Anchor Trust

Anchor Trust Employee Reviews

Poor management Bullying culture Favouritism/nepotismCliques Unprofessional Blame cultureNo compassion towards staff and residents Very stressful and no balance Draining and staff made to feel like they’re trouble causers for speaking up about any concernsCorrupt environment
Pros
Good pay
Cons
I have been working with Anchor for over 5 years. I absolutely love my role. I started my career in Stoke and transferred to West Yorkshire due to family circumstances. I have been made very welcome by all staff. The support is excellent especially in the current pandemic. Management are always available for staff to talk to and support is outstanding. Training is elearning and face to face however this is now done social distanced. Team leader work well together and provide information to staff therefore the shift works effectively to meet customer's needs. Management do many incentives for staff and through the pandemic sometime staff morale may be low so a feel good Friday is introduced where Management provide lunch for staff on shift which is really a boost for everyone. There is also little special touches like hand lotion for staff to take or sweets available for staff.I truly enjoy my job role it is hard and busy but its rewarding and If I am unsure of how to do something I always have another staff member to assist and support me. My most enjoyable part of my job is making the customers happy and safe in their environment.
Pros
All staff have free tea/coffee and toast, has i have mentioned above about the treats staff receive, customers are made to feel safe.
Cons
Long hours, and not having the recommendation from government that all staff in care homes sector deserve
All top show looks good on the out side. if you were prepared to be nasty towards the staff you would fit in. Old style management ways. if you face you will be fine. staff turn over was vast. i only lasted three weeks.
Pros
I used to work 1 year ( West Byfleet site) and I was very happy 😊 I would really recommend the jobs inside the company. Great staff from cleaners until management team! Thank you Anchor !
Cons
Working within the Marketing team at Anchor Hanover is brilliant. There's a collaborative culture where you're encouraged to discuss ideas and innovations and you're supported in your day-to-day role as well as in terms of career development. The onboarding process was smooth and well structured, with skype interviews (middle of a pandemic) and an easy-to-use portal with all the documents and information needed. During the induction process there was a series of online courses/videos to complete which are hosted on the company's online learning platform. These are interactive, engaging and advanced. I really enjoyed this approach to what is usually considered an 'admin heavy' time. My wider team and managers always have time to speak to me and direct me if I'm unsure and the culture within the team is one of encouragement and collaboration where praise and recognition is given. I feel valued, respected and supported in my role.
Pros
Praise, Flexible Hours, Collaborative Team, Supportive Managers
Cons
When you start at a company and via the online training screen you see personal comments about yourself between the manager and the person training you, firstly you wonder how many people also saw it ? As its quite humiliating, plus get the idea that within a week of being there they have made a decision to dislike you.When you challenge that manager and tell them what you saw and they say, ' sorry you saw that ' it's basically down hill from there, it was ! I left. Awful place.
Pros
Free tea bags
Cons
Too many to mention
Not very good trainings. The staff seems to be very friendly but watch your back if you're not from a family or a group. They have the culture"bring a friend".
Pros
Free drinks and you could have the meals if you pay 😜
Cons
Excellent company to work for, training available to keep up to date with latest skills needed within the work environment.Fantastic management - feel valued as an individual and not just a number even higher up within the company.Great company benefits, fair pay, access to online system to book holidays, view pay slips etc.
Pros
Company Benefit Scheme
Cons
When I first started at Anchor Nelson Lodge I loved it. The clients and team of carers were amazing. Management (including ‘team leaders’) - not so much. Staff shortages and relying on agency, management only ever on the floor when there was entertainment and photos being taken for social media. Team leaders who are meant to be on the floor supporting the care workers and ‘running the shifts’ sit in the office on their phones as soon as management leave the premises. No support at all.
Pros
The team of carers
Cons
No support or care from management, relying on agency
Full training provided with support from managementWorkplace culture very nice The hardest part of the job was doing long days the most enjoyable part was with my colleagues ,very good team ,help each other.
Pros
Hr, training, Good pay rate
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Anchor Trust?
