ANGARD STAFFING

ANGARD STAFFING Employee Reviews

I have worked here since January 2021 and it has been a great place to work. Except for the fact that you're on your feet for the whole day and sometimes the instructions given by the managers are really confusing.
Pros
Hands-on, straigh-forward
Cons
Long hours of standing on your feet
I started working for Angard in October 2014. After a few months my salary was great. I earned between £13 and £19 an hour depending on shift times. Things were going great till I noticed new starters were taken on regular and paid NMW. These staff were given the work and when you tried to ring they didn’t answer the phone !Eventually I got no work and left
Pros
Good pay after several months
Cons
Zero hours contract
Angard were the worst, least reliable agency I've ever worked for. Sometimes I would go weeks without getting a shift at Leeds mail centre. The job was based on whoever could get in touch with the shift manager first so you wouldn't know if you were working that day or not. No way to live, zero career progression and treated like something smelly on your shoe.
Pros
Cons
No guaranteed work. Don't do it.
Terrible agency to work for the only hours you were given was with only a few hours notice.Even though you filled out a work calendar apart from the first week's work subsequent shifts weren't allocated.
Cons
No notice of shifts
I love to work with this company because they send in the royal mail. I love to work as a full time .and if I get selected I will be very appreciated
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Longer hrs
I'm a relatively new start to Angard/Royal Mail and this type of work, but I am enjoying it. I find it's challenging and there's always new skills to learn.I'm keen to develop these new skillsets and broaden my experience as I continue to work within this organisation.
Pros
Good workplace culture.
Cons
At the beginning lack of regular shifts. This has started improve recently.
Allocation of shifts abysmal, unless your indian or Pakistani students they get first refusal on al shifts especially weekend work where they stand about in groups doing nothing all day.
Pros
Decent wage after 12 weeks training
Cons
After 12 weeks your droped to 1 or 2 shifts, and then bring others in on basic wage for next 12 weeks
Honestly laying in a grave is a better option than working here, you get no respect and treated less than animal faeces, and pushed just to reach managements targets for the bonus THEY get, no pros just cons,
Cons
Dynamic workplace, pleasant and friendly environment with a diversity of cultures and motivated workers supervised by efficient management keen on to reach a special goal supplying post and parcels to make people happier in this tough time of pandemic.
Pros
Special and good relationship with the site consultant
Cons
Access to workplace
The workplace isn't too bad especially during the pandemic. but Angard staffing is run by reed which seem to mess people around a lot. they can change your salary and workshift at random or even cancel the shift that they have allocated to you on short notice. Also you don't get confirmation of the shift straight away, so if the shift is starting in an hour you could be waiting for confirmation and then have to rush if you get the shift. some of staff for reed are rude and don't seem care when you call them if you need to sort something out. plus there is people who are in for payroll but you can't talk to them if you have a queries about your salary or payments, get told you need to email them. Think royal mail should do away with angard and recruit themselve rather than angard like them do at christmas..
Pros
ok workplace, can meet some good people. supposedly you get a paid rise after 12 week of service
Cons
changing salary short notice, cancelling shifts randomly, original application form you could choose preferred hours and set days, only flexible option now.
their practices verge on criminal hiring people for 12 weeks on minimum wage only to block them from more shifts later. After 6 weeks that enables them to decrease pay rates back to a minimum. They clearly abuse Agency Worker Regulations and they do it on a large scale.
Pros
pros are only in the parallel universe with Angard
Cons
minimum wage for heavy work, your rights as a Agency Worker are being abused all the time, impossible to contact the agency
They are racist bunch of incompetent people form the 3rd world. They requested a short video of me holding my "right to work" in the UK document for a mail sorting job. No comment... Did they expect a casting? They are not aware of it that not everybody have to have a physical proof to be in the UK and have a right to work...Probably they only need uneducated misfits people who do not know their rights.
Pros
N/a
Cons
The whole organisation
I cannot find the words unfortunately to describe working for Angard. The worst company ever to work for in all my 40yrs of employment .They cancel shifts very often after allocating you them. poor money. no com munication hardly, Theiri web site states they are open but you cant ring them all day as their phones are disconnected. And even then when you send them an e.mail they dont respond. Its far better to go and work for Yodel or DHL if you can. My advice is to stay well clear of Angard.
Pros
Meeting some nice people
Cons
Poor money, on your feet all the time .No good managerment leadership, It truly sucks
About the most abusive format of labor exploitation you can imagine. Shifts are cancelled willy-nilly without sufficient notice or reason. The company refuses to answer or acknowledge messages of concern, treats you with contempt. I have been trying to get a shift now for the past 7 weeks, and despite making it clean I am desperate for work - I have either been hardline ignored, or worse, assigned a shift for it to be cancelled half an hour before it starts.
They will ignore all of your e-mails especially the consultant in atherstone they will not not allocate any shifts. All the work is given to other agencies. Do not waste your time
Cons
I could talk about how dire my experience was all day but I will try to keep it brief.The work in itself was draining, the pay was poor and the hours were few. But that was fine, I only planned on working here as a stopgap after all. Even 4-8 hours a week is better than nothing!The problem lied in the Managers. I can only assume they took a dislike to me, so they stopped giving me work after 4 days! I understand that I wasn't the fastest worker and deadlines have to be met etc, but if they were unhappy with my performance, they should have had a word with me or even fired me. At least then I know where I'm at.Instead they used bullying tactics, such as assigning me shifts only to cancel them at the last minute. Each time they cancelled a shift it would come with a delightful message saying how rubbish they thought I was. They would also do things like only offer me shifts on the days where I put myself as unavailable! I put myself as fully free for 6 days and busy for 1, and sure enough thats the ONLY shift they give me.If you don't want me, thats fine! Just have the decency to tell me, don't play games! I realised I was being played for a fool quite quickly so called it a day. I imagine they would still be messing me around to this day if I didn't tell them to stop messaging me.Don't waste your time folks, I've worked bad jobs before but at least they had SOME hours. This was just a humiliation.
Pros
Dream on!
Cons
Low to no hours, poor pay, soul crushing work, nasty staff (although most were actually really nice, unfortunately none of them were managers)
Good work every day a chilling and more and more and Responsibiliti is more and more of gating all the mail parcels on the right time and the right addres especially on the lock down time
You have to wait for a call for a shift, I waited 2 weeks and when you ring up, voice mail that tells you there are no shifts available, so ring the number which is their client contact number, which they answer straight away they then give you a shift. o.twtwo,continuity
You hardly get any hours as they brought Manpower temps in to Northern Ireland Mail Centre. Angard treated as third class workers, Manpower temps get 35 hour weeks every week in advance where Angard people have to accept scraps of shifts at late notice. You are lucky to get more than two shifts & you are on poverty money for the first 12 weeks. You aren't paid for your breaks (in first 12 weeks) and the work is 100% on your feet and backbreaking at times your break is the only thing that gives you strength to go on.
Pros
None.
Cons
Hardly any shifts, low pay, no paid breaks, unhealthy work.
2 months into applying for the job and receiving an offer of employment and still no induction or shifts. They take all your personal details, waste your time and leave weeks between contacting you. No way to contact by telephone and emails are just ignored.
Pros
Cons
Disorganised and treat you like an idiot
Angard staffing was a decent place to work at. Met some good people there and was not too far from my house. therefore, it was very convenient for me.
  1. Employee reviews