AO-Drivers

AO-Drivers Employee Reviews

Alot of stress, pushed to cut corners due to the load, loaders made life hard (mixed vans, missing goods). The better you do, the harder it gets. Which in my opinion is quite a flawed system, I quite enjoyed the job in the beginning; starting at 6am, finishing at 1pm/2pm.We took pride in our jobs, always had 100% (if you dont get 100%, you won't get days, that's just how it works). Unfortunately this led to us getting the hardest days. (35 deliveries, including connecting 4/5 washing machines aswell as collecting scraps which there was never space on the van for, along with multiple American Fridge Freezer connections) meaning we were working minimum 12 hour days but only getting paid for the 'route hours' which always seemed to be like 6-8 hours, you can try to get paid for your hours, but you won't get them. Worked multiple 70+ hour weeks, only got paid for 40 odd hours. Shame, I enjoyed the job for the most part in the beginning, alot of satisfaction, just a shame about the management!
Pros
Good with the right team mate
Cons
Long hours, dont get paid for the amount of hours you do.
This has to be one of the worst places I have worked at. Anything that goes wrong is the driver/fitters fault even if it is a breakdown in the vehicle that regular compulsory maintenance would have picked up on.
21 January 2021
Thank you for your review. I’m very concerned to hear that you had issues with vehicle maintenance, please can you email driverdisputes@ao.com with your crew ID and confirm whether you hold a contract with us or whether you contract via a multi crew so that this can be investigated in more detail. Thanks – AO
Avoid at all cost ..... you're just an ever revolving number. Management are under pressure and clueless at resolving any problems. They are running around like firefighters trying to put out pop up fires.
13 January 2021
Thank you for your review. We’re disappointed to hear that you’re not enjoying your time at AO. It’s difficult to comment on specific issues without more details but if you’d like to get in touch, we have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service, available for both current and past employees. The contact number is: 01204 672 601. All the best, AO
Ao (TRG) are a shambles! The gaffas are only interested in taking as much money out the company as possible then treat the staff like dirty! No progression aspects at all not even a secure carpark for you’re car/bike,
Pros
Going home
Cons
The management!! Ridiculous
28 October 2020
Thanks for the review. We pride ourselves on our positive culture and opportunities for development so that certainly doesn’t sound like how we like to do things at AO. If you’d like to provide us with more information so we can investigate this further, we have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service – the contact number is: 01204 672 601. All the best, AO
Induction 2 days in the class room and 2 days out on the road. Nearly everything that presented to you in the induction is complete pack of lies. It’s actually quite opposite to what they say. Make it sound like real well run company. They charged us a deposit for secondhand phone and didn’t even give us a charger for first 2 weeks had to go buy one. Also the vans have that many defects. One van we was given didn’t even have indicators that worked. Also if you get delayed on the job on wet connect you lose money. They never give you enough time for a run. On average you will do extra 2 hours for free everyday. It doesn’t matter how quick you think you are. It’s down to issues. Like damaged products your stuck on hold to driver line for half hour sometimes. They say they pay for all of this but they don’t. They will tell you yes it’s covered invoice then comes through and it’s not been added. Then they will say sorry we will add on next week then same again it’s still not there. In the end you give up. I done 4 weeks every week was short of what they owed us. The management ignore your calls and emails about pay disputes. You ask for driver account management to query something. They always say she is in training. Please avoid this company like the plague!!
Pros
Cons
Just about everything! Paid under min wage has to be worst!!
28 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Please can you email driverdisputes@ao.com with your crew ID and confirm whether you held a contract with us or whether you contracted via a multi crew so that this can be investigated in more detail. Best wishes - AO
Croydon depot is very poorly run in every aspect. Being a HGV driver I have done a lot of driving work around London, for well known and private companies and for me this is the worse Company I have driven for. The working conditions are so bad and the direct employees are very rude and disrespectful, down to the loader right up to management. it actually makes sense to sub contract drivers.
Pros
Cons
Whole job is a con
7 August 2020
Thanks for the review, that certainly doesn’t sound like how we like to do things at AO. Please could you email driverdisputes@ao.com with the Crew ID you worked under as a sub contractor, we’d appreciate the opportunity to investigate this further. Thanks – AO.
Avoid avoid avoid Pay is rubbish you’ll never earn what they promised to pay the route times aren’t long enough some days just 5 hours it’s not self employed They have far too much control over you Avoid avoid avoid You have been warned
7 August 2020
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear that you feel we don’t meet your expectations or provide you with the flexibility you require. It’s difficult to comment without some more specific detail but it doesn’t sound like how we like to do things at AO. If you’d like to email driverdisputes@ao.com with the Crew ID you work under as a subcontractor, we’d appreciate the opportunity to investigate this further. Thanks – AO.
The job itself is ok, if they paid you the correct rate. Heavy lifting and countless delays.They will tell you anything to get you in the door - famous words "I'll not lie to you!" - they will lie and you'll soon find out just how bad. The place is disorganised, you'll be lucky to ever get away on time so you'll be playing catch up the whole day. If you put in for the extra hours you'll not get any shifts. You'll be lucky to get 2 shifts a week! Absolute waste of time, you'll get a message, usually late afternoon telling you whether you're working or not the next day. If you go along with their oppressive behaviour you might be ok, but just don't question anything. They'll fail to tell you that you're doing 4 days training at £50 a day, it's not training, you're out working, and it's not rocket science, and certainly no need for 4 days! Just another way to exploit people during challenging times. They'll ask you o buy a trolley and tools then deduct it from wages - at a reasonable rate. Just don't get any other fines. Sad thing is that if there was work to be done daily it could be ok, but seriously don't waste your time. They continuously take people on because so many people leave - it's a revolving door and they want you for the four days slave labour. It works out about minimum wage if you're lucky. Note to management: Start paying staff a decent rate, get them in and away earlier, treat people like humans, Stop lying .
Pros
Cons
Pay, hours, management
7 August 2020
Thanks for getting in touch. I’m very concerned to hear you were left feeling as though you had not been fairly remunerated for the days you’ve worked. Please could you email driverdisputes@ao.com with the Crew ID you worked under as a sub contractor, we’d appreciate the opportunity to investigate this further. Thanks – AO.
The management will tell you all the benefits and all the nonsense they feed you, absolutelyrubbish il tell you right now, the turnover of employees at the Dundee base was just crazy, the reason for that is the management haven’t a clue and are glorified salesmen who are trained to talk the biggest load of rubbish out there. Paid training but will put you in 12 hour shifts during that time. Scum, avoid at at all costs.
Pros
Cons
If I used a pencil I wouldn’t have enough sharpeners for the list.
7 August 2020
We're disappointed to hear about the negative experience you had at AO. Without more specific details, it's difficult to comment on the particular areas you've raised concerns but we have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service, available for both current and past employees. If you've had a particular issue which wasn't resolved, we'd really like for this to be fed back so we can investigate please. The contact number is: 01204 672 601. All the best, AO
You will regret your choice from very first day.In this company you will work for parking tickets and for damages. If customer lie about any damage,you are responsible without any investigation.You pay the bill in full and you pay,not the company.You will work very hard,somethimes 16 hours/day.They will push you to work weekends as well.I would call that modern slavery.
Pros
This company is a joke.
31 July 2020
I live in Newcastel-under-lyme and it is difficult for me to get to Crewe Warehouse on time, it is a good and easy job but unfortunately I had to give it up. thanks!
6 August 2020
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time driving for us. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the Indeed community. All the best, AO
A fairly good organisation which gets things done. I worked in transport so didn't see much of the work that happened on the grounds. Complaints that I heard followed the typicality of the field.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
26 February 2020
I really loved reading your review – thanks so much for taking the time to write it. I'm delighted to hear that you value the work that’s gone into creating such a wonderful working environment here at AO. All the best, Vic Rogers (Chief People Officer)
i went for a full career change for this role, and it is something i havent looked back on. i enjoy the fast paced, hard working role. i get to meet and talk to lots of customers every day as well as see the joy on most of there faces when they see their new appliances. i would recommend this job to people who enjoy being out and about and who want to have the opportunity to work hard learn and earn decent money.
6 August 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us – and for reminding us how lucky we are to have all the wonderful things you’ve mentioned. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time driving for us. All the best for the future, AO
I have been employed by AO-Drivers for about 3 years now and I really enjoy working here. The company provide great training which is all paid and are very supportive. There are great benefits which include free drinks and snacks on shift, flexible working hours as you choose your own availability and supportive managers/supervisors.
6 August 2020
Thanks so much for leaving such an amazing review – it’s lovely to hear that you enjoy working for AO. Your happiness is really important to us and it’s great that your comments highlight the hard work that goes into making AO such a wonderful place to be. All the best, Vic Rogers (Chief People Officer)
I work for AO and I like working for them, don't get me wrong some days are challenging but it's good. Nothing is too hard, but sometimes traffic is a pain! As long as you like driving, then it's a no brainer. I didnt know anything when i started but training that was given to me was great, takes about a week to get trained tho.
7 August 2020
Thank you for your honest review. We’re pleased that you enjoy subcontracting for us. It’s great to hear that you found the training process smooth and that you enjoy the company culture we’ve worked so hard to create. Thanks again - AO
Not a bad company however they are not without their issues. If you put your head down and work hard then you will be okay, if not they can be very stressful for you and maybe even stop your work.
31 July 2020
We do all we can to keep an eye on the market and make sure we’re rewarding you fairly, so it’s great to hear that you think we’re hitting the mark.
physically demanding, a lot of heavy lifting, management are not good. long hours, others drivers do not pay other porters enough.they didnt tell us in advance they was closing the warehouse.
31 July 2020
Thank you for your review. We advertise our driver jobs as being self-employed, so this and the nature of the role should have been clear when you applied. We value your comments and feedback though. Thanks – AO.
AVOID It’s also Expert Logistics NOT - AO Well where do I start? I’m only giving this 1 star because I can’t give minus stars... Training is supposed to last for 4 days when you start, £50 per day, the hours you’ll do will probably be around 10/11 hours in those days so they make more money when paying out less. Have to pay for tools due to being self employed which is fine and a sack barrow you have to buy from them for £160 in your crew. You receive a message the day prior to working to say if you’re in work or not which is frustrating as you can’t really have a social life around the job. It’s really good at the start, get lots of work to sweeten you up and then you struggle to get shifts. I went from getting £460ish for 5 days to only working 1/2 days a week due to ‘not much work’ when they’re constantly getting drivers in. Maybe if they stopped looking for more subcontractors then people would actually get work. They literally employ anyone if you can drive, as beggars can’t be choosers I suppose! You’re given a route for the day, how long it should take you and a half hour break to add on. Sometimes you’ll go over the time allocated for the route, because of the lorry being late, leaving the depot late due to the fault of AO, you’ll have to carry an American fridge freezer weighing 120+kg up 4 flights of stairs, washing machines up 6/8 flights of stairs, you’ll have 5/10 mins to complete a job that actually ends up taking 20/30 or even 40 minutes sometimes when an installation is required. You’ll invoice extra hours at the end - more...
Pros
Self employed if that’s even a pro with these idiots
Cons
Too many to list here
7 August 2020
Thanks for getting in touch. I’m concerned to hear you were left feeling as though you had not been fairly remunerated for the hours you worked. We value your comments and would appreciate the opportunity to be able to investigate further. Please could you email driverdisputes@ao.com with your Crew ID as a sub contractor driver for us to look in to. Thanks – AO.
Please stay away from this shockingly bad company. They only pay you for their proposed run times and if you work over and beyond they don't pay you. Typically have 9.5 hour runs to 11 hours but most days you will be out for 12-13 hours. They don't allow enough time to complete the jobs assigned and then rush you to get to the next job. This job will cause you major stress both at work and at home as late finishes will be the norm everyday. Everything about the company is so bad, they charge you for everything they can so their pockets are lined even more and the driverline staff and management are not worth the money they get paid. If you damage anything they charge you, if you take stuff back because of the times allocated they will charge you. PLEASE DON'T TAKE ANY POSITIONS WITH THIS COMPANY THEY HAVE A BIG TURN AROUND OF DRIVERS BECAUSE THEY DON'T RESPECT THE DRIVERS AND THEIR NEEDS
7 August 2020
Thanks for getting in touch. I’m concerned to hear you were left feeling as though you had not been fairly remunerated or that you were blamed for damage that was not your fault. We value your comments and would appreciate the opportunity to be able to investigate further. Please could you email driverdisputes@ao.com with your Crew ID as a sub contractor driver for us to look in to. Thanks – AO.
Worked as 7.5t driver. Very long day often returning to the yard after 7-8pm. If you dont finish the run by the time expert planned you to,you work for nothing simple as sometimes 2/3 hrs. You have to illegally work through your breaks to stand the slightest chance of finishing on time. If its not busy only expect 1 or 2 days a week and a lot of time sitting by your phone. A lot of very heavy lifting, american fridge freezers can take you upto 2hrs to get in a property takin doors off etc but only given 20mins to fo this.Any damage to vehicles, property or product you are charged for regardless of blame. Its a company that the driver is always at fault so adds to already very stressful job.If you complain about anything they just dont give you any work. And a final note as i could go on and on how bad Expert logistics (ao.com) Don't expect to get your week in hand when you have finally had enough and leave as they make up some damage that by strange coincidence is the same amount as your last wage
Lets put it like this, went there for an interview or so called induction . Guy called regional manager was so rude and has attitude problem. He was thinking we just got there for fun.wasted my 2-3 hours over there. Even this guy who was there for an interview kick off with him because of managers behaviour. Imagine staff now. Pathetic. Told me to come in next but i was like naaaa.... thanks
  1. Employee reviews