I was working at Anchor Trust for 2 years as a Construction Manager and Building Technician. I enjoyed my time there and used the experience for further development throughout the construction industry.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Non
Was taken on as carer. But ended up being a waitress. On your feet for 12 hours. The team leader just sat in her office eating with another carer barking orders. Do nothing while everyone else runs around. Very clicky. If you don't fit your out. Management no help has her favourites.No support. You feel like you shouldn't be there. Only plus working at st Mary's are the residents. Avoid.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Most staff
I loved the job to start with, but they are forever penny pinching, always short staffed but still expect you to do activities, a few of staff are just lazy, your running around like a headless chicken. There's more and more paperwork which I understand, but this is taking us away from the care of the residents and that's why I went in to this career, your rushing in and out, it's not fair on them for the amount of money they pay, please take notice put residents before profit.
Working at anchor in halifax is awful.... staff very clicky with team leaders and management absolutely hopeless too many chiefs in that building no respect what so ever for work i do... understaffed and dangerous told to lie when cqc was arriving being told to say its a wonderful working place its that bad even residents noticed how hard worked and tired i am...... just a horrible place.... dirty and rat infested stay away from there is my advice nothings but bullys and your personal business gets spread around like its a playground.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, clicky staff, poor management
Was with the company for 2 years started out ok then managers changed and everywhere I went there was no constant managers discusting behind the scenes treatment of staff by managers and deputy's covering up and writing false reports not what a signed up to when getting into care nice modern homes built for purpose some staff where ok for a big company they need to keep an eye on who is their for care and who is out just to take money
Absolutely horrific experience here. Management have their favourites and if your face doesn’t fit then you get all the grief. Cartoon staff can do what they want but others cannot. No support with personal issues nothing.
I worked here for some years, really enjoyed it to begin with.. but as time went on the workload got more and no support from manager..the residents needs weren't getting met and their solution was to get agency...which in care I don't feel is very good as the residents don't know their face and most of the time not comfortable with agency so workload is more on staff to save high emotions. My personal opinion,if a member of staff reports another (or an agency worker) for bad treatment towards the residents they should get the sack/not be employed anymore... Not offered a job place 🤦‍♀️ don't even get started on the bitchyness.. it's not a playground and you're meant to be adults... Night staff Vs day staff... Shifting blame and not working as a team but the manager doesn't want to help fix it. I will say and always have said... IF YOU DON'T CARE, DON'T GO INTO CARE (unfortunately it needs to be said 🤷‍♀️)
Pros
Free training, Some good members of staff, Residents are lovely
Cons
No support, Pay for Ur dinner, employ people who have a record of abusing residents, Heavy workload, mountains of washing (washing/drying/ironing of bed sheet, clothes etc).
Enjoyed working hereResidents were lovelyMost the staff were great Management bit stuck up but she wasnt to bad. Would recommend this home for a loved one
Pros
Residents and pay
Cons
management break data protection they don't care about staff i gog sacked due to medical issues you get treated completely diffrent if your not a yes person or very friendly with management or team leaders avoid like the plauge one of the worse place ive worked if your diabetic and working all day you get told off if you eat s slice of toast because your sugar levels are low.
I was employed as an apprentice care assistant and from day one was thrown in at the deep end without any training walking residents and doing personal care most was unsupervised ( at age 16-17 ). The older members of staff spoke to and treated me like I was an outcast. Younger members of staff always had the home manager and the deputy breathing down their necks. Did get a day every week to work on NVQ and Care certification but the training company only came out to see me around 4-5 times in my 11 months working there. Loads of the staff are lazy and don’t write down the residents creams in the care files. The home is lead completely wrong. District manager visits and is rude to all the staff. The final thing for me was when some of my colleagues were bullied out of the job. If you are looking to become an apprentice please don’t do it with anchor they make out like they’re supportive but they’re horrible to work for.
Pros
Residents, Some Staff, Decent Sized shifts.
Cons
Mangers, team leaders, laziness, bullying, too much pressure.
Worked for 5 years. I really enjoyed. Then new home manager came and things started changing slowly, I was no long chef manager, I was humiliated, bullied by home manager and deputy chef manager. Deputy manager and home manager were best friends so I couldn't even confided in her. I had to leave. Reported to hr, manager direct nothing was done. Shame on anchor.
Pros
Worse management
Cons
Not following their policy.
  1. Employee reviews