Anthropologie

Anthropologie Employee Reviews

In overall it was an amazing work place and the people were very enjoyable but it was a very under paid job especially on holidays time with so many customers. Oh , and also only 8 hour shifts policy are not really flexible to work with If you're a student.
Job was not as advertised or described in interview and prior to starting the role. As a company they do no look after their staff who are on hourly rates which is mostly minimum wage (even in London) and expect blood sweat and tears in return. Management instore and staff from head office look down on staff at lower levels and completely under appreciate to the point where they will make you feel guilty and scrutinise you for going to the toilet whilst working on the shop floor, meanwhile they sit in the office doing the bare minimum work. There are little to no benefits to working for this company and any that there once was they have slowly taken away as much as they can, they even took away some entitled holiday days and tried to class them as ‘bank holiday days’ booking them in for staff when it suited them (this was in the middle of the financial year and they tried to do it without telling anyone). I can not stress enough how much I would not recommend working for this company. They also made loads of people redundant in the middle of the pandemic even though profits where up! And they are now opening new stores. They do not and will not ever care about their staff! Capitalism at its finest.
Pros
Staff discount, discount for uniform items, however on the low salaries they pay it makes it very difficult to even afford that.
Cons
The list is too long
relaxed environment, offices are great. the only problem is the pay is not the best for the work we do. on the lower end of the pay level...................
There was always something new. Never boring. Great colleagues Great management. Loved seeing new artist work being installed into each store. Great training
For such a premium-luxury brand, the pay and incentives does not equal to the amount of hard work staff have to put in. There are no bonuses, and you have to take on a lot of responsibility for a casual sales job. The management could do with a lot of work. Some, quite frankly are bullies. They are highly scrutinising to temp and new staff, no wonder there's a huge turn over of staff and constant job adverts online, presumably due to the condescending and hypercritical behaviour. The team are great though. They are more than happy to help newcomers and are patient to help, although one member needs to stop being so patronising and needs to stop considering herself as always being right. In all honesty, management just needs to realise it's a poor company to work for and they shouldn't really be investing their time with a company that won't support them. I feel that because they are experiencing pressure from the people above them, they are taking it out on the staff. Could do with A LOT OF WORK!
L'azienda paga bene ed i contratti sono corretti per i dipendenti, ad ogni modo le persone che vi lavorano sono un po' troppo "fissate" con il brand. Essendo un brand famoso ed abbastanza costoso, sembra di entrare in una setta quando si lavora li'...
There wasn't the best work life balance, and training was limited as I was a Christmas Temp. The managers were approachable and there were discount perks.
There is a huge sense of community but that is the only up side to working there. How can a luxury brand still be paying virtually minimum wage, very very strange.
Each day at work is the same, don't be duped into thinking that just because your "role" changes every hour that the job is interesting or fun. For example, one hour you may have to stand still by the front entrance smiling at entering customers while being reminded to watch out for thieves. The next hour you could be returning clothes from the changing room to the shop floor. This is as interesting as it gets, quite frankly. The main problem for me was the management, who were mostly very unfriendly and liked to talk about others in a derogatory manner on their lunch break. The pay is ridiculous at ÂŁ7.80 an hour in central London. Many of the other retailers on the high street pay their employees the London living wage. The Urban Outfitters Group should be ashamed of themselves. Avoid for the awful pay alone, but if you need other reasons then there are many.
Pros
40% staff discount
Cons
Everything else
Typical day: -Serving customers, attending to customer needs, maintaining the shop floor, angering the phone, dealing with sales. -I learnt a lot about visual merchandising and how a retail shop is run. -Management are good, and the shop runs smoothly and we always beat our targets. -Hardest part is being on your feet all day, working hard for little money and appreciation. -Most enjoyable part of the job is people that work there. I have made some great friends. Its a great atmosphere and amazing people to work with but the company benefits such as discounts are good for their employees. The pay is average and we do not get time and a half pay on bank holidays.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Average pay
Hugely enjoyed my time working at Anthropologie Guildford. I was made to feel part of the team straight away and with this came added responsibilities which I was happy to oblige.
Une formidable expérience au coeur de Londres avec une équipe trÚs pédagogue. Un concept store unique.
Overall a good place to work at. The atmosphere is nice and the people friendly. There's a slight disorganisation problem but nothing serious, as with a lot of Retail.
Creativity is nurtured and welcomed. This company is individual from any other. Talent is produced, developed and rewarded. Your voice can be heard.
Pros
Growth in company
Cons
Can be long hours
If you're in this for the long-haul, make sure you speak to people in your district about upper management. I was lucky that my store was run by brilliant, patient people, but other stores in my district did not have the same experience. District managers were hard to get a hold of and difficult to communicate with. The culture is brilliant, and the women I worked with were the best of the best, but I would not return solely because upper management does not value its employees the same way lower management does. Each person I know that has left has said the same thing: we're burned out. Without a dependable support system, working as a manager or supervisor at Anthropologie will take a lot out of you.
The products are beautiful, and my fellow sales associates were well- read and thoughtful. I loved the displays and the high level of customer service. Management was encouraging and cared about the employees.
Long hours as a manager, however there is great support from the management team. Typical day at work varies day-to-day, which is a pro if you are easy adaptable and enjoy different challenges daily/weekly.