Apex Hotels

Apex Hotels Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

fun and stressfull

can be stressful but can also be fun, managers where the only ones who mattered. A typical day could be fun and relaxed and very enjoyable, or a day where the manager could be in mood and make everybody's day a misery. But I still enjoyed my job as I got to meet new people every day from all different countries.

Pros

free lunch and dinner and the staff benefits

Cons

some managment

Great company to work for.

Apex is a great compa y to work for. I received full support from the very first day on the job and they continued to support all the way. Very friendly and welcoming team, nice, clean working environment. Great benefit package.

Pros

Possibility to grow in your role, support from management, benefits.

Cons

Busy, open space office can be noisy and distructing.

Good Student Job

I worked at Apex whilst I was a student and picked up work as and when I could. The managers were great and didnt put any pressure on you as most of the starters were learning on the job. Pay was good and there was plenty of shifts to pick up. Get free food also.

Low wage for London

The company is definitely on right track but the big con's are in the wages, London is not Edinburg you need to understand this, the wages should reflect that, this is the main reason of the continuous movement of staff. The expectations are high and totally agree with the vision but this need to be reflected in the salary otherwise you will need more HR to keep recruiting team members. Management, depends on the department to be fair but they focus on the right things. They need a better reward program then the EOM which is a bit bias, the program needs to reflect all unsung team members that they do the heavy lifting, the department managers should be offering like monthly rewards for members they have done great on that month(in place at current job), i don't think 2 cinema tickets time 6-7 departments per month will bankrupt the company, you ask us to go extra mile, then you should do the same :)

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Low wages comparing London salaries

flexible

Apex hotels was a good place to work, the management was understanding and the hours flexible where required, however, the downfalls were the lack of advancement and promotions available, and the wages didn't match the job requirements in all areas. The company its self isn't bad to work for and most of the teams got on well and were a friendly relaxed environment.

Pros

free lunches flexible hours

Cons

bad wages lack of job advancement

fun and quick paced

Quick to pick up and lovely working with people whom I had never met before, got to know some really nice people. Really helpful staff in training, good training protocol and good benefits to working there too like free gym and swim.

a really good place to work with really friendly staff

the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the room looked its best every day. the hardest part of the job is the time limit you have to make every room up to the highest possible standard. the workplace culture was amazing, everyone was always really happy and everyone got on with each other really well. management could have been more supportive but oh well.

Pros

free lunches, one hour lunch break, smoke breaks, all cleaning stock available

exhausting physical work

Salary totally inadequate to duties. Very hard and exhausting physical work. After work you very, very tired and don't want do anything else. Definitely too many rooms for one day's work in 4 star hotel (too much departures room for one day or too much rooms with linen change). Irrational change of king's beds on a twin and vice versa which adds only extra hard work. Cleaning the rooms of the present guests in the same way as the departures rooms. A very small canteen and a poor choice of dinner dishes. A very small cloakroom outside the hotel. Salary it's totally inadequate.

Pros

Cons

too many rooms for one day's work, salary totally inadequate to duties

Good Place to work

The hotel is a nice friendly place to work, with all departments getting along. there is sometimes some long hard shifts (over the Xmas period) but they are fun to do.

Pros

Free Lunch and Dinner, Good Rates with the hotels in London

great team

was a good job for a short time,a great management,my co-workers were great,but I want a part time job,a little bit flexible.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

hard work

Jobs at Apex Hotels

See more jobs

A good place to work

Thoroughly enjoy working in this environment as no day is the same as another. The Co workers are all friendly and work well as a team together. I enjoy the diversity of the duty manager position however it can also be some of the hardest part of the position.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Unsociable hours

Good place for work

This is a good place to learn, because they have a good standard, and a different products to learn. The management is good, we have a competitive salary and a good shifts. The hardest part of my job was the latter finish The most enjoyable part of my job was the good work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement