you're happy to be just a cog in the machine this is a great job. Mind-numbing. If one person does anything wrong the whole shift is punished. Nothing learnt at all. I knew many people that had tested positive for Covid but nothing was relayed to staff.
Pros
Free protective clothing
Cons
No communication or security
On my first few days I was put to work on stowing where I had to scan parcels and put them into the correct delivery bags which was fine but I wasn’t given much training on this and made many mistakes, I didn’t know what to do until it was explained to me by another worker, however once I had his input it was nice and easy. Picking is a nice easy job but can be very fast pace at some points. My favourite job inside amazon I would say is any of the jobs working on induct. Back end night shifts (Thurs-Sat) you definitely get more variety in which job you are given whereas front end (Sun-Weds) is far more repetitive in the job you are given.
Pros
Mostly Friendly Supervisors, friendly co-workers, equality of all backgrounds.
Cons
Front end shifts can be repetitive and seem much less enjoyable
Sometime its so busy and sometimes its so calm but the best thing for me was when its quiet and nothing to do you can socialise with other people and make friends and the managers would not say a thing. The worst for me would probably be when they used to put me on housekeeping but very rarely they do that.
Pros
Own locker
Cons
Unpaid 2 30 mins break
Had the best 2 months ever at ema3 eastwood. Brilliant bonuses brilliant overtime brilliant people and everyone buzzing and working hard. It was this that convinced me to get transferred to ema2 mansfield and carry on with a great new career.....What a load of rubbish and absolute concentration camp ema2 has turned out to be. All bonuses gone and every shift leaving u miserable and lonely. No one cares about you here. No one is happy here. I wouldnt do this job if it paid a grand a week its that soul destroying.
Pros
EMA3 everything
Cons
Ema2 paid slavery
Worked as a part time fulfilment picker at Avonmouth. 20 hours per week Monday- Thursday shifts started at 6pm until 11pm. I really only took this job to break the boredom of working from home as I have a full time job but working from home since lockdown. The job was very boring no opportunity for social interaction. You are continually monitored for your scan/pick speed expected to be picking 300 items per hour, lots of twisting turning, kneeling and stretching. Very physically demanding and expected to keep this rate up for the entire 5 hours as you don’t any break. Good money but a job for someone much younger than me I’m 48 and thought I was reasonably fit for my age. The working environment is very sterile and on entering and leaving the building you feel like cattle being herded.
Pros
Not bad pay
Cons
Very physically demanding job for 5 hours without a break.
It may differ as I'm in a smaller unit, but the management are great, always helpful and listen to you, although the jobs difficult the pay does balance it out, and the fact that if you work hard show enthusiasm you may move up
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Working AmazonJob, benifit are good but as contracts short periods, I would been happy too continue there had been longer contract off work.. Down side is you're fate is decided by hr department that looks at all as number Hr made many mistakes whilst I was employed No payslips, terminating my contract before actual date stated... I found too many chiefs not enough Indians and very poor lack communication... If you could separate Hr from job great as job, people are fine... But Hr department with kids in charge no manager this how serious flaws occur...
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Bad Hr, no communication.
  1. Employee reviews