Amazon.com
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

United Kingdom5,903 reviews

Found 5,903 reviews matching the searchSee all 81,878 reviews

No chance to get permanent contract

The most difficult problem is that you never can get a permanent contract and they can send you home when that good for them. So you are never safe with that job. I saw so many people who worked so hard but Amazon didn’t give them any chance to stay permanently. I saw so many people crying. So it’s better to avoid this company if you don’t want to be disappointed or even feel condemned .

Decent job

Easy job. Some of management need retraining in regards to toilet breaks etc. Pay in need of an increase desperately with current cost of living crisis.

Productive and Fun

Very busy. You will be exhausted. The breaks are okay but you have to walk quite far for the canteen depending on your work location. Pay is decent. C

Pros

Good pay. Decent canteen

Cons

Nice place to work, friendly staff. Good rates of pay. Shifts are fixed and they have a lot of options.Fast paced environment but not in a bad way, easy job.

Pros

Free hot drinks, nice management

Cons

Not bad for a First job or if you need flexibility

Its a physically demanding job, however, most of the management is understandable and generally nice. Not the best place to work in, but it is a good start for a first job

Fun workplace with decent pay

Fun to work for if not looking for long time work. Expect alot from employees wanting permanent contracts. Alot of workplace politics from management to staff level.

Pros

Good pay, good work life balance

Cons

No job security, workplace politics

Helpful experience

When I arrived the UK, it was difficult Securing a job but Amazon gave me an opportunity which turned out to be excellent for me.I was hardworking as such did not notice any insurmountable task.Every task I was given, I got trained in it and given days to master it.My job though temporal lasted up to 11months before I changed job voluntarily owing to commuting. Overall experience was great for me.

Pros

Opportunity to move to different departments and learn new skills.

Cons

Commutting

Awful

Zero job security. You can be ‘let go’ in the blink of an eye for no good reason.Work your hardest and you’ll feel they’ll value you, they won’t sadly. You are just a number

Pros

No one telling you what to do when you’re out on the road

Cons

Very late start to the day, around 11am

Easy workplace

It was okay there,easy money could have days off when you wanted not a lot of work to do.bad thing about it was that it was very repetitive and would finish very early some days

A good place to work with good people around you for help.

I really enjoyed working at Amazon & i liked how there was people around to help you at all times. I liked that you didn't have to wear a uniform & that it had a nice friendly working environment. A decent place to work with decent pay.

Fun

Hard work but fun in sortation loads of fun fun fun , half an hour break but night shift get two breaks, one of which is paid for , if you get a blue badge it's only a fixed term contract

Productive fun place but hard work

Hard work, sometimes more then you can do, people was nice. Probably the only reason because I stayed for nearly two years. If you get the hours you can earn nice money, but if they don't like you .....

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Too much work:(

Brilliant!

Had a great time working here sadly there wasn’t enough hours going at the time but would recommend to anyone looking for a cheeky little part time job. Brilliant people - had a lot of fun whilst getting a proper workout!

Pros

Fun atmosphere, pop up food stalls - seriously and seemingly endless free chocolate! People great, I loved it!

Cons

Only a 16 hr weekly contract.

Depressed warehouse

If you want to ruin your happiness, social life, constructive thinking and creativity then Amazon is the right place for you. Zero job satisfaction, zero human touch, everyday is the same, count,count,count

Pros

Clean advanced warehouse

Cons

Repeated task, no productivity bonus and 100 steps to P4

They really cant be bothered

Just don't apply unless you are desperate. As always there are some supervisors and managers that are great, however they are few and far between.

fulfilment associate

when i 1st started they had music on.i was even allowed to have a little speaker of my own as, your basically separated from everyone else. i smashed targets getting higher than anyone else.then they took away all music. working in complete silence drove me nuts and my targets dropped way below targets. i did express my concerns etc, but they didnt care.But also. there was a way of putting away stuff which i was great at. but then they changed it to a computer robotic way. you can only carry one sd card up the ladders and put it away so the camera and AI see you do it instead of you scanning it yourself. if you don't put it in a certain way it would not register it and you'd get busted for it. doing that 1000 times with a single sd card. NO Chance. i had enough, though i was offered a full contract

Pros

Great pay and bonuses, during lockdown one week of overtime and bonuses i got about £700 after tax

Cons

Bad environment, management, long unsociable hours

Loved it!!

Personally to me, Amazon gave me the best experience and I was sad to leave. I worked in the warehouse as a stower, built up a relationship with leadership and was like a friend rather than colleagues. I was then given more hands on tasks which I enjoyed rather than the same stowingon a daily. I was cross trained almost immediately whereas it took others a while. A year later I was promoted into HR and had an office with an easy life at work. Final word is yes you have to work, but it's also fun and if you have a good attitude and show you wanna move on up this is the one company that'll recognize this and help you. Thank you Amazon.

Pros

Lunches, benefits, connections built.

Cons

Mmmm none

Target driven but fun to work

Although everything is target driven it is a fun place to work shame the shifts don’t alternate if you work nights you constantly are working nights that was the only reason why I left

Good money but harsh targets and little job security

Very relaxed with time off / holidays as long as you have sufficient allowance. Very good pay and overtime pay. High targets and you’re told off if you don’t meet them. 30 minute breaks. Requires standing for long hours. Boring repetitive work. Little job security if hired on a temporary contract - they will almost certainly get rid of you once peak season is over.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Strict targets, no job security

Poor place

No work life balance just work work work to much pressure and abuse not a nice company to work for getting worse on a daily basis

Horrible and modern slave company

Just do a favour to yourself and don’t go there is much better places out there where to work.. I’m been working for the depot in Wembley and is horrible..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Amazon.com with

• Amazon.com
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?