Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 5,038 reviews matching the search
I love working at Amazon. Shame that when your 9month contract ends they lay you off and you have to wait 3 months to return. But the overtime is really good and the pay rate is excellent !
Pros
Free canteen on events! Free drinks machines!
Cons
Long time on your feet
Work itself isn't too hard or demanding and you can be promoted quickly, they do care about your physical health and people will help you if something is too heavy or you simply don't know how to do one of your task; However don't trust anyone especially people who are close to managers or supervisors, don't trust PMP either as you're not anonymous and apparently everyone knows everything. If you ever have any problems with supervisor or managers friends no one will help you and everything will be swept under the rug, hidden favoritism is the key. Some people can change their tasks and contract times as they wish meanwhile other were forced to quit as they couldn't change anything because it was "impossible". No one informs about the changes but if you do make a mistake it's only your fault. I can't say this place is 100% bad but there are too many backstabbers - and that's fine - as long as it doesn't affects your work.
If there's a place that makes you feel like you're working in a third world country it's Amazon. Little pay little care. You'll be quickly and effortlessly out of a job if you don't bow down to your DSP wishes. You'll come home feeling exhausted and angry as they take money off of your wage and put them down to things you won't understand. For the time I've worked there I've never earnt over 400 pound a week. If you do 6 days it gives them the excuse to take more money
Pros
Personal van use
Cons
Long hours poor pay
Amazon is a good place to work but the staff feel they are all, they think that they are superior to other colors, they make the job stressful for employers and they normally " meaning what they do often " elevate their people. And stress others. This is not good about the Romanian staff, they like to favour the people and talk bad about other raise. If not that Amazon very good to work. But this staff are something else, if you check and balance the rate at which staff are increasing you will notice that Romania people are much more than any other part of the world there even amoung the top manager or middle managers and the line supervisor. I don't want to mention the name of the country before but I notice that if I did not it will be affecting other staffs. And it will be difficult for others to work there.
Pros
The Truth
Cons
12 hours
I've worked for Amazon on a temporary contract twice and both times I thoroughly enjoyed the work. I was a picker so walked many, many miles a day. It felt like I was being paid to keep fit, which was great. The pay is good and there are opportunities for overtime, good pay too. It's a shame that they don't have permanent positions as That would be great. As long as you work to the best of your ability they leave you alone, which is lovely. I shall be applying again.
Pros
Excellent pay.
Cons
Long hours, not permanent.
There's a lot of difference between staff who work directly under amazon, which they call blue badge and staff working for Amazon through agency. The blue badgers go around talking or having fun chatting to friends as time goes on and as an agency worker you can never have that moment and your efforts are never enough.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Blue badge no stress and agency staff pressure
If you want to make some quick money before a trip or something is worth going for otherwise as a long term job i would not recommend it .In terms of money is quite good especially the overtime rates
Pros
Good money
Cons
Targets, short breaks, a lot of rules, managers don’t really care
Amazon mostly hire fixed term contracts which is extremely unfair as you work your socks off and more than prove yourself capable and extremely hardworking only to be replaced by more fixed term contract staff. They promised you the world just to replace you
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Very long hours
Amazon is a very good and safe place to work for , the benefits are brilliant and if you are dedicated and a i can do attitude you will step up to some higher roles.
Pros
Wages, safety, training. Weekly work shedule
Cons
The food could do with some attention .
I worked at Amazon on nights for 2 years in the picking department. It was awful. 9 and a half hours spent in a cage, all alone, repeatedly doing the same thing over and over. The managers are absolutely useless and didn't have a clue what they were doing. The whole place is ran by kids. I definitely wouldn't recommend to any one to work there.
Cons
Some managers especially the newly temporally promoted lie and ignore health and safety issues to progress there career .Can be a dangerous work environment
Pros
Emergency holiday can be earned with 100% attendance
Cons
Not everyone treated the same
It’s a very physically demanding jobs with 10 hour shifts, only get 3 days off a week in which you are exhausted. Good money but an overall poor job which requires too much physical effort.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Physically demanding work
Fast paced exciting place to work , always busy . Training was shown on the floor of production line of how to scan , pack parcels , what and where all the t equipment was you needed.Lots of people all different nationalities , all friendly and ready to help if you had a problem .Management were friendly and helpful and always about if you had any questions or problems .Hardest part long shifts .Enjoyable part getting trained in other areas once you'd accomplished your first task.
Pros
Free Hot drinks and free parking
Cons
Long days
It's like the one of the he best work place It is good opportunity and satisfactory i am proud and grateful work with as many people work in together
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Maximum 48hour
Highly nepotistic, evil supervisory and managerial staff, an overall abysmal work culture - you are spoken to and treated like a subhuman, sometimes screamed at, and often cannot speak out against anybody higher up in an official capacity because they’re all pally-pally and will protect each other. Have hardly any regard for your wellfare, and simply see you as a number on the call sheet. Even worse, they sometimes underpaid you incorrectly and would take ages to properly look back and fix their mistake.
Pros
I had a confidential conversation with two hr and a team lead and it took 6 days for the whole wear house to know. I am honestly disappointed in the fact that the biggest company in the world can be this way.
Cons
Leaks confidential information
I really enjoyed my time at Amazon I felt part of a team they do look after there staff it is a fast paced job and some heavy lifting but nothing a female can’t handle and it is on your feet job but I was used to that. The staff were friendly and helpful and lots of precautions were taken with everyone wearing face masks and lots of hand sanitizer stations throughout the building
Pros
Plenty of staff incentives
Cons
Long shifts
A lot of pressure is Placed on staff. Training is minimal and if you don’t do the job fast enough someone finds you to tell you to work faster. Pay is okay but there is no job security and no notice given when letting staff go.
Very modern company.Excellent People, Excellent place to work. Excellent work ethic. Excellent work Culture ! You can learn something new every day.Management cares about people and their development. Now, one of the best in the world work culture.Hard part: if you don't like to learn it is not for you, competitive environment, only the best gets the job done in 100%I enjoy almost every thing!Thank you Jeff, thank you Amazon !
Pros
oportunity to grow, 3 days Off, dicent pay, good benefits, all getting better
Cons
Not every site operates on high standards
I had started work at Amazon last year. Work place is very nice and environment is very nice also the team leader are very friendly and help full always are ready for help.
Very sexist place to work and promotions within the company come through favouritism. If you work for agency your job isn’t safe they let you go whenever they want . Pays well and people are nice though. If you’re focussed on the money aspect it’s a good job
Pros
Nice people, good pay
Cons
Long hours, favouritism
  1. Employee reviews