Anglo Ltd

Anglo Ltd Employee Reviews

2.7Pay & benefits

Rewarding but stressful

Basically a 4 week, more or less, job in a pop-up language school. School has to be built and dismantled within a university campus, i.e Exeter. Full time management have things pretty well organised and are nice people but do make huge errors they seem reluctant or slow to acknowledge. The temporary teaching and activity staff are the backbone but are stressed and always tired - normal for summer school. Pay is fair but no incentives or extra for experience/qualifications and a once free lunch for non-residential teachers (90%) has been taken away. Though this review is sort of positive I have made it known I never want to work for Anglo again.

Bad company

Under paid Extremely horrible managers, unless they want something from you They don't take feedback well, they just try to hide the problems Rude to staff

Avoid this place. Terrible company!!!

Awful, conniving, useless management. They pretend to take feedback on board but only try to hide the issues raised. Bad pay Disrespectful. There are many other companies that will treat you and pay you better for the same job.

Nice and fun place to work at

Really nice to work as, but sometimes stressful due to management (occasionally). Pay is worth it, alongside with out of work benefits as well as paid holidays.

Busy but fun!

Really enjoyed working with Anglo! I joined the team last January and as someone who worked for many years as an AL it was to be part of the head office team and learn in more detail what makes a summer school both during and outside of summer. Yes hours are long, but its very rewarding at the end of summer see the whole programme come together. It has also given me the chance to push myself to learn new things to help better the programme and the students summer. Benefits included constant training, valued head office team and lots of networking with different agents, University campus staff and prospective Activity Leaders who really do make the programme!

Pros

good pay and constant progression

Do not work for!

This is an incredibly disorganised and cruel company that fail to employ properly experienced staff, and fail to train its staff to even lead its activity program. The hours are beyond inhuman, and the pay is abysmal. (Let alone the food!) When I worked with ANGLO, I was regularly shouted at by not only group leaders, but also the centre director of my site. Head Office knew how all of us were being treated, yet failed to intervene or help. We were understaffed and verbally abused. Not only that, but we had no steady accommodation and were regularly moved each week. At some points, some of the staff were made to share flats with students under the age of 14.

Pros

Supporting fellow workmates through the nightmare

Cons

Anglo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anglo Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

2.0Job security/advancement

Anglo Ltd Reviews by Location

• Anglo Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?