Apleona

Apleona Employee Reviews

United Kingdom50 reviews

staffmanagergoodcompanymanagementtimeworkingjob

Good team, poor management

I knew the job so was straight forwards, but senior / exev managers didnt understand the site or the requirements. No communication between management to site, every payday was wrong (salary so should have just been the same each month, but no).Everything is always last minute, and management gave no inspiration.

Pros

Good pay, and nice working environment due to customer site

Cons

Never got pay right, confusing systems

Career advancement, People focused culture, Great work life balance

All jobs have their challenges, this is how we improve. It's how you approach them and deal with them that makes you a success. The team we have around us help to make the environment fun, productive and deliver results.

Pros

Excellent staff benefits, great team work, Trust

Insights into Apleona

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great Company

Great place to work, with great management and very good work life balance. Lots of career prospects for people/staff willing to learn. Lots of training opportunities again if you are willing.

Shocking for min wage

Worked for them for 8 years(due to enjoying my co-workers!) till we thankfully moved to a different company! Absolutely shocking management! They treat you like your nothing, nothing is ever good enough and they are better then you and they make sure you know! Everyone’s on antidepressants all because of them and them letting their incompetent and non qualified managers to treat everyone like they should be grateful you’ve got a job and be grateful you get minimum wage to be well over worked and stressed even tho they knew what’s going off!Please I can’t scream enough do not work for these people under any circumstance! You’ll be better off mentally on the dole!

Soul destroying

untrained managment. Permanently understaffed. Under appreciated. Under valued and easily replaced. High staff turn over. Over sized areas for 3 hour clean. Its all about cutting staff and saving money we are just numbers and figures not actual humans, which is ironic because they stick mental health posters everywhere?! ALOT of hassle and stress for 15 hours a week cleaning i would not advise this if you want a simple cleaning job.

Pros

Na

Cons

Salary advance

Avoid at all costs

Management dont care if your not in there little triangle.Certain employees can do what they want.Then others do exactly the same and the are in trouble for doing it.As the saying goes if your face fits.

Stressful work place and understaffed

Poorly ran company always low on staff and over worked ......uneducated managers ....no time for staff concerns and worries....supervisors and staff are never supported by managers they only make an appearance when it suits them . 2 months work in hand is needed to be payed! And your contract is non existent as what they text you applies instead!

Pros

Good hourly pay

Cons

Understaffed over worked no support from higher staff

Not the best

Senior management terrible, never listen to the staff. They Visit once in a blue moon and the red carpet is rolled out for them. They don’t appreciate good staff

Contract start

Transition of cleaning company from one bad one to another.Very poor organisation of start up.Lack of knowledge of work environment by start up management. Total lack of equipment and materials needed and supllied for contract. Lack of management support whilst short of staff. Having been in the cleaning industry for over 20 yrs in various management rolesI have never found a more disorganised company.

Cons

It is a productive and good environment to work in. They are inclusive and friendly.

It is a good place to work overall, they always have their employees at heart. The inclusion and external activities are really impressive. I’m totally happy working here for more time even if it’s for a different job role.

Pros

It is convenient and flexible.

Cons

Occasional survey on satisfactions of employees.

Very professional and diligent company

Apleona have intelligent leadership and good management and act with integrity. A good solid company all round. They care about well-being their employees

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Mine really

Good company

Have worked for Apleona for over a year doing cleaning I can say that having worked for other very bad services companies previously that I finally found a good one. No problems with getting paid, no problems getting cleaning supplies, regular contact with nice management who support you with training if needed. Highly recommended.

Pros

Paid on time, supplies, friendly competent management

Easy

Management with a big lack of social skills a person that being a easy going ,cause didn t want to bother , who was doing the minimum , and that even people working for the customer where very happy. He stood almost 3 weeks at home saying he was working from there ,when in reality he was fixing the new house

Staff Great, Pay poor

Very long shifts, could work 60 hours in the week and only paid 40. Could take time back in lieu but never happened because always short staffed.Staff fun to be with and very hard working.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Long hours, poor pay

Cleaner

Manager was very professional and helpful Really enjoyed my time working with them, lost my job because of COVID so site closed otherwise I would still be happily working there

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Excellent company to work for

The best company I have ever worked for and would jump at the chance to join them again Reasons for departing from apleona was redundancy due to demobilisation of a business sector

Pros

To many to list

Cons

Have none

Hard work

Could be a lot better to work for, they make things unnecessarily difficult on times and we end up working against each other but we are all ultimately working towards the same goal....

Not a bad job

Relaxed environment to work in, people are friendly. Job could be quite demanding cleaning up after intoxicated customers but apart from that not a bad place to work.

A fair company

Not the best at making quick decisions and in management both areas could see better improvements. With that in hindsight the job itself is simple and not over demanding you get to work at your own pace.

Hygiene on site

Love working life here been with Apleona 3 years on same site Love the staff and my manager is a great bloke very helpfull and understanding always receive my stock on time no problems at all maybe I'm just at the right site for me but I do think Apleona have good benefits wage is basic

problematic

worked here as a cleaner for a month and then had a very serious accident which resulted in a lot headaches and limited movement in my arm but have struggled on

Pros

small friendly team

Cons

bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apleona. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement