Apleona

Apleona Employee Reviews

Could be a lot better to work for, they make things unnecessarily difficult on times and we end up working against each other but we are all ultimately working towards the same goal....
Manager was very professional and helpful Really enjoyed my time working with them, lost my job because of COVID so site closed otherwise I would still be happily working there
Pros
Flexible
Cons
The best company I have ever worked for and would jump at the chance to join them again Reasons for departing from apleona was redundancy due to demobilisation of a business sector
Pros
To many to list
Cons
Have none
Relaxed environment to work in, people are friendly. Job could be quite demanding cleaning up after intoxicated customers but apart from that not a bad place to work.
Not the best at making quick decisions and in management both areas could see better improvements. With that in hindsight the job itself is simple and not over demanding you get to work at your own pace.
Love working life here been with Apleona 3 years on same site Love the staff and my manager is a great bloke very helpfull and understanding always receive my stock on time no problems at all maybe I'm just at the right site for me but I do think Apleona have good benefits wage is basic
worked here as a cleaner for a month and then had a very serious accident which resulted in a lot headaches and limited movement in my arm but have struggled on
Pros
small friendly team
Cons
bad management
Interview seemed very unprofessional, communication is very slack, Be ready for false promises.. Only positive I can think of is. if it covers their back they’ll send you on training that will help you in the future, admittedly this was from one sector of work, it could be different for arising higher up positions.
Pros
Training/ Good company Benefits
Cons
Lack of Communication, being drip fed useless information.
There was never any work to complete and didnt offer the challenge i was looking for i belive this is a good company for when looking for retire but not for a person starting there career or looking to learn.
I finished my employment due to ongoing health problems. The work as an MSO or Cleaner is physically demanding. Duties can involve walking up to 20 miles a day around sites, cleaning waste from the general public including bodily waste. Standard's are very high and you are on call via radio all day. Some of the Management teams are challenged and can mean a great deal of delegation. In such, that they cannot pick up a crisp packet from the floor and radio for assistance for you to when you are almost a mile away. Concluding it is a great team of people who are very kind and considerate, don't lend money to staff and don't get bullied into doing somebody else's duties. Overall a great workplace.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Apleona?
Company ok, not the worst. Staff that I work with though do just as they please. No one ever checks but, some people really abuse their positions and the hours they are suppose to work. Lots of building problems too.
I've worked for apleona for 2 years and management are no good when we need stock for our jobs we never get what we need. The cover is a disgrace your expected to cover and slot that in within your 3 hours so your not giving your floor the great clean it requires the staff tou work with are rude and petty and are like 3 year olds in a play ground. I'd avoid working for this place on a serious note!
Appalling to work for, no one ever replies to yr messages or contacts you about anything. Always waiting on supplies to do the job properly, never pay correctly, doing 2 peoples jobs on minimum wage.
Love working here, my manager is supportive and friendly, I am trusted to get on with my work, have all the tools I need and it is a very relaxed and fun atmosphere. I am lucky to work in one of the most closely bonded teams where we all support each other.
Apleona have been a good employer and the management seem to have a real desire to improve things for their colleagues and customers. The business is spread all over the UK so it can be hard to get the word out too all of our people but the company tries its best and is open to listening to its people and making changes. The people I've come across have all been very helpful and seem dedicated to making the business a success. Again it can be hard to create a culture for the business given the type of work that we do however people seem committed to making this happen.
Pros
Passionate staff
Cons
communication can be difficult
I've never had to actually talk to HR since the day I've started I've been there for 9 months and counting I get a lot of unnecessary paperwork on top of the actual work I do and when you suggest an idea they look down upon you asif you are incapable of using your own brain and tell you that you're wrong all the time even though you have been looking the problem straight in the face and can identify the issue very long working hours unnecessary
Pros
Cons
Long hours low pay not allowed to use brain cells
Good relaxing job , hardest part of job is dealing with customers. If you get bored easy this job is not ideal for you, The company is willing to put there staff on courses if it benefits them.
Pros
shift 4 on 4 off
Cons
low pay
The team that I work with, is really amazing and this job is really flexible. If you work hard, there are many chances of being promoted. I would definitely recommend other people.
Assistant manager email me and she said interested in me to make interview and she gave me it 2 days after. When I came for that, she sent supervisor to pick up me and she was waiting in a meeting room. It was a long table and she put herself in one corner and she seat to me in the other one. We have around 3 meters between us. She was very rude asking me questions all interview. And she ask me about 2 references and she said me we are in touch. Next week I sal her and she said unfortunately my application was unsuccessful. Lost my time with that people and company. And payment monthly.
Pros
There isnt
Cons
I would start work at 19.00-0700 mainly on reception do a patrol every few hours to make sure everythi ng was ok I would speak to management via email or over the phone mainly put would always get ba response asap
Pros
Friendly and Always help you if you need it
Cons
Long hours and not enouth training
  1. Employee reviews