Apex Hotels logo
Apex Hotels

Apex Hotels Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

fun and stressfull

can be stressful but can also be fun, managers where the only ones who mattered. A typical day could be fun and relaxed and very enjoyable, or a day where the manager could be in mood and make everybody's day a misery. But I still enjoyed my job as I got to meet new people every day from all different countries.

Pros

free lunch and dinner and the staff benefits

Cons

some managment

10 years service

I worked at Apex Grassmarket & Apex Waterloo. I worked on reception. I had a fantastic 10 years with the company. Great training and career oppertunities, lots and lots of lovely people to work with, fast-pace reception with a great city vibe. Free (great quality) uniform & meals on duty.

Pros

Competitive wage

Enjoyed my job, however, no promotion aspects at all down the line.

I enjoyed serving people and getting to know them. It was always nice to see some regulars come back and remember you as well.With that said, preferential treatment is a huge problem, as well as micro-managing everything everyone does. People would always disappear in the back office too, especially when it was busy.There was no room for honest communication, as no one would own up to their mistakes. Drama had become daily after a while, which was really wearing you down mentally and emotionally.Some chefs are also VERY rude as well, this should not be a thing and I do not know why they get away with it.Promises of training were never followed through either. There is only that tedious Flow training going on.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Preferential treatment, empty promises, needless drama, no honest communication, minimum wage is honestly not enough for all of this

No opportunity for promotion

Was turned down for interviews for supervisor positions and promises of training were never followed through. By the end of my time there I felt more like a pawn or number to this corporate machine than I had anywhere else despite putting in plenty of unpaid hours and coming in to cover sick coworkers, none of your efforts will be rewarded.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Poor pay, bad management, poor culture

Avoid by any cost

I have been working for large and small companies that are private own, or a part of big company. I have been in this place for a year and half, and that was the worst experience in my life. From top to the bottom, this place is rotten. I never write review about ex employer, but I feel this is my duty to make sure others are aware of this so called company. You have no support from management, no training, basically you will be on your own. Pay is low and the expectation are far to high.

Pros

non

Cons

management, atmosphere, work structure, everything

Better stay at home

Poor quality hotel considering it is 4*. Poor management, they are just worried about getting their bonus ar the end of the year instead of keeping the premises well. Meals for staff horrible 90% of the time and poor quality. get used to hear promises that will never be carried forward. Poor team work. Still know people who works there and it just got worse apparently

Pros

Free lunches but disgusting

Cons

Workplace, management

Don't go there if You don't want to waste Your time

I was working in Apex Hotels Temple Court.The beginning was OK (kind of like in any other workplace).The interview went kind of smooth,a group interview where we got introduced to the company.But when I started working,the actual colleagues were being too official and rude.If You didn't know something,they would reprimand You too often that You can't do Your job right and etc.The job was simple - I was responsible to carry the tray with the food to the room assigned.Before that I had to take a call and write the order down.But the attitude of some of the colleagues was absolutely horrible.One piece of advice - never work with Italians,especially if You have them as Your manager.The rudest people ever.I had one lady that I was working with,she was giving me a hard time...Other colleagues in my department were also Italian,so I felt like in some kind of a mafia all the time - not wanting to say a single word against because I would have been dismissed (which I was anyway).They will run You like a workhorse and You'll still be paid peanuts.Therefore pure and simple - just don't go there!

Pros

Cons

Long hours, rude staff, short break.

Great company to work for.

Apex is a great compa y to work for. I received full support from the very first day on the job and they continued to support all the way. Very friendly and welcoming team, nice, clean working environment. Great benefit package.

Pros

Possibility to grow in your role, support from management, benefits.

Cons

Busy, open space office can be noisy and distructing.

Work in a kitchen like porter

I was filling very proud and helpful with my job in the team and I learned alot to cop whit my colleagues. Sometimes not enough boats too many indians.

Very good company

Great family run business who look after the staff I would highly recommend this company very fair and professional very good listening and understanding

Jobs at Apex Hotels

See more jobs

Fast Paced, Occassionally stressful, friendly staff

Staff are all very friendly and laid back, relaxed work environment. However on occasions it can be quite stressful mainly due to when its busy we receive a lot of the same complaints.

Worse hotel to work for

This is the hotel in bath, this where staff treat you unfairly, make up lies, and if your face doesn’t fit then you are picked on. Very two face staff members. I would advise not to work for this place, Rotas disorganised, If make a complaint your just laughed in your face and someone said he hated me and gonna make my work experience here unbearable.

Very bad

I worked for aplex hotels for 2 months. You get really unfairly treated by the management if your face doesnt fit there brand standard even tho you do your best it still not good enough for them not good company ro work for

Pros

Nice lunch

Cons

Bad management.

Brilliant family run company

I briefly worked for Apex hotels before being transferred to a different company in their spa. I really enjoyed my brief time with Apex and thought their training was really thorough. Although I moved to a different company, we were still in partnership and based within the Apex hotel. The rest of the staff in the hotel were still brilliant to work with and there was a good vibe from everyone. Would definitely recommend Apex as an employer!

Good Student Job

I worked at Apex whilst I was a student and picked up work as and when I could. The managers were great and didnt put any pressure on you as most of the starters were learning on the job. Pay was good and there was plenty of shifts to pick up. Get free food also.

Hard work but fun

Working the night shift had its regular challenges but the team I worked with made the nights fun. With excellent support from management, I was given all the training I felt I needed. A supportive culture was always promoted and appreciated by staff. As with most places within the hospitality industry, the wages were standard. All in all a good company to work for.

Pay is ok

They do pay well however they expect you to cover 6 floors (usually alone) and have a go if you leave slightly early to catch final buses home, so it's best if you have your own transport. Also management can be a pain if they don't immediately like you.

Good for working parents or students but no progression

Poor managment, who always sits in office. Short on staff all the time and having to run between departments. Rotas not being organised on occupency level. Only progress in career if your face fits. All higher positions are already decided before they are advertised. The interview process is merely to show they are following the correct procedure.

Avoid

No care for staff and very poor management throughout. Lack of training as well, but then get warnings for not knowing something because of no training. I recommend you stay away from this company

Low wage for London

The company is definitely on right track but the big con's are in the wages, London is not Edinburg you need to understand this, the wages should reflect that, this is the main reason of the continuous movement of staff. The expectations are high and totally agree with the vision but this need to be reflected in the salary otherwise you will need more HR to keep recruiting team members. Management, depends on the department to be fair but they focus on the right things. They need a better reward program then the EOM which is a bit bias, the program needs to reflect all unsung team members that they do the heavy lifting, the department managers should be offering like monthly rewards for members they have done great on that month(in place at current job), i don't think 2 cinema tickets time 6-7 departments per month will bankrupt the company, you ask us to go extra mile, then you should do the same :)

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Low wages comparing London salaries

flexible

Apex hotels was a good place to work, the management was understanding and the hours flexible where required, however, the downfalls were the lack of advancement and promotions available, and the wages didn't match the job requirements in all areas. The company its self isn't bad to work for and most of the teams got on well and were a friendly relaxed environment.

Pros

free lunches flexible hours

Cons

bad wages lack of job advancement
  • Apex Hotels