ANGARD STAFFING

ANGARD STAFFING Employee Reviews for Mail Sorter

Allocation of shifts abysmal, unless your indian or Pakistani students they get first refusal on al shifts especially weekend work where they stand about in groups doing nothing all day.
Pros
Decent wage after 12 weeks training
Cons
After 12 weeks your droped to 1 or 2 shifts, and then bring others in on basic wage for next 12 weeks
I started working for Angard in October 2014. After a few months my salary was great. I earned between £13 and £19 an hour depending on shift times. Things were going great till I noticed new starters were taken on regular and paid NMW. These staff were given the work and when you tried to ring they didn’t answer the phone !Eventually I got no work and left
Pros
Good pay after several months
Cons
Zero hours contract
Angard were the worst, least reliable agency I've ever worked for. Sometimes I would go weeks without getting a shift at Leeds mail centre. The job was based on whoever could get in touch with the shift manager first so you wouldn't know if you were working that day or not. No way to live, zero career progression and treated like something smelly on your shoe.
Pros
Cons
No guaranteed work. Don't do it.
I'm a relatively new start to Angard/Royal Mail and this type of work, but I am enjoying it. I find it's challenging and there's always new skills to learn.I'm keen to develop these new skillsets and broaden my experience as I continue to work within this organisation.
Pros
Good workplace culture.
Cons
At the beginning lack of regular shifts. This has started improve recently.
Honestly laying in a grave is a better option than working here, you get no respect and treated less than animal faeces, and pushed just to reach managements targets for the bonus THEY get, no pros just cons,
Cons
The workplace isn't too bad especially during the pandemic. but Angard staffing is run by reed which seem to mess people around a lot. they can change your salary and workshift at random or even cancel the shift that they have allocated to you on short notice. Also you don't get confirmation of the shift straight away, so if the shift is starting in an hour you could be waiting for confirmation and then have to rush if you get the shift. some of staff for reed are rude and don't seem care when you call them if you need to sort something out. plus there is people who are in for payroll but you can't talk to them if you have a queries about your salary or payments, get told you need to email them. Think royal mail should do away with angard and recruit themselve rather than angard like them do at christmas..
Pros
ok workplace, can meet some good people. supposedly you get a paid rise after 12 week of service
Cons
changing salary short notice, cancelling shifts randomly, original application form you could choose preferred hours and set days, only flexible option now.
their practices verge on criminal hiring people for 12 weeks on minimum wage only to block them from more shifts later. After 6 weeks that enables them to decrease pay rates back to a minimum. They clearly abuse Agency Worker Regulations and they do it on a large scale.
Pros
pros are only in the parallel universe with Angard
Cons
minimum wage for heavy work, your rights as a Agency Worker are being abused all the time, impossible to contact the agency
They are racist bunch of incompetent people form the 3rd world. They requested a short video of me holding my "right to work" in the UK document for a mail sorting job. No comment... Did they expect a casting? They are not aware of it that not everybody have to have a physical proof to be in the UK and have a right to work...Probably they only need uneducated misfits people who do not know their rights.
Pros
N/a
Cons
The whole organisation
I cannot find the words unfortunately to describe working for Angard. The worst company ever to work for in all my 40yrs of employment .They cancel shifts very often after allocating you them. poor money. no com munication hardly, Theiri web site states they are open but you cant ring them all day as their phones are disconnected. And even then when you send them an e.mail they dont respond. Its far better to go and work for Yodel or DHL if you can. My advice is to stay well clear of Angard.
Pros
Meeting some nice people
Cons
Poor money, on your feet all the time .No good managerment leadership, It truly sucks
About the most abusive format of labor exploitation you can imagine. Shifts are cancelled willy-nilly without sufficient notice or reason. The company refuses to answer or acknowledge messages of concern, treats you with contempt. I have been trying to get a shift now for the past 7 weeks, and despite making it clean I am desperate for work - I have either been hardline ignored, or worse, assigned a shift for it to be cancelled half an hour before it starts.
You hardly get any hours as they brought Manpower temps in to Northern Ireland Mail Centre. Angard treated as third class workers, Manpower temps get 35 hour weeks every week in advance where Angard people have to accept scraps of shifts at late notice. You are lucky to get more than two shifts & you are on poverty money for the first 12 weeks. You aren't paid for your breaks (in first 12 weeks) and the work is 100% on your feet and backbreaking at times your break is the only thing that gives you strength to go on.
Pros
None.
Cons
Hardly any shifts, low pay, no paid breaks, unhealthy work.
2 months into applying for the job and receiving an offer of employment and still no induction or shifts. They take all your personal details, waste your time and leave weeks between contacting you. No way to contact by telephone and emails are just ignored.
Pros
Cons
Disorganised and treat you like an idiot
Having worked at Angard for 2 months the shifts have completely dried up! They changed to a computer based system ("Joined Up") 2 weeks ago & I have received 3 shifts in the first week (2 of which were cancelled) & none at all in the second. The cynic in me thinks this might be to do with breaking casual's continuity in their probationary period in order to circumvent the "The Temporary Agency Work Directive 2008/104/EC i" I wonder?
Pros
Nice people
Cons
"Joined Up" has diddled me out of shifts
Zero hours contract. Worked for 2 weeks, then "escorted" off the site because Angard Staffing claimed to have never heard of me despite my having emails from them regarding my application. I had been asked by a Manager on the Sorting Floor to come in as she knew me and knew my application was in progress - an application I would add which was prompted by Angard after my stint at Christmas. Apparently, it was because I wasn't insured. I would just add that I had worked here for the previous 3 Christmases and my partner has worked for RM for 19 years. It took Angard weeks to sort out my 2nd application during which time I had to resubmit my ID and application form 3 times. After 5 weeks of chasing and chasing which had to be done by email because they weren't taking calls during lockdown, they finally accepted me and surprise, surprise gave me the same Staff ID number as my first application which they claimed never to have received. It then took a further 5 weeks to pay me for the 2 weeks I had worked prior to them saying they had no record of me. The work itself is physical with a lot of standing, pushing yorks about and walking and the first couple of shifts I went home with backache but you get used to it. The RM staff are on the whole great but that might have something to do with the fact they know my partner so I don't get any attitude or hassle but I have witnessed it against other Angard staff. And if there is a job to do which the permanent staff don't like, you can guarantee it'll be given to the Angard temps. Breaks are unpaid and often the Managers will tell you to - more...
The salary was promised was around £12 per hour, then possibly more with further time, or if you may decide work night shift or weekends, but instead they are paying £8,72 per hour and discounting 30 min break, I normally work 4 hours without break and they don't care if you may have had 30 min or not ... I don't think this is fair you have never been able to make a complaint nobody will replay back to you... the work is very heavy for £8,72 per hour, I believe for the zero-hours contract they must pay what they were offering before, No social distance sometimes and most of the times NO cups for drink water, no gloves avoid work like a slave. I
-Managers high on weed -Rampant Nepotism -Managers flirting all night with the women -Flipping drugs on site -HSE is non existent -Pay is always, always wrong. -Mocking trans and gays -Everyone is Indian, and related to each other Very fun place to work, had lots of fun
I said before it's a good company but why did I not get anymore shifts offers when I got on with all around me and I done what was asked this includes management
received one three hour shift in one year of working for them. I spent more in the assessment rooms in order to get the job in the first place. On top off that they pay wage by age meaning I earned approximately 24 pounds (inc holiday pay) in a year working for them
Exploitative. Lower hourly rate than they advertise They offer shifts from 2am to 6pm. Absolute nonsense When you call to query your wages, no one is prepared to answer your questions.
Nothing much that I can say but work at times can involve heavy lifting as a woman I suffered bouts of back ache which isn’t pleasant. You do work in a clean environment and most times as a group sorting and scanning packages .
Good Productive Informative it is a good experience I choose to leave because it is a0 hour contract. I am looking forward to working for a fixed contract.