American Express

American Express Employee Reviews

The only corporation I have worked for that genuinely care for your progress. When they say you will get training you get training. Work/home balance is perfect. I have no regrets working for them.
Pros
Great training opportunities
The company offers a lot of benefits (rewards etc).But they promise an environment to evolve fast and finally it is a lie.Customer care is stressfull and management is delending on the person. The higher in lvl you go, the less management cares about you (or at least they will make you think they care but reality is other).One example for phone orientated jobs : you cannot take hollidays as you wish due to necessity of people on the phone and they do not care about your situation.International environment, super fun. And Amex on CV is a must-have for later opportunities.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful, management
Amex is an amazing company to work for, if you have the right team you will go far. I couldn’t have asked for a more supportive team/and company and have loved every minute of my time there.
- Dealing with clients/queries/complaints- Booking accommodation for clients using our negotiated rates with hotels- Fully trained on several travel systems, under different accounts - Friendly staff- Staff events are always organised by the company and by hotels & airlines
Pros
Work events
Cons
Salary
La cultura laboral hace que todo el mundo , cualquiera que sea su nacionalidad , color o religión se siente agusto trabajando en equipo para conseguir los mismos objetivos .La motivación al empleado , es importante que una persona que ya no trabaja ahí siga hablando bien de la compañía....eso dice mucho.Aprendes mucho y te formas en muchas áreas en los que acabas siendo experto y vas adquiriendo un perfil con valor para uno mismo y para la empresaEn momentos difíciles puedes sentirte respaldado por tus compañeros de equipo ya que se convierten en una familia y la competitividad existe , la búsqueda de ascender está latente pero un respeto que en otros lados no existe y con eso me quedo
they were very going with regards of working around my family but due to the COVID 19 problem I was booking hotels for the mod and unfortunately, they have had to make me redundant
Pros
free computers chair etc
Cons
covid 19 / redundant
Amex is a healthy and nice workplace. Your colleagues are sweet, a great management, a very modern building, very nice facilities, great opportunities and benefits.
I wasn't employed directly by Amex it was via a marketing Company (Cosine) which was a terrible company They were not equipped to promote such a big Financial company as this was a trial into recruiting small business to accept Amex Card payments. The whole structure from training to execution was very Haphazard. Had all the 40 sales executives that were employed been trained properly without it being a rushed job to start getting us to sell it may have been a success.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
No career advancement, management don't care attitude, software from dark ages, salary very poor in comparison to competitors, no back up if things go wrong, do not recommend
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Internal conflict between teams and departments made it difficult to achieve goals. Too many people trying to work in an agile way but lacking the bigger picture even at management level. Failure to recognize and handle conflict results in lack of agility and efficiency within the workforce. For instance teams should not have to compete with each other for the same work assignments because of a lack of management.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Stressful management style.
They valued me as an employee, I was given proper training and all the support I needed, the managers were great and friendly, no stress, very busy but doable. Great location
Pros
working on-site
Cons
-Good work/life balance and opportunity to develop skills and progress your career. -Excellent team collaboration - Great colleagues and office ambience
Fast pacing company Ahead of the curve Lots of opportunities Strategic and forward thinking and customer centric Great place to work, open space good people
Excellent organisation to work for. Excellent management, progression, benefits, work/life balance, good working environment. Would definitely recommend.
The most enjoyable part of the job were my colleagues. I worked as part of an International team and that was really great. We worked together despite our different locations and we helped each other and had fun. Working with different cultures is very interesting.
Learning curve is immense and you will have to adapt to the fast changing culture and regulations of the business. They also offer lots of activity outside the work environment and you can also get discounts at most shops through the company's webpage.
Management do not support you, performance reviews and pay reviews are carried out unfairly with senior management reaping the rewards instead. Senior management do not share information with the team, and you are often isolated
Great and educative work place. Helped American Express customers with their credit cards, SAS points and other inquiries. Very good experience, would recommend.
Nobody at Amex cares about their employees - no managers, team leaders, HR person, .. the list goes on. I was in a customer service based role, the manager had no idea what was going on, the 'team mates' bullied each other, so badly that one of them had to go with with major mental health issues. HR was aware but did nothing. The sort of place where you have to explain why you are offline for a few minutes to get water or go to the toilet. horrendous.
Cons
Terrible leadership, anti-social environment
The facilities are good and the company offers great benefits. However, advancement opportunities often depend too much on networking rather than individual skills and competencies.
Great people and culture, inspiring management and felt rewarded for hard work. Regular rewards and recognition, team events and lunches. Collaborative working was encouraged.
  1. Employee reviews