ao.com
Happiness score is 32 out of 100

ao.com Employee Reviews

People there are not too bad. The hours are different each day and you don't know when or if your on shift till the night before, usually after 6.30 pm it's also done on a grading system where you have to get points each week to be offered work the following which is poor as everything goes against you even if your at no fault.
Management only promote people they get along with and not based on merit, performance or qualification. I would never recommend AO to any family member or friend.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
No development, no progression
Don't even think about working at the croydon branch you won't get paid for the hours you do or on time the training is useless as is the trainer all the managers think they are something special but just pond life
Cons
Worked there for 3 months as a self employed driver/Porter I mentioned before I started that I didn’t want weekends and they were happy with that ,I was excited about working there at the start but as the weeks went by they started pressuring me to work weekends and saying if you don’t work then you don’t get the work in the week the hours were long got no family time started at 6am and sometimes didn’t get home until 10pm
Cons
Used to be a great place to work untli recent new managment change. New manager just seems to put eveyone on warnings. even though the 4 on 4 off are a great bonus the work load leaves you exhausted. If your thinking of applying here go to dpd or Amazon first for delivery experience as you will be delivering small to large items aswell as installs to make your day longer.Most engineers at Heywood are looking for new jobs. The drivers you get are good sometimes and most times their good for nothing and just sit in the van andcall they want to do is drag the day out.Promotions are given by favouritism as recently lead trainer, lead engineer and compliance jobs went to managment favourites. theres nobody to complain to as all the managers seem to look after each other from top to bottom.The engineers are great lads just being worn out by hard daysAvoid this place at all costs.
Pros
4 on 4 off
Cons
Everything is a con here
Management are useless. Don't give you work 1 or 2 days a week. Want you to do all jobs from 6am till midnight if necessary. All damages to vans and items are down to you. Work on performance if its bad you get no work. Too many workers and not enough for everyone every day. Driving from Essex as far as margate for first job then do 15 to 19 jobs and expect you back for second run only then at 2-3pm to go into London for another 15 to 20 jobs when you've already done a days work. Completely useless company avoid at all costs unless you want to be worked to the bone.Self employed too work it out for yourself
Pros
A free chocolate bar if your doing well
Cons
Long hours hard days heavy lifting
They don't care about the staff. They are constantly employing in numbers as so many drop out. The turnover is horrendous. They care more about abusive customers than the staff member who takes the abuse. Poor shifts give you no time to recuperate. You are on calls from the minute you start till the minute you stop. There is no positive support from your managers. Most of the agents are great though which is sadly the only good thing to say about a company which cares more the money it is making than the wellbeing of it's agents.
Pros
Agents are nice
Cons
Long hours, don't always get your breaks on time.
worst job.i ever had. Managers are incompetent and unhelpful would not recomend. very depressing place to work . Not for the faint of heart an there is no work life balance at all
Highly unprofessional people to work with, couldn’t even spell organise! Office staff are a bunch under qualified little hitlers. Can’t handle a little stress at busy time, a don’t want to hear a thing you have to say.
Pros
Cons
Disorganised rogues
If you’re over the age of 30 prepare to feel like a fish out of water. Very ambitious people who are looking to move up the ladder. Management very inconsistent and totally dependent on which team you’re in.
Pros
On site Starbucks
Cons
How long have you got?
I worked there as a gas engineer installing cookers, fridges and other built in appliances l. You’re pretty much your own boss, I love the traveling involved
Really awful business practices/micro-management. Made to feel like a child and not a responsible adult. Training was great but once on your team the management is awful, disrespectful and not supportive. Typical call centre politics- if your face fits you will progress but nothing to do with your effort,skills or experience. Only apply if your a yes-man and your willing to brown nose.
Pros
good training
Cons
very stressful calls and abusive customers, bad management
21 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We pride ourselves on our positive culture at AO, so I’m disappointed to hear this wasn’t your experience. We’d appreciate the opportunity to investigate this further, we have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service, available for both current and past employees. The contact number is: 01204 672 601. All the best, AO
Avoid this warehouse at all costs. in fact avoid any part of AO.comThey are only good at one thing and that is making themselves look good to the outside world, with big fancy buildings that look great on the outside but are poor on the inside from the standard of upkeep to the way management treat staff. Free snacks are a cheap alternative to wages and the novelty soon wares off if you are fussy you wont want to touch most of it. A horrible atmosphere where staff are not cared about. The only bonus for me is the four days off between shift patterns.Staff turnover is high.
Pros
Cons
Awful place to work
21 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your review. We're disappointed to hear that you’re not enjoying your time at AO. Without specific details, it's difficult to comment on the particular areas you've raised concerns, though as a company which is renowned for its incredibly positive culture, we’re shocked to learn this isn't your experience. We have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service, available for both current and past employees - if you've had a particular issue which wasn't resolved, we'd really like for this to be fed back so we can investigate please. The contact number is: 01204 672 601. All the best, AO
1 star is even a compliment towards tnem. I worked in thatcham ao mobile. Absolutely terrible place to work, if you have any sort of mental health issues they’ll make them 1000X worse. The management have absolutely no clue what they’re doing and have no idea how to actually run the place. Overall I would rather eat poo than work for AO ever again! JR would be so disappointed if he knew exactly what the thatcham depot was like.They give you the “work life/home life” balance but that’s absolute nonsense All your work goes very un appreciated. If you don’t fit the managers standards of “pretty” then they do not like you.Simply AVOID.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
21 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your review. We're shocked to hear about your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to investigate further as this doesn’t sound like the positive and supportive culture we pride ourselves on. We have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service, available for both current and past employees - if you've had a particular issue which wasn't resolved, we'd really like for this to be fed back so we can investigate please. The contact number is: 01204 672 601. All the best, AO
The management team are shocking, no support when needed then pulled up on things which are done incorrectly. When asking for advice you are made to feel like you are massively inconveniencing them! No coaching or on going support ,when asking for it you are in the wrong and causing them an issue. You are also expected to work for free after your shift ends and you are still dealing with a call or one comes in at the very last minute with no time in lieu or payment for the time you have to stay over.
21 January 2021
Thank you for your review. We work hard to help everyone broaden their skills and head down a career path that’s perfect for them so we’re disappointed to hear this isn’t your experience. We have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service, available for both current and past employees - if you've had a particular issue which wasn't resolved, we'd really like for this to be fed back so we can investigate please. The contact number is: 01204 672 601. All the best, AO
Absolutely no idea what they’re doing. Do what they want for their benefit. Couldn’t give less of a po*p about customers. Just their wages. Selfish bunch
Pros
Awful management
Cons
10/10 snacks
3 December 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We're disappointed to hear you had a negative experience at AO. Without specific details, it's difficult to comment on the particular areas you've raised concerns, though I am confused to hear you say that management don’t care about our customers as making sure our customers are the happiest is one of our core values as a business. We have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service, available for both current and past employees - if you've had a particular issue which wasn't resolved, we'd really like for this to be fed back so we can investigate please. The contact number is: 01204 672 601. All the best, AO
I was here when it was Expert Logistics and in the earlier days it was an ok place to work. The atmosphere started to change around the time it became AO logistics. Seen many good people come and go who were good at their jobs and bought skills and knowledge to the company, but the people at the top do not care. It really is take it or leave and management do not want to change. The turnover of staff is high and skills are lost, the answer now is just promote anyone who can put up with the place.I have only hung in here because the shifts worked in with childcare, but I'm off soon too now circumstances have changed. I cannot wait.
Pros
Nothing anymore
Cons
Place has changed too much. Seen a lot of good people leave.No support for staff.
26 November 2020
Thank you for your review. As a company which is renowned for its incredibly positive culture, we’re disappointed to learn of your issues. We’re always looking for ways to improve so we’re shocked to hear you felt management wasn’t listening. We will pass on our feedback but if you have a particular issue which wasn't resolved, we have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service, available for both current and past employees. The contact number is: 01204 672 601. All the best, AO
Only for the desperate. Do not leave a job to come here. Not a great atmosphere, very top show and the culture is nothing like how they portray themselves. Good people don't tend to stay long. This company does not take well to feedback. Staff seem to have little motivation or care for their work or the company and this is reflected in the end product, needless to say I wouldn't purchase anything from AO.com having seen what I have.
Pros
Easy to park
Cons
Too many to fit in this space
17 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we’re disappointed to hear about the negative experience you had at AO. Without specific details, it's difficult to comment on the particular areas you've raised concerns, though as a company which is renowned for its incredibly positive culture, we’re shocked to learn this wasn't your personal experience. We have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service, available for both current and past employees - if you've had a particular issue which wasn't resolved, we'd really like for this to be fed back so we can investigate please. The contact number is: 01204 672 601. All the best, AO
Being an older colleague I was sceptical, however having worked in call centre/customer services all my adult life, i worked with many young people. Everyone I have met have been lovely and outgoing, as am I. Such a happy office to work in, yes there are complaints but its customer service, that's what it is about. At the moment it is so busy but the days go so fast, the floor walkers are so helpful as are my managers, Ive been with the company for under 6 months so ask me again in 6 years
Pros
Happy atmosphere, free goodies and drinks, lots of games and prizes
Cons
A bit more pay would be nice
11 November 2020
Thank you for your glowing review. It’s great to hear you’re enjoying your role here and we think our AO’ers are pretty awesome too. That’s because we make a point of hiring super lovely people, like you! All the best, AO.
I'm very interested in this jobNice place and good cooperation with friendsNot rushing people or staff to fast working, all staff have a good cooperation
Pros
Take break
Cons
12 hours
11 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it’s great to hear you enjoy the role and working within your team. All the best, AO.
I have worked in warehousing for over 15 Years. This place was a joke.Always looking for someone to blame, don't answer back if it's not your fault, you are expected to be a scapegoat in this poorly run operation.No care for workers unless you are a management pet. High staff turnaround, but that's no surprise.Do not be fooled by how this company looks on the outside it is just a charade.
Pros
Too mant negatives to notice
Cons
Just an awful company to work for
20 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review however we're disappointed to hear about the negative experience you had at AO. Without more information, it's difficult to address any specific concerned but as a company which is renowned for its positive culture, we’re shocked to learn this wasn't your experience. We have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service, available for both current and past employees - if you've had a particular issue which wasn't resolved, we'd really like for this to be fed back so we can investigate please. The contact number is: 01204 672 601. All the best, AO
  1. Employee reviews