Anglian Home Improvements
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Anglian Home Improvements Employee Reviews

United Kingdom196 reviews

Fast paced and often stressful

Excellent earning potential for good salespeople but need to work long hours to earn higher amounts. Commission is taken if cancels occur but pressure sales are encouraged.

Pros

Money can be great

Cons

Long hours to earn well

I enjoyed it working there

You have to put the hours in to make your money hard going but its rewarding they also will help you buy tools that you may require and you don't pay for any fuel

Pros

Buy your own

Cons

Hard going but it's rewarding

Insights into Anglian Home Improvements

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Atrocious Employer, possibly the worst!

I have never as an employee been treated like this by anyone. Constant struggles with either not getting any appointments or having minimal time to prepare for an appointment. A team leader who knows nothing and tells you to work it out when you ask for information or support. And now, ignoring my calls and texts. Left me hanging with two kids to support.

Non productive place to work

The company is a waste of your time/money for very little earnings. It is a self employed role and the management is useless and cannot even run a circus

Superb company. Excellent support and commission is fantastic.

As above all round a great employer. In my second year now and loving it. My manager is supportive and I control the hours that I work. Top company.

Pros

Training is thorough and ongoing. Salary.

Cons

Evening work.

Excellent Company

Just like any sales position you are paid on performance, if you lack sales ability then you won't achieve the full potential. Anglian go out of their way to provide you with support and training. Having been a commission only salesman for 27 years and been through many different industries it's refreshing the support they give you.

Pros

Excellent rates

Cons

Some unsociable hours

Like a family

Miss working with Anglian home improvement plymouth, it's the best job I have ever had, my manager and staffs are amazing, yes... some times staffs don't get along but we still come together to achieve a target and that is team work, which I have missed dearly, the sense of accomplishment. And we also look out for one another. I recommend Anglian to anyone that is looking to work in marketing, as you will learn alot and also improve in so many ways.

Long ours, lots of pressure, little reward.

Targets are difficult to achieve. Commission only, expensive product difficult to sell. Long hours and often late-night appointments many miles from home.

Demanding

Demanding culture. Negative thinking working on yesterday's data instead of tomorroforecast. Very paperbased with few systems that interact with each other. Right first time does not exist.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Above and beyond is not enough

A lot of work for little rewards

Jobs and commission being withdrawn for no better reason as they don’t have time to complete the insulation , some areas of the job you don’t get paid until the work is completed and as they are so far behind this takes around a year !

Pros

Training

Cons

Little rewards

Can be very good pay if you work 7 days a week

It is possible to earn extremely good rates of pay, however you can also work for a week sometimes more for nothing as commission based pay only.Weekly paid job which is better than monthly paid.

Pros

Weekly Paid, Very Thorough Training, Rewarded well if you are a good sales person. Nice colleagues and management.

Cons

No sales, No Pay Lack of Personal / Family Life.

Good company to work for, good incentvies too.

Good company to work for, good incentives too including holidays abroad, days out etc. Offer NVQ through inhouse training and always happy to help with career development.

Pros

Free fruit

Cons

different shifts per week, slack management.

Better firms to work for

Management always on your back to much paperwork and badly run. The way they give all the rubbish complicated jobs to experienced fitters and easy ones to the inexperienced is fundamentally wrong

Pros

Cons

Bad pay rates

Don't pay there canvassers

If you are out canvassing for them they blow your leads or say that they have pulled out when in fact they have the sale. Promise good pay and benefits but you don't get paid or if you do it's not half what you are due

Pros

Free umbrella and clip board

Cons

Don't get paid for your work

stay away

they dont not pay hourly rate , theysay they will pay you abasic but if are someone who cannot get to grips with canvassing they will tell you after few days it isnt going to work out and you have wasted your time for no pay..they care about is managers hitting targets ,they promise you incentives which you need to be in top 10 in the company to achieve .really avoid unless you can deal with 99.5% rejection and customers they have failed in the past giving you a hard time .If you dont believe me look them up on WHICH .i really hopes this helps.

Pros

Cons

constant stress as boss gets it so do you

Don’t bother.

Working for a company who will do anything they can to not pay you what your owed. They constantly move the goal posts. If you hit targets they raise the targets and not the pay. Change your hours without consulting you. They are a terrible company to work for and I would avoid if you can!

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Poor H/O management, Treat you like they own you, if you do well will just raise targets to stop you earning

Not for the faint hearted

I worked as Self Employed Sales Representative for just under 2 years. Let me say, I had little prior experience and may not have been the best Salesman. It dawned on me that I had made quite a lot of sales and I was making money for the company...but I was making no money for myself. The culture was simple...if a sale wasn't made, it was the sales rep's fault. Had nothing to do with the quality of the leads, pressure from the area manager or manager or the work detail. Very macho culture...where dispassion could often be the name of the game. One manager I had (I worked under 3...2 were decent) and the Area Manager had big big egos, were unsupportive and made the work extremely unpleasant. In the end, I wanted to leave.. and did so. A seasoned sales person might make a good living. Some did...especially those who worked in affluent areas and those who choose the better leads!

Pros

You have a degree of freedom to decide your working patterns, You'll be on the road long periods, You wont be office based

Cons

No reliable income, if you don't sell, not only wont you get paid, you'll be paying the company. If you earn small commissions, it will barely pay your petrol fare. If you're not a high flyer, you might well be treated like a nobody. Area manager has a lot of power. If s/he is a pig, then the job is unbearable!

Excellent place to work for

I worked for them for a lot of years down south and was treated excellent and made good money but you have to work hard for it you don't have to pay for your fuel they supply you with a overdrive card

Cons

Work as many as you want to finish the job quicker

Ex anglian service engineer

Worked for anglian for 10 years was based at stockport.im a joiner was a good company to work for n product is good.good name in the industry.i only left due to an accident i had was well looked after during period of sick nothing but good experiences about anglian would still of been there .

Pros

Good work /life balance.good pay .good hours rewarding work.

Cons

Rooftrim fitter being constantly scammed by management

Self employed sub contractor fitting rooftrim, the company is a joke. They try to treat you like employees the area manager dougie is a complete idiot who has no respect for any of his sub contractors. Turn up to jobs after sending us on 150 mile round trips at our own expense to find the scaffolding hasn't been erected or the surveyor hasn't done his job correctly which again results in us Fitters loosing out on money. Nothings ever any body's falt other than the fitters, u will spend more time working for Anglian at your own expense rather than Anglian expense. Place is a joke and I would avoid at all costs

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, disraspectful management, unskilled surveyors that couldn't count how many fingers they have on there own hands

There a good company to work for

Anglian are a good company I worked as a canvaser & a team leader flexable working hours manger at my branch was good to work for you can promote there products at the door with confidence good products you work on a self employed basis and the more you canvass you will achieve more leads which means you will earn more ultimately they pay weekly

Pros

flexibility in working hours

Cons

Not a guaranteed salary no sick pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anglian Home Improvements. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement