APCOA Parking
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

APCOA Parking Employee Reviews

United Kingdom265 reviews

Your on your own

The job itself isn't too bad as you’re on your own a lot of the time and the jobs as hard as you make it as long as you can walk and drive your sorted! ….if your okay with keeping to yourself and getting on with the job then you’ll be fine. OT is always available but you don’t get paid an enhanced rate which you should especially when coming in on rainy miserable days!! But It’s a if your face fits type of environment , certain staff are treated very differently to others which is clearly seen by everyone but nobody says anything. If you want to be respected in a workplace and feel like you belong I would advise you to stay clear people are only out for themselves and the gossip around them. Cliques within the workplace make it very awkward to get along with individuals and your pressured constantly to take brakes at certain times when others can abuse break times without consequence. Do yourself a favour and keep scrolling if you’d like to keep your mental sanity and be happy in a workplace.

It’s a well structured organisation that has the staffs best interest at heart

The company has grown from strength to strength both in man power and the technological no how which has brought growth to its development and well being

Insights into APCOA Parking

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

worst place i've worked at

This company was the worst place i've worked for, management are sneaky and self centred. The company keep a lot of secrets and decided to make me redundant because i was pregnant. A lot of gossiping in the office, the company do not care for there customers and just want profit profit profit.

Pros

Cons

everything

Supportive and Understanding

Having worked for APCOA for the past 5 years, I have found them to be supportive of work life balance and of working fully remotely.Training and advancement has been available at all times.Communication with my line manager is excellent

Rubbish and don’t pay!!

Worker here for a few months they don’t care about you, not organised make you do jobs which are not suited for you Was sick with covid should of had sick pay, they didn’t pay me and made it seem like I resigned when I got back to health Company is rubbish, still no pay. Highly would not recommend

No two days are the same

A Job that combines Healthcare security, Parking, customer service and demands computer Literacy dedication and a calm but outgoing personality and attention to detail.Every single day is different. The Job requires a lot of training and the employer and The NHS provide most of this for free. Most of the skills are transferable to other vacations and a lot of people have found it to be a back door into starting a career within the NHS,

Pros

On the job training, The employer pays for license renewals, and further Licence applications for example CCTV, 4 on 4 off shift pattern means take 8 days leave and you get 20 days off!

Cons

Rotating shift pattern days and nights, Sometimes get into challenging situations.

The job is what you make it good place to work

Been with Apcoa for 14 years now worked up from a patrol officer to supervisor. No day is ever the same good place to work great staff members. Management support always there.

Pros

Facilities

Absolutely trash

It’s trash don’t join! Terrible pay, Terrible hours, unacceptable tasks, management is in disarray. They all sleep with each other!! DO NOT RECOMMEND! RUN FAST AND RUN HARD!!!!

Pros

If you enjoy being alone then this is for you

Cons

Everything else

Hospital security

Never paid correctly and absolutely no support from the company during covid and management is appalling, you have to restrain all types of people which can be difficult and demanding at times.

Unlike any job you’ll ever have had before.

I’ve been working at Apcoa now for just under 2 years. The freedom you have while on street and chatting to members of the public is great and builds up your confidence. Yes, You can get a bit of stick from the public but a great team and management help you with any of that. No day is the same and I’ve made some great friends while working here. It’s unlike anything I could have expected and I’d recommend the job to anyone who likes the outdoors and learning new things. There’s great opportunities for progression if you show willing as well.

Good except weather and abuse

Good job. On your own all day. Worst aspect is verbal abuse and aggression from members of the public. Apart from that and the weather it is a good job and I like it.

Cannot begin to describe the misery

Working at Apcoa is the most draining, mentally strenuous task ever. Not only do the public hate you, but management do too. They'll complain they're not maintaining staff and then go and sack the staff for getting sick after exposing them to all elements for minimum wage. Management don't know what the word management means either. Do not join for any reason, go on the dole it's better money

One of the worst companies I've had the misfortune to work for...!!

I was employed as a CEO at the Streatham lambeth branch, but I only lasted about 7weeks until I had to resign!! The management both local and head office were just simply and atrociously bad, non conforming and with no respect for an employee's past experience and maturity..!! Avoid at all costs... And if anyone applies, one doesn't lasts too long in the job... Its a big dead end..!!!

Avoid

Avoid at all cost, Avoid at all cost, low wages, no balance, no consideration, you are just a number, I repeat, just a number, you are just a number.

Cons

Fun working place very friendly environment

APCOA provided staff with all basic things needed at work place such as dryer for we uniforms, Ironing board and iron, kettle,microwave, tea,coffee,milk,etcA very friendly environment and management showed care for the welfare of their staffs.

Nice place to work. All staff are supportive and friendly

Challenging role walking in all weathers.I enjoyed my time. Got on well with all staff.I read some reviews on here and at first was not going to apply. Glad I did get on with all the team.Chance to drive use electric cycles learn car park roles. Really enjoying it

Pros

Staff discounts Flexible with you if you are with them.

Cons

Money could be better.

Friendly workplace

I worked for Apcoa for a couple of years, I worked at Knowsley, I found it very interesting, I met a lot of nice people, and gained a lot of knowledge, I found the staff, and the management, really friendly and supportive, and were a united team, and you felt like one big family. I left because I got pregnant, but would definitely consider going back once my child was a bit older.

Pros

Plenty of fresh air and exercise, Its brilliant in the summer

Cons

The winter weather, (although you are kitted out for it)

Great company

This company is a great one for exercise and keeping fit. If you love walking, this job is for you, I have been in this job for 3 years, teamwork is important if working in this job as we need to support each other. The job does Intel a few downs but all in all its a great job. You are enforcing the law.

Pros

Keep fit Supporting managers Over time Team players

Cons

Public can become agitated

Don’t do it

It’s a thankless job you are told to issue parking tickets even to funeral vehicles if your face fits you get mobile beats out in all weather management use your body camera against you a number of times you can hear laughing watching video downloads of your body cam even code red issues are ignored

Pros

Exercise

Cons

Winter inadequate clothing

Work hard - rewards & promotions

Worked for 15 years - great place to work - great management.If you show commitment and dedication to your work then this is also recognised by management

Pros

Promotions Benefits Pay

Cons

Management is horrible. Wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.

Salary is bad 👎Management is bad 👎 Working environment is bad 👎 I don't recommend anyone to work here .management. swears at staff for the fun of it it seems.

Pros

None¹

Cons

A lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at APCOA Parking. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare APCOA Parking with

• APCOA Parking
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?