Anglian Water Services Ltd logo
Anglian Water Services Ltd

Anglian Water Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Super company with bags and bags of scope.

Featured review

Anglian Water Services Ltd selected this as a representative review
Super organisation with plenty of avenues for getting on and finding the right job. Money was very good and the pension is one of the best. Highly recommend

Pros

Too many to list

27 October 2020
Thanks for the 5 star review! Great to hear your views, we do have a very competitive benefit package, glad you agree!

fair employer

Although starting salaries arent the highest you can advance through bands with training and experience which they are happy to organise, very good overall package and good chance of promotion. Everyone I encountered were very very helpful and friendly, the biggest negative is you are mainly left to work alone but everyone gets a company phone and vehicle and someone is always prepared to help. Biggest regret was leaving and would love to return

Pros

healthcare, pension, a company van opportunity to advance

Cons

call out is a bit of a pain but it's not everyday

Ok

A good job if your face fits but only one Saturday off in month and very back stabbing. Everything is an issue and management always trying to get you for something. Drivers were forced to do overtime and you can plan their rest day for work whenever you feel like it.

Pros

Good benefits package

Cons

Watch your back

Terrible workplace

Worst place I've ever worked at, full of bullying and finger pointing, don't expect to get anywhere or receive any help unless you're very close friends to management. Constantly underpaid and paid unfairly. Was turned down for a promotion for someone who just started as their family worked in management there. It's honestly a complete and utter disgrace of a company.

Cons

I'm loving my time here. Focus is on training and staff wellbeing. Supportive line manager and great team to work with, very engaged and positive. Good work home balance and flexible working is allowed

Pros

Training. Management

Cons

Maybe IT isn't always reliable

7 December 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on Indeed! Great to see 5 stars. We are glad to hear your positive comments and agree the flexibility is great. There is lots going on in the IT space, so hopefully you will see improvements soon.

Please dont be fooled

I can only speak for the department i am in at the moment, Leakage South. Bullying is rife, back stabbing is the normal. Brown nosing is exceptional. Wage is appalling, no progression at all, no pay rises at all, bonuses are worthless. I've worked for anglian water for 2 years, worst decision i have ever made. In the interview they make the job sound like sunshine and rainbows, but once the 6months honey moon period is over then their true colours seem to shine. The emails and messages start, they start to make you feel uncomfortable at home, you will receive damning criticism anywhere from 8PM till 11PM. Health and safety is only talked about, not exercised by management. God forbid you make a mistake, you'll be publicly ridiculed. Management track your every movement, if you're not in the inner circle then you have no chance to survive. They send out spies to make sure you're working, there is no trust. The management arent human, cant reason with you and they would miss the birth of their child for anglian water. Expect no life when you join due to the constant bombardment of emails, calls and the horrifically low wage, the wage DOESNT match the responsibilities, and expect more as they are planning to expand them at moment. The job is to find leaks and organise the repair, you spend 90% of your time doing admin because they are too lazy to do it themselves, the only saving grace is some of the lads and supervisor's are top blokes.

Pros

Regularly pay

7 December 2020
Sorry to hear that you feel this way, we strongly encourage you to speak to your HR Business Partner directly, to talk through your concerns, we can then ensure your concerns are addressed appropriately. This review has also been highlighted to the HR Business Partnering team.

Avoid

Advice for anyone looking to take a job here is don't, the chances of making it past probation are 50%, all staff are miserable and a toxic work environment

27 October 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Sorry that you feel this way - we do have a probationary period in place, usually this is 6 months if you are new to the organisation. We have lots going on to support our employee's well-being, and our latest staff survey has identified that the majority of staff feel supported and are happy in the work place.

Great atmosphere

Having worked in many customer based roles I understand the requirements for targets but at AW they try to keep these to a minimum AW is very customer focused and endeavour to provide a good work life balance Team leaders and managers are all there to help and support you and the CCM operates an open door drop in policy - she may not always be there but if you have a problem she will ensure you are supported

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere private health care and many benefits

Cons

When you start you start on annualised hours but once you get off these work life balance enhances

28 September 2020
Thanks for the 5 stars! Really great to read this - we are glad the work life balance has improved and brilliant to hear you feel supported in your role.

Professional, Supportive & invested in its people

I am relatively new to Anglian Water but have been provided with lots of opportunities to get involved in projects and learn new skills. I am trusted but also given the adequate support to help me in my role. While my job is very fast paced and difficult at times, the team work together and help each other where possible. Overall, I am very satisfied and look forward to my future at AW

Pros

Good pay, Good PDR bonus, Development, training

Cons

Long processes for some things in day to day activities

23 September 2020
Welcome to the team - it's good to read that you have had lots of opportunities to learn new skills so far and it's great that you have rated us with 5 stars! Thank you. As a company we are always working on streamlining processes to make them more efficient, so hopefully you will see some improvements around those activities soon.

Great company

Really good company to work, great management, managers and colleagues are really supportive, brilliant training programme, I would highly recommend going to work for them

Pros

Flexible working, great food, friendly colleagues

23 September 2020
Thanks for the great feedback. We have to agree, great food is always a bonus and it's lovely to hear you would recommend Anglian Water as a place to work.

Jobs at Anglian Water Services Ltd

See more jobs

Great place to work, loads of benefits

I've been at Anglian Water for just under a year and I am enjoying my time at the company, the job itself is rewarding but it is not an easy job, you have to take loads of calls from customers with different inquiries. The job does get stressful sometimes but the company has plenty of incentives to keep their staff motivated. The salary is good, however, for the work that we do, I feel as it should be at least 21000 a year. Management and other staff are lovely, supportive, and always keen to help. The company focuses mainly on customer satisfaction so if you are not customer orientated, then I would suggest looking for a job elsewhere because this company is all about keeping the customers satisfied and happy.

Pros

good benefits like health care, bonuses, work nights out, staff christmas parties etc

Cons

Have to book holidays 5-6 months in advance, random working hours, pressure from the management to hit sometimes unrealistic targets

24 September 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Glad to hear you're enjoying your time, congratulations for your upcoming 1 year with Anglian Water! Our customers are very important to us, equally our staff are too - remember we have lots of avenues that can support with feeling stressed, remember you can reach out to your line manager or use the Employee Assistance Programme.

A really caring company

Such a great, caring company. They genuinely care about staff well-being. The values are from the heart and all staff seem to be on board - all want to help customers, look after the environment and ensure there is water for the future.So many great opportunities for new jobs internally. The support during the pandemic has been incredible, there is even a support fund for employees, as well as customers!

Pros

Benefits; Pay; People; Support; Culture; Flexibility

Cons

IT can often be difficult, but many improvements have been made recently

23 September 2020
Thanks for the 5 star review! It's great to hear your views on how Anglian Water are such a caring company, good to know that you are making use of the great benefits on offer.

Good workplace

When i got this job i loved it and did it for 12 years until one day i had a serious accident. I now suffered with a really bad back everyday i,ve got two slipped discs that will never heal , i can,t get a job no one we,ll entertain me. I can,t even get disability as they say i,m fit for work?. They got rid of me like a bit of rubbish with no compensation they really don,t care about you. It,s ruined my life so think hard before you accept a job here,apart from that i really love my job.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

Management don, t care

Worst office job EVER

The managers are bullies. The call centre is like a battery farm. You only get on if you are a nasty back stabber and then the skys the limit for you. The targets are 110% and purposely made un achievable. Whilst i worked for them colleaugues were sacked for pending work to increase figures. The pressure to over succeed was huge. Nasty clicky people willing to lie to your face. Also you are constantly hounded if you over 12 days sick a year even if it was a serious illness requiring treatment management do not care. I would never recommend.

Pros

The pay

Cons

Bad managers, targets, bullying, discrimination.

Vindictive managment

Managers are required to deliver unobtainable kpi,s. Punish the workforce for not keeping up with unrealistic work programs. Managers having competition to see who can retrieve most of the operatives bonus.

Terrible

Poor management and work culture. A monopoly company, low skilled work that is not recognized and accepted as such by the egomaniac managers who themselves are unskilled by definition of their own limited employment experience. An insult to all bill payers.

Pros

None. Zero.

Cons

Poorly managed. Rotten from the top down.

False front

For all of Anglian Waters press and false awards they are not what they seem. Wages are lowest I have seen (below cost of living) very little chance at advancement. Bust your butt working on projects then get no reward or chance at a job in that same project, good for a CV and thats about it. They hire managers for pointless roles and then wonder why they cant pay their staff more. Before I left they implemented a new structure, role I was in was classed as one where you would be stuck their, with no option to be classed as otherwise.

Great company

Excellent company, very relaxed but professional approach to the job. Managers look after the people very well and encourage them to do better on a weekly basis

24 September 2020
Thanks for the 5 star rating! It's great to hear you feel looked after and encouraged.

Some good, some bad

See pros and cons. There are lots of good people working here that have been employees for many many years so parts of the business have a family feel. Senior management don't always listen or have your back. A bit of back stabbing going on in places. A big divide between those in head office and out at the sites.

Pros

Benefits, training

Cons

Senior management not listening, culture can be quite hierarchical, bit old fashioned in how employees are treated

Park Ranger Grafham Water

I left Grafham water a year ago. I can say with confidence that the job I did and what they advertise are completely different. Firstly you are contracted for over 19000 hours a year, so what you work differs month too month as the manager gives you a new rota every month like your some kind of child working in a cafe! fire

Pros

You work outside in the countryside

Cons

There is back stabbing and bullying

Great company to work for, holistically for all aspects.

Many different and varied roles, opportunities for progression and development, the management and all colleagues are all friendly, helpful and a great culture to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anglian Water Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement