Ann's

Ann's Employee Reviews

I have been working at Ann's as HCA agency worker and have found Ann's an excellent place to work. From recruitment through to starting it was a friendly and supportive team/process. My area manager is very approachable and offers plenty of hours to match my availability.
Pros
Supportive management
The support and commitment from the company helps me carry out my role effectively. Always on hand to answer any questions and give advice and guidance.
Anns protrays to be a fantastic company and it could be further from the truth. Too many hours, literally no life. Back stabbing staff. Always ringing you constantly even on days off. Doesn’t listen to what you have to say as they are always right even know they are sitting in an office!
Pros
Good ph
Cons
Long hours, worst job ever
I worked for Ann's for 6 months, I recently left due to moving house. I really enjoyed working in this company. Communication was great within the team and management, the pay and rates were good for the job role. The clients were all lovely and it was a pleasure to go to work. The training I received was next to none, I found it really useful as you were trained by an experienced and qualified medical professional that gave great insight into the field and what to expect. I was saddened that my time was cut short at Ann's and If things change, I certainly will apply again. Overall, Management and team were lovely. Always there to help. I'd highly recommend.
Pros
Great training; good communication between management > team leaders and staff, good rates of pay.
I like the job as it’s given experience going into nursing and being able to widen my ability to do things, although the main issue is the office, will constantly ring u on ur day off asking questions about clients & asking u can u come in to help yet will be nasty and spiteful down the phone expecting that u will help them in the future, will promise things and won’t deliver, just because I don’t have children must been I’m a liability, which shouldn’t be the case, messed up rotas expecting you to do something about it and management have a habit of sending other carers to ask u questions about clients, messed up pay and late pay.......I do enjoy the job but improvements could be made.....
Pros
Local
Cons
Long hours, zero respect for days off
I have recently got a job in the Cookstown area. Having previously worked in retail I found it a big change. It took me around a month to get used to providing personal care, especially in the morning but now I have gotten used to it. I find this is more of a secure position whereby I am not constantly worried about KPIS/ sales targets. It is however a big responsibility looking after old people in their own homes as you are doing this mostly on your ownIn general i find the company supportive and the girls have made me feel very welcome
Pros
Stable work
Cons
A lot of responsibility
I have worked in care on and off for the past 25 years. I find Anns well organised where I feel my manager respects me. Covid has however been stressful and have asked to do a lot of cover lately. In general I am happy and would recommend them as a good employer
Pros
Structured
Cons
Stressful at tome
Working for Ann's has been brilliant from start to finish. They provide excellent training and support.Staff are professional and approachable. They are fully supportive of their employees - if you have an issue or query the girls respond straight away and will always follow it up. Flexible working hours, competitive rates, work throughout Northern Ireland in various health care settings.Could not recommend Ann's enough.
Constantly ringing you on your day off. Will say anything to get you to do what they want but never deliver. No support and poor training. Avoid! You have no value here
Pros
Local
Cons
Pressure to do too many hours, no support, no appreciation, catty staff
Lovely company to work for. Management and staff are very friendly and accommodating. Great work life balance. Great training opportunities available which allows me to reach my CPD hours for the NMC without worry. Always plenty of work available.
Pros
Training and salary
Having worked for Ann's for 2 years now I thoroughly enjoy coming to work every day; a well organised, dynamic and driven management team resulting in a fantastic working environment. Opportunities for further training and personal/professional development are readily available and encouraged.
I've been working for Ann's Home care for many years now and I am very content with my job. There is a strong supportive culture with management being understanding to each employees needs. I have learned a lot through the numerous training programs and I look forward to progressing further in the future. I have made some lifelong friends which makes everyday that bit easier and enjoyable..
Ann's Home Care is a brilliant company to work for. I was made to feel very welcome from day one with a very supportive team and environment. This is a company that cares greatly about their staff and clients. Highly recommend.
i have been working with Ann's nearly 2 years now. I have really enjoyed my time with the company, my team in ballymena to my managers are always willing to help. Ann's really do deliver an excellent standard of care to clients and the staff. i always say it and i am going to now "your in good hands with Ann's"!
Pros
flexible, great pay and friendly
Everything is great just i don't like hours and every time change everythink like hours i not likr when i can't do any plans in my life because i don't know what hours and what money i get
Started working as a care assistant in the Dublin area for Ann's 4 months ago. Having worked in healthcare for over 10 years I have never been as happy as I am with this company. Great support from managers in the office who are always happy to help with any concerns or issues. I work 4 days on and 3 days off which for me provides the perfect work/life balance. Couldn't be happier
I had the opportunity to work with Ann's Hone Care last year. It is a really great company, from the staff in the main office, and colleagues in your local area. Management staff are very friendly, and will work the hours to suit your needs (childcare etc).
Love working out in the community as a care assistant do a lot of hours with Ann’s Always wanted to do palliative care Very good co pant to work for
Every shift can be busy ,challenging and interesting.You also learn new skills.Dealing with clients in need can be challenging and it takes hudge commitment to complete your task. There are advantages and disadvantages of this kind of job but I am pleased to say that the positive outcome is more common .than beg.
I can't recommend Ann's Home Care enough, its like no company I've worked for before. This company cares about it's staff and are very supportive. Pay is better than most companies and I have a regular working pattern. Signing up to Ann's is the best move I've made
An amazing care company to work for putting clients and your needs first!! The office team are very helpful and always have time for you!! I would recommend Ann's home care to anyone who is looking for a great place to work!!
  1. Employee reviews