Ann's homecare

Ann's homecare Employee Reviews

Very rewarding job

I’ve worked for Ann’s home care for over 3 years and find it such a rewarding job. I feel that management work well with you in regards to rotas - if you want more or less hours they are very accommodating with this which not all companies are. I feel very supported by my manager in the area, I find her extremely approachable and understanding. Cover is needed at times but that is the nature of the role and if unable to cover - it’s no problem. The job can be challenging at times but so can every job! Each week we get a thank you message for our hard work and always be given credit and thanks for any family or service user compliments which is nice. I have worked for other care companies in the Belfast area previously and this is by far the best. I’m loving my time here and the friendships I have built.

Pros

Great management, supportive staff, good pay and holidays

Health Care Assistant

I work in Ardlough Care Home in Derry/Londenderry. I love working in the care home. it is so rewarding, i love all my residents, suppporting and promoting their independence .management and staff are very helpful recruitment process was detailed and supported with online training and the in house training. Excited to start my career as a health care assistant

Pros

supportive rewarding

Cons

12 hour shifts but rotation of days and nights is great!

Fantastic company to work for.

While working for Ann's home care I have found it a brilliant company to work for. We are all a friendly team of carers, who thrive in maintaining a high quality of care. Our dedicated management staff who are all amazing and really easy to talk to, go above and beyond to meet our needs as well as our service users.I really love my job and that's all down to working for Ann's home care 💚

Pros

Great team of carers

Cons

Great company to work for with a dedicated management team!

I have worked for Ann's home care for a while now. I find this a great company to work for, with a fantastic management team. They always have your best interests in mind and are really easy to talk to if I have anything on my mind while making sure there is a high quality of care given to the service users.There is no hard part when working for this company. I find that throughout Ann's home care, I am working along side a great team of carers and management staff

Pros

Great staff

Rewarding job

Working for Ann's in the Lisknisky Care Home has been very rewarding. There is a great support from Management and team. rotation of shifts. Working as a carer is difficult in general but a role that is very rewarding! I love supporting my residents and have build great working relationships with my colleagues

Pros

supportive working environment, rewarding job

Supportive team and good rates of pay

Great can do attitude throughout the Team, who have made me feel very welcome. Staff in the office aim to provide key staff who will provide the best quality of care through excellent face-to-face classroom training.Management have supported me in learning the new systems and have taken time to provide on the job training.

Pros

Friendly colleagues & supportive management

Great place to work - friendly and supportive colleagues

Interview process was quick from first screening call to zoom interview in 24 hours and then booked in for classroom training.Made feel at ease and timely reminders for documentation and references.Good training provided and felt confident going out on care work. Well supervised and got good feedback.

Pros

Could chose hours of work that suited

Not good

Don’t get me wrong I loved my job working looking after people in the community but it’s the background issues which is the problem, job isn’t suitable for part-timers or students as hours are constantly piled onto you, full timers basically forced to work 60/70 hours a week, guilt tripping u into doing shifts and full timers are well and truly taken advantage off yet if u need a shift covered you’re on your own! constantly calling you especially on days off yet when you try and get hold of them no one answers especially during an emergency, constantly drained and no life at all due to the hours you’re working there’s better companies out there

Pros

Clients

Cons

Long hours, management not useful

Supportive Management

I have been working at Ann's as HCA agency worker and have found Ann's an excellent place to work. From recruitment through to starting it was a friendly and supportive team/process. My area manager is very approachable and offers plenty of hours to match my availability.

Pros

Supportive management

Great Company to work for!

The support and commitment from the company helps me carry out my role effectively. Always on hand to answer any questions and give advice and guidance.

Jobs at Ann's homecare

See more jobs

Awful company to work for

Awful company to work forAlwsys ringing u on your day off asking to cover shifts. Don't get anything in return. Holidays must be booked in block even if u don't need them.

Pros

Cons

Don't get paid for petrol

A great company & culture!

I worked for Ann's for 6 months, I recently left due to moving house. I really enjoyed working in this company. Communication was great within the team and management, the pay and rates were good for the job role. The clients were all lovely and it was a pleasure to go to work. The training I received was next to none, I found it really useful as you were trained by an experienced and qualified medical professional that gave great insight into the field and what to expect. I was saddened that my time was cut short at Ann's and If things change, I certainly will apply again. Overall, Management and team were lovely. Always there to help. I'd highly recommend.

Pros

Great training; good communication between management > team leaders and staff, good rates of pay.

So far so good

I have recently got a job in the Cookstown area. Having previously worked in retail I found it a big change. It took me around a month to get used to providing personal care, especially in the morning but now I have gotten used to it. I find this is more of a secure position whereby I am not constantly worried about KPIS/ sales targets. It is however a big responsibility looking after old people in their own homes as you are doing this mostly on your ownIn general i find the company supportive and the girls have made me feel very welcome

Pros

Stable work

Cons

A lot of responsibility

Better

I have worked in care on and off for the past 25 years. I find Anns well organised where I feel my manager respects me. Covid has however been stressful and have asked to do a lot of cover lately. In general I am happy and would recommend them as a good employer

Pros

Structured

Cons

Stressful at tome

Supportive Workplace

Working for Ann's has been brilliant from start to finish. They provide excellent training and support.Staff are professional and approachable. They are fully supportive of their employees - if you have an issue or query the girls respond straight away and will always follow it up. Flexible working hours, competitive rates, work throughout Northern Ireland in various health care settings.Could not recommend Ann's enough.

Horrendous

Constantly ringing you on your day off. Will say anything to get you to do what they want but never deliver. No support and poor training. Avoid! You have no value here

Pros

Local

Cons

Pressure to do too many hours, no support, no appreciation, catty staff

Great!

Lovely company to work for. Management and staff are very friendly and accommodating. Great work life balance. Great training opportunities available which allows me to reach my CPD hours for the NMC without worry. Always plenty of work available.

Pros

Training and salary

Fantastic Company to work for

Having worked for Ann's for 2 years now I thoroughly enjoy coming to work every day; a well organised, dynamic and driven management team resulting in a fantastic working environment. Opportunities for further training and personal/professional development are readily available and encouraged.

Great and fulfilling place to work

I've been working for Ann's Home care for many years now and I am very content with my job. There is a strong supportive culture with management being understanding to each employees needs. I have learned a lot through the numerous training programs and I look forward to progressing further in the future. I have made some lifelong friends which makes everyday that bit easier and enjoyable..

Ann's Home Care is a brilliant company to work for. I was made to feel very welcome from day one with a very supportive team and environment. This is a company that cares greatly about their staff and clients. Highly recommend.

Great Career Progression with many opportunities

i have been working with Ann's nearly 2 years now. I have really enjoyed my time with the company, my team in ballymena to my managers are always willing to help. Ann's really do deliver an excellent standard of care to clients and the staff. i always say it and i am going to now "your in good hands with Ann's"!

Pros

flexible, great pay and friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ann's homecare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5