Ann's
Happiness score is 78 out of 100

Ann's Employee Reviews

United Kingdom55 reviews

Great company

Great company Plenty of work no sick pay holidays included in ur pay long hours but a very rewarding place to work. Lots of opportunities to improve your skills

Pros

Lots of work

Bashing

Staff at Anns have very little interaction with their employees and do not know their employees at all. Several times texts from employees are not replied to, however, if you don’t answer their every phone call or email they will threaten to log it and take action. If you are not the type of person to answer the phone on your days off early in the morning to answer a question etc they feel need to discipline. I find their approach quite bashing and feel treated like a child sometimes.

Insights into Ann's

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Care Assistant in Belfast

I love working in the community - helping my clients is so rewarding. hourly rate is great - mileage definitely helps especially with rising fuel costs. Good support from the office. I work full time but still have my time off to myself.

Pros

rewarding great rate of pay

Lovely environment and staff are a pleasure to work with. Build great connections with the residents in the home and get great job satisfaction. It has a very good management team aswell

Challenging place off work although rewarding job

Can be long shifts as healthcare is but if you want to work hard you will do well. There are multiple places to choose to work and a different range of clients.

Happy

I have worked in Dungannon care home since 2014. Not much has changed since Anns have taken over. Do find management listen and care more. Also got a pay rise unexpectedly which helps

Pros

Good management

Cons

Wages should be higher

Flexible working hours and great people

Fast paced working environment that I enjoy. Always a new challenge and every day is always different.I found this work to be really effective as it helped me to communicate with lots of different individuals and I was able to understand their illness.The management and staff were very helpful and go above and beyond.

Friendly work ennvironment

I really enjoy working for Ann's in their care homes. I find it extremely rewarding when working with the clients and feel that my mentors/managers are excellent help whenever i need some guidance. All of my work colleagues have been very friendly and kind to me, which makes the job far more enjoyable. The hours and days are very flexible, as i can pick up shifts based on my available, which is a great incentive.

excellent company

would reccomend to anyone thinking of applying very good company to work for my manager is excellent and ann herself is a very lovely person very helpful and staff friendly

Pros

choose your work pattern

Fair workplace

I enjoyed working for Ann's ..I found the management very fair and was always paid for the hours I worked. The only reason I left was because I didn't drive and was finding it harder to find places nearby.

Pros

Good pay and management

Very rewarding job

I’ve worked for Ann’s home care for over 3 years and find it such a rewarding job. I feel that management work well with you in regards to rotas - if you want more or less hours they are very accommodating with this which not all companies are. I feel very supported by my manager in the area, I find her extremely approachable and understanding. Cover is needed at times but that is the nature of the role and if unable to cover - it’s no problem. The job can be challenging at times but so can every job! Each week we get a thank you message for our hard work and always be given credit and thanks for any family or service user compliments which is nice. I have worked for other care companies in the Belfast area previously and this is by far the best. I’m loving my time here and the friendships I have built.

Pros

Great management, supportive staff, good pay and holidays

Health Care Assistant

I work in Ardlough Care Home in Derry/Londenderry. I love working in the care home. it is so rewarding, i love all my residents, suppporting and promoting their independence .management and staff are very helpful recruitment process was detailed and supported with online training and the in house training. Excited to start my career as a health care assistant

Pros

supportive rewarding

Cons

12 hour shifts but rotation of days and nights is great!

Fantastic company to work for.

While working for Ann's home care I have found it a brilliant company to work for. We are all a friendly team of carers, who thrive in maintaining a high quality of care. Our dedicated management staff who are all amazing and really easy to talk to, go above and beyond to meet our needs as well as our service users.I really love my job and that's all down to working for Ann's home care 💚

Pros

Great team of carers

Cons

Great company to work for with a dedicated management team!

I have worked for Ann's home care for a while now. I find this a great company to work for, with a fantastic management team. They always have your best interests in mind and are really easy to talk to if I have anything on my mind while making sure there is a high quality of care given to the service users.There is no hard part when working for this company. I find that throughout Ann's home care, I am working along side a great team of carers and management staff

Pros

Great staff

Rewarding job

Working for Ann's in the Lisknisky Care Home has been very rewarding. There is a great support from Management and team. rotation of shifts. Working as a carer is difficult in general but a role that is very rewarding! I love supporting my residents and have build great working relationships with my colleagues

Pros

supportive working environment, rewarding job

Supportive team and good rates of pay

Great can do attitude throughout the Team, who have made me feel very welcome. Staff in the office aim to provide key staff who will provide the best quality of care through excellent face-to-face classroom training.Management have supported me in learning the new systems and have taken time to provide on the job training.

Pros

Friendly colleagues & supportive management

Great place to work - friendly and supportive colleagues

Interview process was quick from first screening call to zoom interview in 24 hours and then booked in for classroom training.Made feel at ease and timely reminders for documentation and references.Good training provided and felt confident going out on care work. Well supervised and got good feedback.

Pros

Could chose hours of work that suited

Supportive Management

I have been working at Ann's as HCA agency worker and have found Ann's an excellent place to work. From recruitment through to starting it was a friendly and supportive team/process. My area manager is very approachable and offers plenty of hours to match my availability.

Pros

Supportive management

Great Company to work for!

The support and commitment from the company helps me carry out my role effectively. Always on hand to answer any questions and give advice and guidance.

Awful company to work for

Awful company to work forAlwsys ringing u on your day off asking to cover shifts. Don't get anything in return. Holidays must be booked in block even if u don't need them.

Pros

Cons

Don't get paid for petrol

A great company & culture!

I worked for Ann's for 6 months, I recently left due to moving house. I really enjoyed working in this company. Communication was great within the team and management, the pay and rates were good for the job role. The clients were all lovely and it was a pleasure to go to work. The training I received was next to none, I found it really useful as you were trained by an experienced and qualified medical professional that gave great insight into the field and what to expect. I was saddened that my time was cut short at Ann's and If things change, I certainly will apply again. Overall, Management and team were lovely. Always there to help. I'd highly recommend.

Pros

Great training; good communication between management > team leaders and staff, good rates of pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ann's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement