Apex Prime Care

lovelyclienttravelofficecarelonghourstaff

Brilliant

Featured review

Apex Prime Care selected this as a representative review
Never thought id enjoy this type of work, but I really love this role. the business itself is professional and supportive and fun to work for. Amazing company to work for.

Great company

I have progressed with this company from being a carer to my current position as a manager. As I have been open and honest about any struggles I have had, I have always been supported to overcome these. Social care as an industry is struggling, which is apparent in every company, Apex is no different. Staff are paid and trained well. There are opportunities to progress as the company expands, if you are willing to be a team player. I can not fault this company, they are doing a great job. They reward their team members with lovely gifts at Easter, Christmas and we all have an extra days holiday so we can have our birthday off every year.

Insights into Apex Prime Care

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

stressful and stretched

Since Apex took over the Farnborough branch life working for them became very stressful. They lack structure and support within the team which means everyone working here is very stretched . This is because the way they run as a agency is to get maximum out of everyone for the minimal money. Cutting office jobs and refusing to replace to save money has made it harder to work at this branch, leaving us all stretched. Care team are not recognised enough as care professionals but they are paid above average for care in the community. Unfortunately they only see the care team as body’s and that they are easily replaced. This is not always the case as recruitment is very slow. Has potential to be a good care provider if only senior management would listen to their care team! I would not recommend working here as other agencies are offering more support, structure and the respect that carer’s deserve!

Nice to work freely but management unsupportive

You don't get paid enough for the work. Management can be rude on the phone to you. They can just take all your hours away if they like. As it is only a zero hour contract.

Pros

Can work on your own

Cons

Management, pay

Great company to work for :)

Apex Prime Care is a lovely company to work for and is supportive throughout your career with the company. Weybridge office is great and lovely staff members to wokr with.

Nice residents

Lovely residents but no team work, very clicky and if your face doesn't fit your left in the cold. Management ok especially if they want something 🤔

Stressful. No support from office. Call cramming

No support provided from office when had problems with clients, told more or less to get on with it. Actively encourage staff to leave calls early to get to next call, they don't give travel time between calls 😑

Pros

Good rate of pay

Cons

No support from office and stressful

hard work but rewarding

- friendly staff members- flexible hours- house to house care- support from teammates- good pay- not much room for progression- hard work at times.

Pros

paid mileage

Cons

understaffed

Clients were lovely

Changing direction when already on your way to your next call, as you have pulled over to take a call from the office and they have decided to send you elsewhere. Waste of petrol. No pay for travel time, therefore a long day dashing from one place to another and back again for not enough money for total hours worked.

Pleasurable

Really great company to work for. Sorry to leave but Apex do not operate this area otherwise would of transferred. Great colleagues. Always someone on the end of the phone if you need them, whether it be work or personal.

Care staff are paid very well, office staff are paid poorly

Great rate of pay for a carer, poorly paid for office staff. Currently social care is in trouble, everyone is worn out, recruitment isn’t great, people don’t want to work in care, although a very rewarding job it can be a thankless task .Domiciliary care isn’t recognised unlike the NHS.Throughout Covid it was the care staff and district nurses on the front line, nobody else

Pros

Helping vulnerable people

Cons

Hours

Lovely clients and staff. Very flexible

Apex is a great company to work for , very rewarding job , some calls can be easy but the day can be very challenging too. Hours are flexible but need to find a good balance with home and work life. If you enjoy driving then your find job easier. I can work from anything up to 50, 60 hours ! Pay is more weekends. Also can pick up shifts easy.

Pros

Lovely clients

Cons

Time keeping

Poorly run, no organisation, stressful

Too many clients and not enough time to give them the attention they deserve. Little or no training, no support from seniors or managers,just told to get on with it! Don't work for apex, don't waste your time. Very under valued and under appreciated.

Cons

Badly run company, no benefits to working for them at all. Pick another care company, plenty to choose from.

Lovely job. Horrible management

Day to day tasks are lovely it was great to help look after people in their own homes and getting to know them and their families. Flexible working around child care needs. Management was disorganised, spoken to like garbage

poor company with poor attitude to staff or welfare

poor management overall. only paid for the set time of the job regardless if it takes you longer for the care needs to be meet and you to meet your duty of care. large gaps in-between jobs which means your pay works out at a lot less. no millage paid instead they pay some ridicules idea of an extra £1.25 a call to 'cover the cost' but then send you 10 miles between jobs for pointless reasons. rude management and very unsupportive of individuals needs. over all very very poor company I would never recommend for anyone to be enslaved by.

Pros

nice clients

Cons

backstabbing management, poor support

my experience

long hours but its job satisfaction . It has been hard time and everyone has worked hard. Generally everyone pulls together . Good working team generally . the hardest part is the clients expectations of you. The best bit is that you have given them the best service you can and made their lives easier

Fun and very satisfying

A very satisfying job going into clients houses and supporting them with day to day tasks that we take for granted Meet people from many different walks of life - mix of ages

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Overworked, underpaid and undervalued.

Management do not value their staff and treat them poorly. Other staff expect you to take on shifts they do not want to work. You are mistreated by customers and the staff justify it by saying “they are like that to everyone”. If you refuse to take on extra shifts you are made to feel guilty. You are also not allowed to be off sick at all and if you do, staff will belittle you.

Cons

Long hours, small breaks, excessive work load, understaffed.

Lovely office team, limited staff

I loved working with Apex, Hersham. The office team are so supportive but the hours are hard and petrol costs are an issue. Clients are friendly and lovely to work for

Pros

Amazing Team and Clients

Cons

Petrol costs

Good company to work for

Really lovely clients and lonely management. Lovely client baking work very rewardingGood management -really easy to talk to. I’m only part time as having my other job and you are very flexible with hours

Amazing company

I have worked for Apex prime care for 3 years and in that time I have achieved so much more than I thought was possible. I would recommend apex prime care to anyone interested in care and also for someone who is looking to progress in their career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Prime Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Apex Prime Care with

Learn about Apex Prime Care in popular locations

• Apex Prime Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?